Well Done Subaru Dealer

Search this Thread

Old 21 October 2004, 04:16 PM
jowl
Scooby Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Well Done Subaru Dealer

Monty's of Sheffield.

Had problem with starter motor and a squeaky drive belt. Took the car back as I've only had it 3 weeks (it's a 97 Turbo). They fixed everything up no hassle or anything. Quick and friendly service and they even washed it..

Ok, it's not a massive thing to go wrong but it's nice to get something sorted from a car dealer without any hassle.
Old 21 October 2004, 05:44 PM
ukdave
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by jowl
Monty's of Sheffield.

Had problem with starter motor and a squeaky drive belt. Took the car back as I've only had it 3 weeks (it's a 97 Turbo). They fixed everything up no hassle or anything. Quick and friendly service and they even washed it..

Ok, it's not a massive thing to go wrong but it's nice to get something sorted from a car dealer without any hassle.
Its just nice to see there are a few hassle free dealers out there,i know in an ideal world it should have got done with no hassles but it aint always like that is it!!!!!.I went with a mate of mine to buy a 99 classic from a dealer in lincoln as he wanted the full 12mth warranty(i`d told him what scoobs were like previously lol)anyway found a silver one with 55k on it fsh mint 2 owners from same family,supplied new by this dealership(it dont get no better).2wks later crank went so me mate lives at mansfield rang subaru warrantys up yer no probs take it to your local dealer at mansfield,they took engine out (no probs at all with lucas of mansfield)then the problems start subaru warrantys rang lucas and said they werent paying for the work to be done dont go any further with the rebuild as the dealer at lincoln had put it out to another garage to be serviced before sale as they were busy! not recognised as subaru approved!!! so void his 12mth warranty so his car stayed in bits for a couple of wk whilst he sorted numerous solicitors letters to the dealer at lincoln untill they agreed to repair it themselves free of charge so then his car and engine still out at this time had to be transported bk to lincoln to be done.meanwhile he ended up paying for a hire car and lucas`s bill for taking engine out,i know he should have bin reimbursed but he was sick of the hassle and just wanted his car back.
Old 21 October 2004, 06:41 PM
ethanrob
Scooby Regular

agree matey

Paul(service manager) and the guys at montys are top notch,bought my sti8 from them and customer service has always been first class

regards mark
Old 21 October 2004, 06:49 PM
jowl
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by ethanrob
agree matey

Paul(service manager) and the guys at montys are top notch,bought my sti8 from them and customer service has always been first class

regards mark
Yep, spoke with Paul who was very helpful. Had a chat with a guy about the MY05 as well....it's like talking to your mates!

I'll take my car there for the next service now (only a minor one). So good customer service = people return to spend more. Simple really!
Old 21 October 2004, 07:29 PM
alcazar
Scooby Regular

Received 27 Likes on 25 Posts
Angry

I know the dealers at Lincoln.

The only bit worth going to is Parts.:

Alcazar
Old 21 October 2004, 07:34 PM
Scratch
Scooby Senior

Yep, real lucky in Sheffield as Triangle in Chesterfield are also a good bunch (so I hear from friends in the area) and give SIDC discount as well (according to the SIDC site)

Have 2 good dealers down here Quenby and Welchs but niether give SIDC discount
Old 21 October 2004, 07:51 PM
scoobyboy1
Scooby Regular

Nice to hear about good friendly dealers, cause Oaken Subaru in Wolverhampton are a load of crap, and the parts departments blokes are a complete waste of time, and theres this one bloke who everytime i go in there always gets right up my nose, with his sarcy comments.

Sorry Rant Over!!
Old 21 October 2004, 07:55 PM
ethanrob
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by jowl
Yep, spoke with Paul who was very helpful. Had a chat with a guy about the MY05 as well....it's like talking to your mates!
Yeah the sales team are superb as well,not pushy and will stand and yak away for hours on end,so all sn peeps,buy your next motor from montys in sheffield,and tell them i sent ya,never know create about twenty sales they may even give me a free service

mark
Old 21 October 2004, 08:03 PM
jowl
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by ethanrob
Yeah the sales team are superb as well,not pushy and will stand and yak away for hours on end,so all sn peeps,buy your next motor from montys in sheffield,and tell them i sent ya,never know create about twenty sales they may even give me a free service

mark
free service? I'd push for the STi thats sat in the show room

*drool*
Old 21 October 2004, 08:25 PM
DEEDEE
Scooby Regular

I had my 99 in Lucas's (mansfield) a few times whilst under warranty for bits & bobs no complaints, car came from Huddersfield Subaru who seemed to just want to pass it on.