ScoobyNet General General Subaru Discussion

P1 Newbie

Search this Thread

Old 24 June 2004, 11:35 AM
deanoM
Scooby Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Unhappy P1 Newbie

Any idea why my P1 does not have the prodrive sticker underneath the indicators?
Also I was not given the code for the Sigma alarm keypad in the glove box, when is this kepad used? I'm worried the battery may go flat at one point and without the code I may not be able to immob the car. Subaru said they coudl half an hour with it and their laptop and give me a new code, but there must be another way?
Otherwise I'm very happy with the car, and has had mixed reactions from my mates- ugly waste of money to, all subarus should have looked as that.
It seems the coppers like pulling me in it too
Cheers-D
Old 24 June 2004, 11:39 AM
shamrock
Scooby Regular

Deano,

www.p1woc.co.uk would be the best place to get advice.
Old 24 June 2004, 11:46 AM
scoobynutta555
Scooby Regular

Location: Markyate.Imprezas owned:-wrx-sti5typeR-p1-uk22b-modded my00. Amongst others!

Originally Posted by deanoM
Any idea why my P1 does not have the prodrive sticker underneath the indicators?
Also I was not given the code for the Sigma alarm keypad in the glove box, when is this kepad used? I'm worried the battery may go flat at one point and without the code I may not be able to immob the car. Subaru said they coudl half an hour with it and their laptop and give me a new code, but there must be another way?
Otherwise I'm very happy with the car, and has had mixed reactions from my mates- ugly waste of money to, all subarus should have looked as that.
It seems the coppers like pulling me in it too
Cheers-D
Its not a sticker, its a titanium badge i'm lead to believe. They are very expensive to replace. The reason they arent there is because some lout has nicked them to impress the other homemade haircut morons in detention class.

I recently had to replace my rear prodrive badge, that was circa £68 and took weeks to arrive. Its now attatched by velcro and taken off when parked up.

Go with the 30 min for a code. I never use the thing inn the glove box anyway. Better to know how it works though in case your batteries in the fob fail, or youre parked under a police mast etc.

Finally, ditch the mates who not like the car, they obviously lack taste
Old 24 June 2004, 11:47 AM
IN THE STICKS
Scooby Regular

Location: I'm still around in deepest Essex, now with a Fiesta ST-2

The keypad as you say allows you to override the alarm if the battery goes in your keyring 'blipper' , it also alows you to change some of the features of the alarm too . If you were not given the code you can't change the code to one of your own , therefore if a previous owner were to be a little on the bent side it wouldn't be hard for them to take your pride and joy .Get it to the dealer so they can give it a new pin code of your own

Dave
Old 24 June 2004, 01:13 PM
P1-day
Scooby Regular

Smile

mate,

the code will not be with the keypad in the glove box - that way anyone can over-ride it. check your manual / handbook. it will probably be there - front page.
Old 24 June 2004, 01:25 PM
Bain
Scooby Regular

YHPM
Old 24 June 2004, 01:46 PM
scoobynutta555
Scooby Regular

Location: Markyate.Imprezas owned:-wrx-sti5typeR-p1-uk22b-modded my00. Amongst others!

Think the code on mine is on silver stickers in the Subaru bumph that comes with the car.
Old 24 June 2004, 04:02 PM
corradoboy
Scooby Regular

The keypad lets you use other features like auto doorlocking when ignition on (v. usefull), allow/disallow keyfobs (recommend disallowing all fobs then reprogramming in the ones you own for the obvious reason), temporary disallow all fobs (for when going on holiday so even if your burgled and they have the key, they can't easily knick it). Worth getting the code and then immediately changing it to something personal and memorable.
Old 24 June 2004, 06:49 PM
simb 2
Scooby Regular

Location: South Wales - Stuck on this rollercoaster, get me off!!

Welcome mate and enjoy the car.

simb