Search this Thread

Old 16 June 2004, 08:09 PM
Martin Evans
Scooby Newbie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default New STI?

Any one got any more facts on this article

More Power To The Impreza

he race to produce the ultimate Japanese performance saloon is hotting up. This is the facelifted flagship Impreza, and it promises to be one of the most hardcore Subarus ever. However, the changes are hard to spot - the only visual update is slightly wider rear wheelarches.

It's badged STi, and the extensive mechanical makeover includes Driver Controlled Centre Differential, which allows power distribution to be altered between the front and rear wheels. The suspension has also been reworked for better handling, and there's a sportier limited slip differential at the front wheels.

Subaru's legendary flat-four turbo remains, but performance will be improved thanks to an increase in torque in the lower rev range. UK sales begin later this year.

Comments: 0 Article from: Auto Express
Old 16 June 2004, 08:18 PM
greasemonkey
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by Martin Evans
Any one got any more facts on this article
Yes, it's more of Auto Express's usual mixture of incomplete/misstated facts and implied bull****.

The car pictured is the 2005MY Japan-only Spec C, and far from being a new car, it's merely the 2005 refresh of a model that's been in Subaru's lineup since the 2001MY.

Most of the comments in the article apply to the Spec C and other Japanese market STi's. They do not carry over to the UK/Euro market cars, which will have pretty much the same mechanical spec as they did this year.
Old 16 June 2004, 08:48 PM
sti-04!!
Scooby Senior

Thanks for clearing that up GM, i was panicking there

Sti-04!!