ScoobyNet General General Subaru Discussion

What would you do????

Search this Thread

Old 16 June 2004, 09:47 PM
Dazza's-STi
Scooby Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Question What would you do????

Ok here's the big question... I need the thing to go quicker and it needs to be much stiffer. So...

STI MY03 PPP at the moment... on a 03 plate

Do I chop it in against a spec C cost me maybe 6-7k

Spend another 13k for a T25 nice idea but 13k Mmmm

Keep it, I do like it... get the suspesion sorted, visit RCM with about 8k and get a decent power hyke..

or look at a FQ340 MR as its £60 pa cheaper to insure than my STi...

I terms of cash was looking at a 10k limit unless i went for a FQ

have a think and what would you do...?
Old 16 June 2004, 10:01 PM
SC008Y_MAD
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by Dazza's-STi
Ok here's the big question... I need the thing to go quicker and it needs to be much stiffer. So...

Keep it, I do like it... get the suspesion sorted, visit RCM with about 8k and get a decent power hyke..

have a think and what would you do...?
I would have to say get a power hike and get the suspension sorted at RCM (i guess u are talking about Roger Clark Motorsport?)

that would be my option, as it seems to be cheaper allternative than changing your 03STi for either a Type 25 or the opposition an Evo FQ340 MR as u would have the hastle of placing add for ur car in the classifiedes, for sale sections, the insurance to sort out etc...

So if you are happy with the car overhall then i say just keep it and do the suggested mods to please urself, well that hat i would do. hope that helps

Last edited by SC008Y_MAD; 16 June 2004 at 10:36 PM.
Old 16 June 2004, 10:04 PM
Dazza's-STi
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by SC008Y_MAD
I would have to say get a power hike and get the suspension sorted at RCM (i guess u are talking about Roger Clark Motorsport?)

that would be my option, as it seems to be cheaper allternative than changing your 03STi for either a Type 25 or the opposition an Evo FQ340 MR as u would have the hastle of placing add for ur car in the classifiedes, for sale sections, the insurance to sort out etc...

So if you are happy with the car overhall then i say just keep it and do the suggested mods to please urself, well that hat i would do. hope that helps
I really like the scoob looks wise, and so does the missuse... so the dark side is a last resort... honest!
Old 16 June 2004, 10:08 PM
P.Cole
Scooby Regular

keep it m8 an get it made faster and sort the spension out thats my plan for mine u would only lose a load of money if u sold it anyway
Old 17 June 2004, 12:46 AM
jaycee
Scooby Regular

How much faster does it need to be? 0-60 in 4.6 seconds and 150 mph is more than enough to beat most things and very capable of losing you your licence.
Right that was me wearing my sensible head, the other option is to take it to RCM, spend a wedge and have a tarmac eating monster!!

Jason
Old 17 June 2004, 12:54 AM
chris's scooby
Scooby Regular

Don't change ur car when it's only a year old, you'll lose too much money, trust me i looked at it!What u wanna go 4 or do depands how much you'll use the car and if you want any comfort!

Good luck
Old 17 June 2004, 09:03 AM
hawkeye
Scooby Regular

you could always buy mine

keep it m8 u know it makes sense
Old 17 June 2004, 09:10 AM
SPEN555
Scooby Regular

Dazza,

If you chopped yours in for a Spec C then I can't see it being £7k's worth quicker and so would leave you disappointed (it would me anyway!). Similar with going for an Evo.

£7k's worth of carefully selected mods should make a noticeable difference to your car.

Echo changing your car after only a year is a depreciation disaster, so I would keep if I were you.

Damian.
Old 17 June 2004, 09:12 AM
mgg
Scooby Regular

I have to say it, change it for an Evo FQ340 MR. For the 2 simple reasons, its 340bhp as standard, you wont need to pay anything for mods etc. The other reason being, think how many FQ340's youve actually seen on the roads ?? Ive seen one since it was launched, i pass 4 sti's every morning on the way to work, without fail!
I would love to have a car that is very rare and you dont see many of on the roads !

