ScoobyNet General General Subaru Discussion

Caught scumbags at it!

Search this Thread

Old 18 June 2004, 12:15 PM
Keigo
Scooby Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Caught scumbags at it!

Woken up last night about 3 am as I heard some noise from outside. Looked outside the window, and there are 3 toe rags in baseball caps at the front of my scooby, trying to take off the front grille!!! I shouted out, and they ran away.

Luckily, the grille or any other part of the car is not damaged, and it easily fitted back in (although not 100% in line yet, I'll have to mess a little to get it perfect).

Wonder why they were trying to get the grille off. I can think of 3 possibilities

1) They tried to get to the bonnet latch, so that they can get in under the bonnet, and take bits from underneath it

2) They wanted to get under bonnet to cut all wire to the alarm, so they can work on nicking the car

3) They were just after the grille for some reason...

I never had or heard of any trouble with crimes around my house before, and now getting worried... I have big plans for the scooby, but if the criminals are sniffing around, and they failed the first time, they are likely to finish off what they started... is it time to sell before too late???
Old 18 June 2004, 12:17 PM
subaru-impreza.org
Scooby Regular

Its a sad world we live in isnt it..... Flipping nightmare all these crooks... Anyway glad everything is ok.
Old 18 June 2004, 12:20 PM
FishDog
Scooby Newbie

Originally Posted by Keigo
Woken up last night about 3 am as I heard some noise from outside. Looked outside the window, and there are 3 toe rags in baseball caps at the front of my scooby, trying to take off the front grille!!! I shouted out, and they ran away.

Luckily, the grille or any other part of the car is not damaged, and it easily fitted back in (although not 100% in line yet, I'll have to mess a little to get it perfect).

Wonder why they were trying to get the grille off. I can think of 3 possibilities

1) They tried to get to the bonnet latch, so that they can get in under the bonnet, and take bits from underneath it

2) They wanted to get under bonnet to cut all wire to the alarm, so they can work on nicking the car

3) They were just after the grille for some reason...

I never had or heard of any trouble with crimes around my house before, and now getting worried... I have big plans for the scooby, but if the criminals are sniffing around, and they failed the first time, they are likely to finish off what they started... is it time to sell before too late???

Hi,

Bloody scuz buckets , I do not know what type of house you have but I have bought 4 parimeter alarms that go off as soon as the beam is broken, , in my case about 10 meters behind the car so I can hear the Aholes b4 they get anywhere near the scoob.

Just a thought !
Old 18 June 2004, 12:26 PM
mgg
Scooby Regular

as above, good idea.
Also, good idea to invest in a nice rounded solid shaft of wood, usually know as a baseball bat............you never know.
Old 18 June 2004, 12:34 PM
Clive the Brave
Scooby Regular

Cool

Originally Posted by FishDog
Hi,

Bloody scuz buckets , I do not know what type of house you have but I have bought 4 parimeter alarms that go off as soon as the beam is broken, , in my case about 10 meters behind the car so I can hear the Aholes b4 they get anywhere near the scoob.

Just a thought !
Sounds like fun,,, where did you get this from.
It would give me advanced warning to get the catapult out, wake the dog and get in to **** kicking mood.
Old 18 June 2004, 12:46 PM
Pigfrog
Scooby Regular

They weren't wearing burberry bb caps by any chance were they?....fecking chavs.
Old 18 June 2004, 12:54 PM
mattsan
Scooby Regular

Dont sell the car mate,i know its bad when these things happen but if you got wound up about it,you would never have anything nice,worrying if its going to get nicked or not!!!
Old 18 June 2004, 12:59 PM
julian N/W wrx my93
Scooby Regular

as posted above where do you det the alarm things from?
Old 18 June 2004, 01:14 PM
greg.g
Scooby Regular

Location: Faster than a quickshift.... get yourself a bionic arm ;)

Feel for you again m8

I know exactly how you feel
Old 18 June 2004, 01:41 PM
juan
Scooby Regular

these perimiter alarms sound good.

more info?
Old 18 June 2004, 01:49 PM
njkmr
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by juan

more info?
You can get outside halogen lamps from B+q that come with a sensor to switch light on when movement is detected,and also a chime that sounds in the house,to let you know someone is creeping about.
The chime just plugs into any socket where you need it,so you can move it as you require ,eg going to bed,plug it in the bedroom.

Had to do this at mine.Feckin sad world,but I will still have the car I CHOOSE.!!!!!
Old 18 June 2004, 02:33 PM
yoza
BANNED

Common first port of call for would be car thief.

Pull off gril,l disable alarm......wont go into detail but you get the idea.
Old 18 June 2004, 02:41 PM
messiah
Scooby Regular

Location: Surviving as a soldier of fortune on the Los Angeles underground...

i would have left them to it and phoned the peelers, hopefully they would have got there i time to catch the chavs red handed. It's instinct to shout and get them off your car as soon as possible but catching them would surely more than make up for it.

hope you get it sorted soon mate.
Old 18 June 2004, 02:43 PM
IN THE STICKS
Scooby Regular

Location: I'm still around in deepest Essex, now with a Fiesta ST-2

If you've got a wireless house alarm , get an additional sensor and fix it under the bonnet, if they mess around it'll wake up the whole street
Old 18 June 2004, 02:45 PM
FishDog
Scooby Newbie

Originally Posted by juan

more info?
Check out the Maplin electronics web site www.maplin.co.uk Then go to the search section and type in beam breaker, there are quite a few to choose from. They also do pressure sensor mats that trigger alarms when pressure is applied, probably best on a gravel drive way or somthing though. If you spend a bit of time looking at your driveway & house setup, and look at the possible entry methods that these aholes could use you will be able to create a pretty good parimeter that will notify you b4 they even get within 10 meters of your pride and joy.

