ScoobyNet General General Subaru Discussion

wrx reliability?

Search this Thread

Old 25 June 2004, 02:52 AM
trabadoor22
Scooby Newbie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default wrx reliability?

I am considering getting a wrx, but I am just wondering how everyone's Subaru is holding up? Just looking for any problems I should watch out for. Thanks.
Old 25 June 2004, 08:42 AM
jmk
Scooby Regular

O3 WRX - dash has always had a few squeaks, needed a new rear diff (researched this on Scoobynet but needed 4 trips to 2 dealers to sort it - they seemed very slow to act and I had to insist that I went on a test drive with them to highlight the issue), and just noticed paint coming off the inner wheel arch area of my rear bumper (I'll bring it up with the dealer at the annual paint warranty inspection in a few weeks).

Overall, love the car but probably won't buy another new one due to high MPG (av 21mpg over 13k miles), very high servicing costs, few dealers (even fewer open on a Sat), horrendous depreciation and a 'cheap' interior. If I were in the market now for my first Subaru I'd go for a bug eye and pay approx £11-£12k for a mint one get a Tek3 and enjoy it more as there'd be nothing to worry about financially.
Old 25 June 2004, 09:10 AM
whiteyisback
Scooby Regular

Thumbs up Do it.....

I paid £16.5k for my brand new WRX as I imported it from Belgium. For the money I can forgive the car a few rattles and squeeks.

Had the car now for 14 months, covered 14k miles and driven it hard every single day (without fail!) and it's not let me down once...not even a bulb failure.

I'm not suprised though as I've always read and been told that Subaru's are relatively reliable - which was one deciding factor in me purchasing the car along with the pan european 3 year warranty.
Old 25 June 2004, 09:50 AM
WR1 Bro
Scooby Regular

I've got a Y plate bugeye. It had 10k on the clock 18 months ago. Now it has 31k. I've had two problems with the car. 1) the petrol release lever stopped working and 2) the drivers seat came a little loose. Both times Showells in the West Mids have had the car in and sorted it. I find the services relatively cheap but I guess that depends on what car you have change from. PPP was a fantastic improvement (taking the warranty into consideration - put this before I get pounced on).

Subaru reliabilty I have found excellent and the car itself is FUN.
Old 25 June 2004, 01:23 PM
JonnyStell@
Scooby Regular

Talking

I bought a MY01 WRX (bugeye) with PPP from dealer last june. In a year ive done 22000 miles, never had a problem with anything, its now on 55000 and still drives like new, its had the major service, new front discs/pads and 4 new proxes in that time. With the PPP it has been a very good buy and is still holding a reasonable value.

Jonny.