ScoobyNet General General Subaru Discussion

The bast@rds have finally won!!

Search this Thread

Old 13 December 2004, 10:57 AM
spufus
Scooby Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Angry The bast@rds have finally won!!

I awoke this AM to find the dustbin on the front doorstep & the back door lock hanging off, looks like the ***** were disturbed because they hadn't bust the lock.
The copper who came round said this was typical of an attempt to get the car keys.
After four years of scoob ownership and four attempted breakins the bast@rds have finally won.
For sale soon DBM MY99 with lots of goodies.

Dean
Old 13 December 2004, 10:59 AM
Andy Porter
Scooby Regular

Sorry its come to that
Old 13 December 2004, 11:43 AM
SirFozzalot
Scooby Regular

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Old 13 December 2004, 11:45 AM
GrantyBoy
Scooby Regular

sorry to hear that
Old 13 December 2004, 11:52 AM
New_scooby_04

I'm really sorry to hear about the attempted break in! I'm sure you've been told this by others, but I really don't think that selling your car is the way to go. I mean what are you going to replace it with, some old heap so as to avoid it attracting the wrong kind of attention? Where's the fun in that?

I don't wish to get preachy here, because I appreciate that knowing that people are actively trying to break into your house is distressing, not to mention the financial inconvenience of the cost of replacing locks etc... However, there must be some additional security you could install to disuade the Scumbags! Would you consider a dog?

Excuse my french but it really f*cks me off when decent law abiding citizens -who work hard to get themselves something nice- have their lives blighted by theiving little s*its that can't be arsed to get out there and do an honest days work themselves, or simply steal from others out of bitterness or financial gain.

Basically, I look at it like this: you can either go through life depriving yourself of anything nice for fear that it will be taken from you or you can enjoy the spoils of your hard work and just stick two fingers up at the *****!

Forgive me for being presumptuous, but as a fellow MY99 owner, I think you'll miss the car more than the inconvenience of worrying about the scum!

Best,

P.S. Rant over!

Last edited by New_scooby_04; 13 December 2004 at 11:55 AM.
Old 13 December 2004, 12:15 PM
spufus
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by New_scooby_04
I'm really sorry to hear about the attempted break in! I'm sure you've been told this by others, but I really don't think that selling your car is the way to go. I mean what are you going to replace it with, some old heap so as to avoid it attracting the wrong kind of attention? Where's the fun in that?

I don't wish to get preachy here, because I appreciate that knowing that people are actively trying to break into your house is distressing, not to mention the financial inconvenience of the cost of replacing locks etc... However, there must be some additional security you could install to disuade the Scumbags! Would you consider a dog?

Excuse my french but it really f*cks me off when decent law abiding citizens -who work hard to get themselves something nice- have their lives blighted by theiving little s*its that can't be arsed to get out there and do an honest days work themselves, or simply steal from others out of bitterness or financial gain.

Basically, I look at it like this: you can either go through life depriving yourself of anything nice for fear that it will be taken from you or you can enjoy the spoils of your hard work and just stick two fingers up at the *****!

Forgive me for being presumptuous, but as a fellow MY99 owner, I think you'll miss the car more than the inconvenience of worrying about the scum!

Best,

P.S. Rant over!
You're absolutely right matey.
I had an STi V last year & the ***** tried twice to get in so I sold the car & bought a Passat. Within two months I had another scoob.
This time though I feel the price to pay is too high. I've stopped them four times now but they keep coming back so it's time to move on...boo hoo!!
Only problem is what to get to replace it?
Old 13 December 2004, 12:33 PM
Nevetas
Scooby Regular

Trending Topics

Old 13 December 2004, 12:41 PM
New_scooby_04

Could you not send the Scooby to live with a mate (with a garage) for a while, the scum might think you've sold it and move on.

If you're really serious about replacing the Scooby with another fast, but less desirable car to the Scumbags, you'd need something very discreet.

How about a Audi S3 (de-badged of course).
Skoda Octavia VRS (don't laugh, its a great Q car) :-)
Seat Leon Cupra R (quick, but the Seat badge is likely to be much less desirable to theives)

Best,
Old 13 December 2004, 12:43 PM
Big-G
Scooby Regular

Sorry to hear this, they are really low-life.

