Notices
ScoobyNet General General Subaru Discussion

Dozy Bint Awards. (or Dozy Plonker Awards... PC)

Search this Thread

Old 13 December 2004, 09:43 PM
Bubba po
Scooby Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Talking Dozy Bint Awards. (or Dozy Plonker Awards... PC)

Only just remembered this....

In the X-Scape car park at Castleford, I found myself a Subaru parking space (2 spaces either side) and the family all got out. A few seconds later, a woman came and parked right alongside me in her 04 Saab, a bit close, to tell you the truth. There were hundreds of parking spaces. I stood there, watching with concerned interest as she opened her driver's door and sure enough she opened it against my passenger door. There was no damage but I gave her the exasperated "raised eyebrows". She replied with a simpering "sorry" then said " It's ok....... I've got door protectors on....

Is there any wonder why mild-mannered human beings suddenly go mad in this modern world?
Old 13 December 2004, 09:49 PM
Spoon
Scooby Regular

Whateva
Old 13 December 2004, 09:53 PM
Bubba po
Scooby Regular

LOL, Spoon... Fancy a coffee? Black?
Old 13 December 2004, 09:54 PM
Spoon
Scooby Regular

Thumbs up

Originally Posted by Bubba po
LOL, Spoon... Fancy a coffee? Black?
You know, I might just join you.
Old 14 December 2004, 09:42 AM
T4molie
Scooby Regular

It amazes me out of all the other spare car parking spaces available another person feels the need to HAVE to park their car next to yours What is it going to get lonely sitting by itself?

When I first got my Scoob I used to park it at the far end of the local Sainsbury's in the same way (a couple of spaces either side) but would would still always come back and find that someone had parked next to it - now I'm one of those annoying b$st$rds who parks it smack bang in the middle of 2 spaces
Old 14 December 2004, 09:50 AM
gpssti4
Scooby Regular

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Taking up 2 spaces is fine if the car park is quiet, but, if it's nearly full then someone is going to take offence and probably key your car - I know!!!

Originally Posted by T4molie
It amazes me out of all the other spare car parking spaces available another person feels the need to HAVE to park their car next to yours What is it going to get lonely sitting by itself?

When I first got my Scoob I used to park it at the far end of the local Sainsbury's in the same way (a couple of spaces either side) but would would still always come back and find that someone had parked next to it - now I'm one of those annoying b$st$rds who parks it smack bang in the middle of 2 spaces
Old 14 December 2004, 12:12 PM
T4molie
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by gpssti4
Taking up 2 spaces is fine if the car park is quiet, but, if it's nearly full then someone is going to take offence and probably key your car - I know!!!
Totally agree If it is full then I look for a space that's inbetween 2 expensive cars - an@l I know
Old 14 December 2004, 05:36 PM
M444GY
Former Sponsor

Location: MSOCs tyre and ROTA wheel dealer .Ruisliptyres@gmail.com

parked mine in a car park on a sunday , so it was not to busy and ther was about 5 or 6 spaces either side of me . i got out locked the car up and me and my other half walked towards the lifts. as we got to the doors a ****ty old rover 200 parked up next to the scoob. i was like out of all the 60 or so empty spaces in the fookin place u had to park next to mine. any ways my missus said oh dont worry about it its a car park people park wherever they want! still not happy i waited behind the glass doors of the lift entrance just to be sure and what do u know WHACK!!! the little kid in the back kicks the reardoor open with his foot and imbeds the choclate covered winnie the pooh stickered rusty rover 200 door in my rear quarter panel. me= LIVID . then to make it worse the dozy cow goes round to get the little **** out and leans against the door which leaves a 2cm scratch on my arch. AHHHHH what are these people like!
after a quick argument with the missus (shes begging me not to go over and kick off) i calmly walk over and confront the woman who insults my eyesight by BLATANTLY denighing it , i showed her the damage and it was like" i didnt do that " anyway after a long war off words she gave in and gave me her number and adress and that id have to talk to her husband blah blah blah. guesss what.............................................. .................................................. ......................... the number is wrong and the adress she gave me is inhabited by asians, the woman was scottish!!!

pissed off still , still have the dent and still ranting about stupid f*ckers who shoulnd be allowed to ride a scate board let alone drive a car!
Old 14 December 2004, 07:18 PM
T4molie
Scooby Regular

And M444GY's post is EXACTLY why I'm **** about parking spaces

Don't see why I should go out and spend 20 odd grand of my hard earned for some no brain and off spring (of which this country seems to have an ever increasing amount) to knacker it up!!!

Sorry to hear of that btw M444GY

Cheers

Andy

Last edited by T4molie; 14 December 2004 at 07:23 PM.
Old 15 December 2004, 11:25 AM
gpssti4
Scooby Regular

If you have the cars reg. number, then you can, through the DVLA, trace the owners. Ring the DVLA and they'll advise. However you do need a reason - it's not like 'well I really fancied the driver of this car - reg no, and I'd like to know where they live', but your case seems quite strong - I'd give it a go.

