ScoobyNet General General Subaru Discussion

Is your Scoob the family car.

Search this Thread

Old 14 September 2004, 12:38 PM
D4V3
Scooby Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Is your Scoob the family car.

Just want to find out if other people user there scooby as the family car.

I live with my Girl friend, we have a little boy at the scooby always getting used. I get the Train to work through the week so she uses it then, she also does home care at weekends so has it some of the time then.

We go through about a tank and a half of petrol a week and it's starting to cost a bomb to run.

Does any body else use the scoob as a family car or do they have another run about?

And would it be cheeper to get a run about rather than use the scooby all the time.

Dave
Old 14 September 2004, 12:47 PM
mart360
Scooby Regular

yes mines a family car ish..

the wife uses her car mon fri to transport the little one..

at the w/end its mine all the shooping etc kids and its used for the dump run

trailer towing etc..

cant complain its a car thats what they do..

mart
Old 14 September 2004, 12:56 PM
MarvSTi5
Scooby Regular

Mine is used as a family car, backwards and forwards to work, do the shopping.

Love having a flick round Donington on the way back from Asda !!
Old 14 September 2004, 01:07 PM
Wurzel
Scooby Senior

Received 73 Likes on 54 Posts

Yep mine is a family car even though I don't have a family but we have 2 cars and mine gets used for all the donkey work and long runs. I also use it everyday to and from work.
Old 14 September 2004, 01:10 PM
tmo
Scooby Regular

Yep
Old 14 September 2004, 01:34 PM
WH03JAM
Scooby Regular

Talking

Mines the family workhorse also. My 2 1/2 yr old daughter is now saying Scoobie and points at other Scoobies and says Daddys car when she sees them. Wife keeps saying I have her well trained.

Just hope my 1 yr old son is a enthusiast too!!!

Trending Topics

Old 14 September 2004, 01:45 PM
GeeDee
Scooby Regular

Yessish!

It is used daily by me for work but weekends and holidays as family car since May 2000. We do have a Honda thingy for when I am not there.

This year it’s already been to Lake District and North Wales for self catering holidays (ie fully laden plus roof box including everything you can possibly think of – BBQ, RC plane, food, wine, computer, CD player, speakers, more food, more wine, etc. – you know, all the important stuff) with her ladyship plus two girls of 18 and 14 although, both being very tall, they are getting a touch cramped in the back.

Scotland is the best though…. Oh, the roads…. There aren’t any hedges and you can see around most corners and they are all but empty.

Fully laden, I can still see off most mobile chicanes so long as they do not all queue up. Grrrrrrr.

Petrol? Averaging about 20-25k miles a year, I use lots. Always have done and, subject to government, always will do! Never had a car which would get over 30mpg without trying really, really hard and being very, very good!

Graham
Old 14 September 2004, 01:47 PM
Buzzer
Scooby Regular

My missus has a brand new 1.2 Polo Twist, but when i get home from work she has a Subaru Impreza WRX

.............. all them trips to Asda, Next and Boots

Old 14 September 2004, 03:51 PM
D4V3
Scooby Regular

Cheers for all the replys,

My little boy keeps saying and point "Scooby Car" and loves it.

I do about 20K a year and the car is always being used, The reason i'm asking is that i seam to have to Fill up every 4 days and my bank doesn't like it.

Only taken it away once and that was to cornwall, the A39 just south of bude, Great road for a burn.
Old 14 September 2004, 04:30 PM
King RA
BANNED

Get a piece of crap for the week like me m8 and use your FUN car for the w/e. Can't believe I haven't done it sooner.
Old 14 September 2004, 04:46 PM
supertouring
Scooby Regular

We only have one car, the scooby, so it is our only form of family transport. However, I work at home and misses now works within walking distance, so it is is not used for commuting, only family stuff and shopping.

Did bring home a Ford Ka when it went in for a service once, and the sounds of woe coming from wife and 2 kids just show how much they love the car. Wife also loves giving the local Nova/Corsa a run for their money, which is worrying.

As for fuel consumption, before we had the scoob we had a Golf Tdi - 55mpg+
We were filling that up once a month, now it is once a week, but I am doing about 8k miles extra per year now with all the scoob runs and meets.
Old 14 September 2004, 04:52 PM
scoobyboy7
Scooby Regular

yep mine is also the family car and gets used for all the normal stuff like shoppin,school runs and RACIN
BTW - i have a 5 yr old boy,3 yr old boy and a 2 week old boy
Old 14 September 2004, 06:12 PM
Haxzer
Scooby Regular

Drive the 1 mile to work and back weekdays, at the weekend cram the wife & 3 kids in!!