I got myself a Great Dane, if anyone steps foot on my property, he gives off a deep growl followed by the meanest bark that you could imagine. He is a brill dog and great with the kids, lets face it, if you broke into a house and found a Great Dane weighing you up, you would not hang around would you?

Big-G
with real-life-Scooby-Do

Old 13 December 2004, 12:52 PM
kbsub
Scooby Regular

We got broke into two days before christmas two years ago , nicked the keys for the Golf outside and the wifes handbag (no money in ) car got found six months later burned out on a notorious estate in Leeds , since then we have got a decent alarm system , a dog (only a small one but she will bark if any strangers knocking about ) and a 04 STI !!

DONT LET THE SCUM DICTATE TO YOU ON WHAT YOU DRIVE
Old 13 December 2004, 01:18 PM
555wrx
Scooby Regular

That sucks!
Ive had my impreza a week now, and on Saturday night, a whole 6 days after purchase, some scum sucking ****ebag threw a fecking great rock at the windscreen.
Phoned the old bill and they just issued me with a crime log number so that I could claim on my ins, and that was that, no offer to come out and find the culprit or even the decency to ask if my partner or 3 month old baby that where in the car at the time where ok. Usless the bloody lot of them.

Last edited by 555wrx; 13 December 2004 at 01:19 PM. Reason: mistake
Old 13 December 2004, 01:28 PM
quicksprint
Scooby Regular

another thing that is so 'great' about this country....don't let them win,keep the car and move house.
Old 13 December 2004, 01:29 PM
Jap2Scrap
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by spufus
I awoke this AM to find the dustbin on the front doorstep & the back door lock hanging off, looks like the ***** were disturbed because they hadn't bust the lock.
The copper who came round said this was typical of an attempt to get the car keys.
After four years of scoob ownership and four attempted breakins the bast@rds have finally won.

Dean
Frankly I'm amazed you managed to get a copper to come round!

Sorry to hear about it. Hope you get something you enjoy as much without the fear factor.
Old 13 December 2004, 01:42 PM
coolangatta
Scooby Regular

Received 12 Likes on 6 Posts

It really is annoying and depressing to hear this **** going on.

I know it's of no comfort to you guys and don't get me wrong I love my homeland but........

Am I pleased I don't have to worry about these scum bags.
Who the hell are they anyway??
Not everyone here is well off or even employed but they don't sneak around like rats in the night pilfering other peoples hard gained.
In winter it's not uncommon for people to leave their cars running outside the supermarket etc. No worries.

It's all about respect for others. The Japanese have it. A minority of Brits are letting us all down. It's embarrassing.
Old 13 December 2004, 02:09 PM
scoobfan
Scooby Regular

Sorry to hear about this bud.

Where in the country are you?
Old 13 December 2004, 05:42 PM
spufus
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by New_scooby_04
Could you not send the Scooby to live with a mate (with a garage) for a while, the scum might think you've sold it and move on.

If you're really serious about replacing the Scooby with another fast, but less desirable car to the Scumbags, you'd need something very discreet.

How about a Audi S3 (de-badged of course).
Skoda Octavia VRS (don't laugh, its a great Q car) :-)
Seat Leon Cupra R (quick, but the Seat badge is likely to be much less desirable to theives)

Best,
Trouble is, where I live is next to a main road & the car lives on the drive for the thieving sh*tcakes to see.
The Skoda looks like a posibility or poss a diesel - if I've got to change cars I may aswell get some money back on my mileage claims!
Old 13 December 2004, 05:49 PM
Tidgy
Scooby Regular

Received 150 Likes on 115 Posts

Don't let em make you sell mate,

get some motion activated security lights, get a new house alarm with all the bells and whistles, and if need be put some cctv cams in. maybe even put a wall safe in to store them over night.
not exactly cheap options but you cant let em rule your life!!!

Also i think the police have specific officers that can come round and advise you on house security, give em a bell and have a word.
Old 13 December 2004, 05:54 PM
spufus
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by Tidgy
Don't let em make you sell mate,

get some motion activated security lights, get a new house alarm with all the bells and whistles, and if need be put some cctv cams in. maybe even put a wall safe in to store them over night.
not exactly cheap options but you cant let em rule your life!!!