Originally Posted by M444GY
parked mine in a car park on a sunday , so it was not to busy and ther was about 5 or 6 spaces either side of me . i got out locked the car up and me and my other half walked towards the lifts. as we got to the doors a ****ty old rover 200 parked up next to the scoob. i was like out of all the 60 or so empty spaces in the fookin place u had to park next to mine. any ways my missus said oh dont worry about it its a car park people park wherever they want! still not happy i waited behind the glass doors of the lift entrance just to be sure and what do u know WHACK!!! the little kid in the back kicks the reardoor open with his foot and imbeds the choclate covered winnie the pooh stickered rusty rover 200 door in my rear quarter panel. me= LIVID . then to make it worse the dozy cow goes round to get the little **** out and leans against the door which leaves a 2cm scratch on my arch. AHHHHH what are these people like!
after a quick argument with the missus (shes begging me not to go over and kick off) i calmly walk over and confront the woman who insults my eyesight by BLATANTLY denighing it , i showed her the damage and it was like" i didnt do that " anyway after a long war off words she gave in and gave me her number and adress and that id have to talk to her husband blah blah blah. guesss what.............................................. .................................................. ......................... the number is wrong and the adress she gave me is inhabited by asians, the woman was scottish!!!

pissed off still , still have the dent and still ranting about stupid f*ckers who shoulnd be allowed to ride a scate board let alone drive a car!
Old 15 December 2004, 12:12 PM
Vegescoob
Scooby Regular

And why are Chealsea Tractors so attached to parking next to Scoobs? Well mine anyway.
Old 15 December 2004, 12:37 PM
Daz34
Scooby Regular

When you go ******* it drives you mad all these sweaty hand prints on your windows & people sprawled across your bonnet............I think I have said too much
Old 15 December 2004, 02:07 PM
Peanuts
Scooby Regular

parking accross two spaces is pathetic, anti social and you deserve to incur the wrath of all others.
ask yourself this, is your car up there with the most expensive others in the park?
unless its a mint low mile late model then I doubt it very much.

boo!
Old 15 December 2004, 03:09 PM
JoeyDeacon
Scooby Regular

It's strange but the more you worry about a car and the more careful you are parking it the more dents it seems to attract. I guess some of this is down to the tin foil bodywork but I hardly ever went to the suppermarket and my Impreza had loads of little dings down the side. Even if I was to park at the end of the carpark, in the end space in a row of 20 spaces I would always come back and find some POS parked right next to me.

Don't care about my current car in the slightest, park it wherever I want in the tightest of spaces and not a single mark or dent has appeared.

Have to say parking across two spaces is a really antisocial thing to do and depending on my mood if I ever see that I think I might park as close to the offending car as possible.
Old 15 December 2004, 03:14 PM
T4molie
Scooby Regular

I don't really see why it's so anti social? If the car park is half empty and you park it out of the way of anybody else why is that so bad?

As I said earlier if a car park is full or near enough then I don't do it, cos yes then I am being an ar$e

But hey everybody is entitled to their own opinions
Old 15 December 2004, 04:13 PM
Jamesemt
Scooby Regular

Location: Ibiza TDI - Causing a smokescreen on a back road near you

The solution's quite simple:

Don't take the Scoob to supermarket car parks...
Old 15 December 2004, 04:17 PM
NotoriousREV
Scooby Regular

Weird, I park mine wherever I want with little thought and I have no dents in mine anywhere
Old 15 December 2004, 06:09 PM
wanted
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by T4molie
I don't really see why it's so anti social? If the car park is half empty and you park it out of the way of anybody else why is that so bad?

As I said earlier if a car park is full or near enough then I don't do it, cos yes then I am being an ar$e

But hey everybody is entitled to their own opinions
I agree, I get sick of the amount of dings and scratches that appear, just because some ar$e hasn't got enough common sense to be carefull with the door when they get out. I have even seen people (usually women) who just laugh and say oops. If parking accross two spaces is anti social then surely so is damaging someone elses property and thinking it's funny.
Old 15 December 2004, 06:24 PM
vindaloo
Scooby Regular

They say "Oops" and laugh, hoping that there is no damage or that you'll excuse a moment's thoughtlessness.

I tend to go on lightning raids for food to the supermarket. Try to park between two cars a reasonable distance from the doors and with luck the same two cars will still be there when you pop out 5-25 minutes later.

Having to develop my technique at the moment because the AXGT is sick. Funny, I thought replacing the heater matrix was a DIY job. I got dispirited when it started "refer to chapter.... to remove the steering column" and "carefully rotate the fascia assembly upwards allowing clearance to remove the heater assembly".

J.
Old 15 December 2004, 08:58 PM
JohnD
Scooby Regular

We live in a world inhabited by the "I don't give a sh**" brigade whose attitude is often "I dont give a toss about my car so what's the problem?" We also buy cars which display the dent resistance of Bacofoil!
The British are a nation of queuers and line formers. Taking up two spaces is risky, it can incite people to take revenge if no other space is available, or squeeze into it anyway.
It's not just the traditional door dingers who display this attitude. My wife came home with three dents - one above the other - in a rear door of her Primera. "You've been to the stables to muck the horse out" said I. "How can you tell?" she said, to which I replied "Next time you go, compare the dents to a three pronged pitchfork and if you find out who did it, stick the same pitchfork in the **** of their horse and see what they say" (the owner, not the horse!)
JohnD