ScoobyNet General General Subaru Discussion

Like.."Bit wet last night!" huge slide...overtaking :-0

Search this Thread

Old 13 December 2004, 02:38 PM
Dazza's-STi
Scooby Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Exclamation Like.."Bit wet last night!" huge slide...overtaking :-0

Along the same lines of "Bit wet last night! thread" I had a huge sidays moment yesterday aft... it was a greasy, very very greasy... second gear following a Corsa and i went for the overtake... then huge step out sidways that actualy lined me up luvly for the overtake... none of the backed of bit ;-) kept on full juice as it came straight into third and wayhey more sliding this time a quarter turn of lock in the oposite direction and back in for a safe pass... almost like on the Adv driving test but with a bit more flare ... Huge grins...

Not sure if i'd have passed it with that move but it certainly would have spiced things up abit...

On a more serious note... jees it was seriously greasy yesterday with that drissle... and after a few years on bikes I'd pride myself on being able to spot it...not this time... i thought i had tons of grip as the surface looked almost dry... just goes to show...4wd can't get around the laws of physics...

Its just another warning to us all,,, in a performce car your likly to be going a bit quicker than normal, and if its a corner thats as greasy as that then you can be nother other than a passenger.... happened to me on some ice and its a fekin scary feeling, I i'm more than capable of going sideways... everywhere! but there's nothing you can do if you its that slippy...

Saying that in an M3 or the like I'd have still been behind the Corsa...

Dazza
Old 13 December 2004, 02:44 PM
john banks
Scooby Regular

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

In a fast car in poor conditions (this time of year no matter what the surface looks like), I try getting the front wheels straight before flooring it to pass. Otherwise you get the car sliding or go into the car in front far too easily.
Old 13 December 2004, 02:49 PM
T5NYW
Scooby Regular

Location: MY99UK-MY02STi-MY99Type R-MY06 T20-MY11 340R-MY05 TYPE25
Received 22 Likes on 19 Posts
Thumbs up

Yep had a simular thing happen to me coming back from Kiddy Sunday in 4th and pulling very hard overtaking up a hill the car started to drift, very greasy.

Just enough water to make the roads damp but not enought to clean them

Tony
Old 13 December 2004, 02:54 PM
ianc
Scooby Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by Dazza's-STi
just goes to show...4wd can't get around the laws of physics...
Nope but ESP can really **** about with em!!

(if I'm driving "keenly" then it goes off, and no-one should drive like a lunatic expecting ESP to save them, but for the "oh it's greasy there!" be it mud \ oil \ leaves not seen then it's dead handy!)

Ian
(awaiting abuse from "real men don't need driving aids" club)