ScoobyNet General General Subaru Discussion

it went like this !

Search this Thread

Old 13 September 2004, 10:12 AM
crowt123
Scooby Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Talking it went like this !

i was looking in to swapping my my01wrx with few extra bits on it to either an sti or evo 8...trade in was better on sti obviously but got a real insight in to impreza devaluation when looking at evo8. saw an ad then for an RS Focus. went along to have a look, had a test and was immediately hooked. what a fun piece of kit ! so that's what will be sitting in my drive for the next 3 years. no horrendous service costs, no horrendous depreciation ( how glad am i that i didn't buy a uk model). so if you see somebody around west yorkshire in an RS Focus waving to you, it's probably me who forgot i'm not in a scoob anymore.
Old 13 September 2004, 10:13 AM
gurnE
Scooby Regular

Great choice!

Now go over to SCC and endow your new toy with 350bhp
Old 13 September 2004, 03:11 PM
WR1 Bro
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by gurnE
Great choice!

Now go over to SCC and endow your new toy with 350bhp
I've just purchased a Focus RS too.

SCC is?
Old 13 September 2004, 03:17 PM
Brian the Sn@il
Scooby Senior

Yoy sold yer WR1 Bro ?
Old 13 September 2004, 03:31 PM
WR1 Bro
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by Brian the Sn@il
Yoy sold yer WR1 Bro ?
No way mate. Tucked up nicely in my garage. Will not sell WR1 for many years I hope. I love her to death and that could be closer to the truth than I care to mention!!

I had a V8 Grand Cherokee for everyday use and now I've changed it for a RS Focus until I can afford a mint 996. Jeep was losing too much money and drinking too much petrol so like the thread owner the RS seems like a good choice.

I must admit the RS is quite fun to drive. It certainly isn't a Scooby but then it is a different machine and with that comes different challenges - like hiding from all the RS bods that I have abused in the past!! JOKE!! I respect anybodies choice of car!!
Old 13 September 2004, 06:08 PM
Mark_S
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by WR1 Bro
I've just purchased a Focus RS too.

SCC is?

Guessing but maybe this lot in St Albans?

http://www.sccperformance.com/
Old 13 September 2004, 06:20 PM
stann01
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by crowt123
i was looking in to swapping my my01wrx with few extra bits on it to either an sti or evo 8...trade in was better on sti obviously but got a real insight in to impreza devaluation when looking at evo8. saw an ad then for an RS Focus. went along to have a look, had a test and was immediately hooked. what a fun piece of kit ! so that's what will be sitting in my drive for the next 3 years. no horrendous service costs, no horrendous depreciation ( how glad am i that i didn't buy a uk model). so if you see somebody around west yorkshire in an RS Focus waving to you, it's probably me who forgot i'm not in a scoob anymore.
well shame that because now you will only be eating dust where you`ll be left behind in the accelleraton department