ScoobyNet General General Subaru Discussion

central locking.... help!

Search this Thread

Old 09 December 2004, 01:26 PM
OllyWRX
Scooby Newbie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default central locking.... help!

hi, i have just got my 94 wrx. it had central locking when i got it and it and it was working fine.

so i decided to give it remote central locking. i took the door card off and found that there were 2 wires coming from the lock, one black one white. i traced them both to a plug that has many other wires in it situated in the car just after the wires enter the car from the door. so then to test the remote central locking i found a positive feed to attach a wire to and an earth, after i had wired up the remote central locking i tested it but it didnt work. after about 2 hours of trying i gave up and ripped it all out. now the central locking doesnt work. the interior lights didnt work either but i found a fuse under the bonnet that was blown. after changing the fuse the lights worked but still not the central locking. i have tried and tried but still just cant work it out. has anyone had this kind of problem? i thought that there would be a sort of 'main box' where all the wires for the central locking go but just cant find anything.

if someone can give me any idea i would be so gratefull. i am so stuck and just dont know what to do.

thanks in advance for your time and help!

Oscar

Last edited by OllyWRX; 09 December 2004 at 01:34 PM.
Old 09 December 2004, 04:03 PM
Beastie
Scooby Regular

Received 17 Likes on 10 Posts
Talking

http://bbs.scoobynet.co.uk/showthread.php?t=386039