STi Type Uk - Tuning ?

Search this Thread

Old 09 December 2004, 10:36 AM
m0pdq
Scooby Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default STi Type Uk - Tuning ?

Hi all
when i get my finances sorted out next year i plan to get myself a new Sti type uk !
i've been promising myself one for ages, but i can't wait any longer !

my question is, if you had an unlimited budget (don't we all wish ) what would you do to it ?

please say why for the parts, etc. as i am a scooby novice and a tuning noob !

just one rule, no bodykits unless essential to accommodate the upgrade.

thanks all

Chris
Old 09 December 2004, 11:12 AM
Engineer@Uni
Scooby Regular

Well, if you're getting a new one, then I'd suggest get used to it first, and when you feel like it needs a little more punch, go for the PPP during 2nd service (or even the first one if you want it that bad!) Anything else you do will butcher the 3-year warrantee and thats a real shame. Personaly I find it a lot more logical to start out with a base vehicle, and when you're used to it decide what exact aspect of it you want to change. If the understeer is getting to your nerves, droplinks and a wheel alignment might be called for. If the power is not what you expected, front-mounted intercooler and a massive turbo complete with sorted exhaust might be what you want. Frankly though I feel it's a bit pointless to dish out 26k and start chucking parts out the window for go-faster bits.
Unless you race the car in Group-N rallying or the like, but thats a different story all together...

-Antonis
Old 09 December 2004, 11:26 AM
corradoboy
Scooby Regular

Unlimited budget, ditch the Scoob and get a DB9, Carrera GT, F430 & a Cayenne V8 Turbo for following the WRC

But if it must be a Scoob, then don't bother modding, go straight for the Type 25 for £35k. Either that, or start with a JDM STi, and leave it in the hands of Graham Goode or Roger Clark to realise 400BHP, base car £23k plus upto £15k mods

Of course, you do realise that if you buy a Scoob then your finances will NEVER be sorted