Also i think the police have specific officers that can come round and advise you on house security, give em a bell and have a word.
Thing is we have had 4 ATTEMPTED breakins. The tw@ts have not got in due to the security on the house. The next step could be waiting for me, or worse, the wife to come home and then a knock on the head from some tw@t hiding in the bushes. I stood it for 3 attempts but the wife is shi**ing herself in her own home now!
Old 13 December 2004, 05:56 PM
Tidgy
Scooby Regular

Received 150 Likes on 115 Posts

Cams should stop that, also if you are that worried get you misses a personal attack alarm. If they keep failing they will give up, how often does it happen?
Old 13 December 2004, 07:22 PM
KJD Mk1
Scooby Regular

I agree that you should not give in to the scum of the earth but it is a worry when your nearest and dearest feel at threat, the big dog idea is a good one but as they say ,there not just for christmas.

Good luck.
Old 13 December 2004, 07:23 PM
scoobyboy1
Scooby Regular

The same reason I sold My DBM MY00, attracted to much attention from complete w4nkers, and you have got to be worried about your car 24/7, you supposed to enjoy it not worry about it, Its a shame really, and sorry to hear that you have to sell, I know how you feel, but least youll get a good nights sleep not worrying.
Old 13 December 2004, 07:39 PM
jasonius
Scooby Regular

It a complete **** this country's legal system!!!

I'm really sorry about this mate and normally I would be upfront in saying 'don't let them win' but when your wife and family are involved you have to think differently!

That's the thing these days, on the one hand you have the arseholes who have jack ****e (largely because they don't think they should have to work but instead be given money from the state) and therefore have nothing to loose. If they get cought and get done they get a fine paying about 50p a week and end up back on the street. The old bill get a shed load of paper work and for what? Consiquently the next time the police see the same person doing the same crime they can't be bothered!

Then on the other hand you have the law abiding, respectable majority who own property, work and have families to look after and pay their way and guess what both the scumbags and the old bill have got you by the boll'cks. Step out of line to look after yourself and wham! you have the book thrown at you!!

Whay a pile of cr@p!!!!!
Old 13 December 2004, 08:47 PM
noxid
Scooby Regular

A mate who lives down the road had his door kicked in at 3.00am and his M5 taken. I now leave my keys under the dogs bed (a 9 1/2 stone Neopolitan Mastiff puppy!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!). If they can drive without their hands they can have the scooby!
Old 13 December 2004, 09:04 PM
spufus
Scooby Regular

The thing I don't understand is why they keep coming back when the house is so well secured & alarmed etc and they haven't managed to get in after 4 attempts.
Old 13 December 2004, 10:05 PM
bullet benjy
Scooby Regular

dont get rid mate, you will regret it. Get a garage built or move house (best solution). You cant sell ya pride and joy because of some little scum bags.
Old 13 December 2004, 10:18 PM
wheelie_sti
Scooby Regular

Default Hmmm

No disguise, it doesn't warrant it ...

Scumbags should be shot in the ******* face, end of story. They have nothing to contribute to the gene pool.

wheelie_sti
Old 13 December 2004, 10:43 PM
spufus
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by bullet benjy
dont get rid mate, you will regret it. Get a garage built or move house (best solution). You cant sell ya pride and joy because of some little scum bags.
I got rid once before and regretted it big style, trouble is now the wife is worried
4 times in a year!!!
I've got 1/4 of an acre of land at the back of the house but no way to get the car in there, so it stays in the drive.
Believe me, if I thought there was another way the car would stay...

BTW Do you want a TEK3'd MY99 with full SS decat & lots of other goodies??
Old 13 December 2004, 10:51 PM
pslewis
Scooby Regular

A dog is the answer ...... a German Shepherd will give you massive protection, they are loyal and above all intelligent, oh yes and are good looking like me!

Don't sell the Scoob, scare the **** out of them with some snarling gnashers!!

Pete
Old 13 December 2004, 10:52 PM
RichiW
Scooby Regular

Didnt your house alarm go off ???
Old 13 December 2004, 10:58 PM
spufus
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by RichiW
Didnt your house alarm go off ???
They didn't get in.
We upgraded all the locks & added extra bits following the first attempt.
The clubfooted bast@rds keep coming back!
Another £59 for a reinforced lock...ho hum

Quick Reply: The bast@rds have finally won!!