Cheers
Old 18 June 2004, 03:49 PM
Peanuts
Scooby Regular

choked for you Keigo,
can you not look into renting a garage thats close by? maybe locking it away at night is the answer.
as for calling the rozzers, they may have had more important (to them!!) things to do than try to catch a TWOCer, i dont know, they never cam to help my friend when his car was being turned over.

you have pm (when you empty your box that is)

Andy
Old 18 June 2004, 03:53 PM
SamUK
Scooby Senior

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Exclamation

Hey Keigo...

Sorry to hear...thats no reason to sell your car....!

It happens every where...someone stole my streo from my car, i only left it in car car for 5mins..

Steps for Dealing with the bloddy theives...:

1 Catch them at it...
2 Beat the **** out of them
3 Lock them in your boot for 3 days
4 Beat them again
5 Luck them in your trunk and drive to France, in a calm manner
6 Find a Forest, beat em again, then dump them!

Anyways...
One thing to remember, if someone wants your car they will take it...but then you have amatures....who just run around and think they know what they are doing...

Im actually in the process of getting a tracker fitted to mine..

All the best...

Sam

Wohoo...i know how to do smily faces....... ;-)
Old 18 June 2004, 04:34 PM
WR1 Wannabe
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by SamUK
Wohoo...i know how to do smily faces....... ;-)
Not winks though?

Old 18 June 2004, 04:49 PM
RIGPIG
Scooby Regular

Keigo
sorry to hear what's happened, at least you stopped them doing more damage.

If anyone is intrested try the www.maplin.co.uk and type in VH87U in the search area,

£14.99 for a pair.

Criss
Old 18 June 2004, 04:58 PM
bartmanuk
Scooby Regular

Wink

you should of sneaked up on them and give them a good beating with a bat,they would think twice about doing it again...

BM
Old 18 June 2004, 05:00 PM
Nick L
Scooby Regular

"Leave em to it and wait for the police" - do me a favour! Its not going to take them 3 weeks before they nick it.

A few weeks back someone I know moved their motorbike into a back room / outhouse (someone tried to nick it from outside) and when the Aholes tried to crowbar the door it took over 2 weeks before the police arrived! Oh, and that was after visiting the police station twice and being treated like a piece of dirt. Can't understand why people think the police force are les than effective, can you? Not to mention that if they did actually turn up that the ******* would probably have got off anyway (although admitedly that isn't the police's fault I know)

Rant over.
Old 18 June 2004, 07:32 PM
neil@wrx
Scooby Regular

phone plod and say thay have a gun (thay will be alot faster )
Old 18 June 2004, 08:06 PM
Beer Good
Scooby Regular

Last post reminds me of a joke, although it maybe an urban myth...

Old lady phones police, says she can hear an intruder downstairs, can they come out. She's told there are no resources to deal with her problem at the present time. 5 minutes later she phones again and says she's just blown a burglar's head off with a shotgun. Less than 3 minutes later her house is surrounded by a SWAT team and a police helicopter is hovering overhead. The first officer into the house finds everything calm, the intruder having left. "I thought you shot the intruder", he says. "I thought you didn't have any resources" she replies.

Just a thought, perhaps if you catch the scumbags at your car again, you should dial 999 and embroider the truth a little..............
Old 18 June 2004, 09:05 PM
micared
Scooby Regular

My response to someone trying to nick my GPZ when I lived in Newcastle....buy a baby alarm, you know the type, place microphone end near the object of concern, speaker end near you, volume on full blast, so you can hear the b4st4rds trying to hoist your stuff......implements of brutal destruction near your bed in this case, rather than soothing child orientated paraphernalia, and sleep with the burning desire to take the life of the spotty, BB cap wearing employment dodger who will doubtless return, in the misguided frame of mind that a 2nd attempt is a good idea! Happy hunting!
Old 18 June 2004, 10:00 PM
stevebt
Scooby Regular

Received 33 Likes on 19 Posts

its a damned shame when all this bother is forcing you to sell your car for an easier life reminds me of years ago why i never ever bought a cossie
Old 18 June 2004, 10:16 PM
corradoboy
Scooby Regular

B & Q 150W

B & Q 500W

You can have 3 of these as there are 3 frequencies available, unless your neighbour also gets them

One note of caution. Although the threads about beating them and sticking them in your boot are harmless bravado, a friend of my brother did this with a burglar and served 4 months of a 12 month sentance for kidnap. Max 9 years I'd go with the beating as on a 1st offence you'll get off, but don't kidnap them, unless your prepared to make sure they won't be found

Last edited by corradoboy; 18 June 2004 at 10:19 PM.
Old 18 June 2004, 10:42 PM
stevebt
Scooby Regular

Received 33 Likes on 19 Posts

Originally Posted by corradoboy
B & Q 150W

B & Q 500W

You can have 3 of these as there are 3 frequencies available, unless your neighbour also gets them

One note of caution. Although the threads about beating them and sticking them in your boot are harmless bravado, a friend of my brother did this with a burglar and served 4 months of a 12 month sentance for kidnap. Max 9 years I'd go with the beating as on a 1st offence you'll get off, but don't kidnap them, unless your prepared to make sure they won't be found

one of my mates got 4 years he was out after 18 months though he was caught stamping on the lads head
Old 18 June 2004, 11:59 PM
micared
Scooby Regular

....been warned I was lucky not to get jail for attempting to help a misguided youth repent for his sins....bound over for 18 months, which is more than he got...at least from the police anyway!