Haxzer
Old 14 September 2004, 06:54 PM
Big-G
Scooby Regular

Smile Mine is never cold!!!

My wife has a Celica GT which has now permanently parked, I have a Mercedes 280GE 4x4 which is now permanently parked (and is up for sale) and a recently bought Scooby Wagon--hardly ever cold !! Used as a Dads Taxi, School Bus, Shopping Trolley, Mobile Disco (when giving any of my sons a lift), Racing car at the traffic light Grand-Prix etc. etc. etc.

Enjoy it....Big-G
Old 14 September 2004, 07:24 PM
bighead
Scooby Regular

Received 17 Likes on 14 Posts
Smile

Originally Posted by D4V3
Cheers for all the replys,

My little boy keeps saying and point "Scooby Car" and loves it.

I do about 20K a year and the car is always being used, The reason i'm asking is that i seam to have to Fill up every 4 days and my bank doesn't like it.

Only taken it away once and that was to cornwall, the A39 just south of bude, Great road for a burn.
do what I did ...buy a sport bike ....you will have the same thrills and it cheap on petrol.
only use the P1 for the taking my daugther to school now
Old 14 September 2004, 07:57 PM
codie247
Scooby Regular

i use the toyota hi lux for work, and the wife uses the scooby for every day use. takes the daughters to school (9 and 13), goes shopping and generally potters about in it. she loves the d/v and the rumble of the de-cat magnex. at weekends she lets me clean my scooby and put petrol in it.ta love.onder2:
Old 14 September 2004, 08:17 PM
c7blue
Scooby Regular

my wagon is the family car (-minus family) gets used for 50 mile round commute, holidays, family visiting (leicester - notts - gloucester - birmingham - derby) and also did over 1000 miles one weekend when i did the three peaks challenge (notts - wales - peaks - scotland and back!) it carrys bikes, boots, bbqs and camping crap the majority of the time due to me being lazy, does about 30k a yr at 27mpg and i LOVE it!!!!
Old 14 September 2004, 09:46 PM
patrolman
Scooby Regular

Cool family car

we have an sti 7 used every day to take the kids back and forth to school they love it
wife uses it to go to the mall and tesco's most days just to wave at every other scooby she sees
as to fuel costs dont ask around 70 quid i think but she dont show me the receipts
just remember you will loose all street cread when you turn up in your new ford fiesta deisel great fuel economy
Old 14 September 2004, 09:51 PM
wide
Scooby Regular

Yep its my family car, but the wife is gettin cheesed off with the noise, the daughter cant hear the cd and the boy thinks its the best thing to turn up to school in. Must say the noise is wearing me down a bit might have to revert back to oe equipment
Old 14 September 2004, 10:11 PM
Barmyclown
Scooby Regular

Mines sort of the family car it gets used for all the long runs with the girlfriend. And when I go kayaking away from home on goes the roof rack and boats. And it gets used for those runs as well. I'm putting in around a tank of petrol a week. Still makes short work of mobile chicanes with boats on roof.
Old 14 September 2004, 11:23 PM
Agent-X
Scooby Regular

Mine's the family workhorse too, my 2 daughters love it too bits and are scooby mad, my wife took them over to Skeggy for a few days in the school hols, they would report back each night on the scoobs that they had seen that day. One in particular, if anyone knows who it is get in touch, it was a DBM classic with full rally graphics and Lexus style rear lights, reg was something like G 11 LYS? The girls loved it as its the same as mine but with the graphics.

My eldest loves it if I take or pick up from school and really shows off in front of the boys in her class.

I use mine for my job as well as the family, do about 100 miles each day at an average of 26 mpg, yes running costs are high, but thats the price you pay for performance and fun, as well as it being a bloody safe car. Came round a fast corner earlier today on a cross country lane and was confronted by a horse and rider on my side and a tractor , thank god for 'group N' brakes, as I hit the pedal and stopped with plenty of room in a nice straight line, don't think I'd have been so lucky in a Mondeo or Vectra!!!!

What more do you need from a family car, 4 doors, 5 seats, good size boot and safe positive handling, oh and don't forget, dads with happy smiling faces every time they go for a drive!!
Give us a job Subaru.

Simon ;-)