Only downside to the evo is the fact it has to be serviced every 4k miles.
Old 17 June 2004, 09:23 AM
megabusa
Scooby Regular

I must say, I would go for the T25 if I had the cash. Why not enjoy a bit of window shopping to help you decide?
Old 17 June 2004, 09:28 AM
hawkeye
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by mgg
I have to say it, change it for an Evo FQ340 MR. For the 2 simple reasons, its 340bhp as standard, you wont need to pay anything for mods etc. The other reason being, think how many FQ340's youve actually seen on the roads ?? Ive seen one since it was launched, i pass 4 sti's every morning on the way to work, without fail!
I would love to have a car that is very rare and you dont see many of on the roads !

Only downside to the evo is the fact it has to be serviced every 4k miles.

Being rare doesn't mean their the best tho 7k's worth of mods would make a monster than NO mr340 could keep up with and THAT car would be UNIQUE!!!

just like mine
Old 17 June 2004, 09:43 AM
gadget daz
Scooby Regular

.............and this animal doesn't interest u one bit? not in the slightest?

http://bbs.scoobynet.co.uk/showthrea...5&page=1&pp=20

...hmmm, strange that
Old 17 June 2004, 09:44 AM
Neilo
Scooby Regular

The new MR evos DO NOT need to be services every 4k miles, its now 7.5k miles as per the WR1 and older scoobs. They changed the service interval when they decided to officially enter the UK market with a UK specced car.

Neil.
Old 17 June 2004, 09:55 AM
mgg
Scooby Regular

ok, it used to be 4k miles then.

A serious machine their gadget daz.
Old 17 June 2004, 10:43 AM
vindaloo
Scooby Regular

Powerstation for suspension. Talk about tyres too. Maybe try Mr Litchfield's import or T25 demo?

TSL for a modest power hike. RCM for the dog's danglies.

Do the suspension first and sell any leftover pile of STi branded bits to fund engine work.

J.
Old 17 June 2004, 12:25 PM
gadget daz
Scooby Regular

Talking

Originally Posted by mgg
A serious machine their gadget daz.
Cheers matey, evo magazine thought that when they recorded it at millbrooke doing 3.9 seconds...................with heatsoke
Old 17 June 2004, 02:34 PM
Gubbins
Scooby Regular

Just my opinion dazza, but someone suggested getting an MR340 - pointless. If you're the sort of person who gets bored with 300bhp in less than a year, I reckon you'll be bored with 340 in less than a year as well - i.e. another pile of money down the pan. Might as well enjoy what you've got and spend some money on more performance/handling mods - much cheaper than starting again.

I've got the same motor as you, same age of car, etc. I understand what you mean, but maybe the cheapest way to solve your "problem" might be to hire as Astra 1.6 for 2 weeks from Europcar, then you might re-appreciate what you've got!
Old 17 June 2004, 09:46 PM
gnome
Scooby Regular

Just tradeing my sti8 ppp in tomorrow for mr 340, when i test drove the 330 it was so much better, the ride was 10 times better and performance and the new 340 is supposed to be a lot better so will let you know, if i can drag myself out of it, roll on tomorrow morning.
Old 17 June 2004, 09:51 PM
stevebt
Scooby Regular

Received 33 Likes on 19 Posts

t25 as you already have an sti ppp and you want quicker so t25 is going to be the best out of the box impreza at the moment so itll be cheaper for you in the long run
Old 17 June 2004, 10:44 PM
Martin J Stirling
Scooby Regular

If you are worried about losing money, then don't forget that piling **** loads of cash into your current car in the form of mods is also a bad move. When it comes to resale time you will never reoup the money you've spent, plus modded cars are generally more dificult to sell on.

I think if you're power hungry, then why not trade the STI in for an GTR R34 Skyline. You can pick up a mint VSpec for 30K and in terms of modding, Skylines are an exception to the rule. Generally modded GTR's are not frowned upon as this is practically the natural course for these cars. 400bhp is the starting point and many run 500bhp+ all day long..

Food for thought anyway.

Mart.
Old 18 June 2004, 09:52 AM
Sticky Stuff
Scooby Regular

Location: ShyTot graphics Location: Squires Bar Location: Wakecastlefract

Keep the Scooby, and go buy an Evo aswell.

No, that's just DAFT!!!

o/t rant...
...and just pray that you never need to buy a fuse for the Evo, 'cos 'bishi dealers don't carry 'em in stock...

...rant over.