ScoobyNet General General Subaru Discussion

Driver is forced to hand car keys to burglars

Search this Thread

Old 14 December 2004, 10:18 AM
dietbruboy
Scooby Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Driver is forced to hand car keys to burglars

Saw this – and I know we’ve had a ton of stories like this but it’s still a bit scary really.
Old 14 December 2004, 10:48 AM
Paulo P
Scooby Regular

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

That's all too common these days They have now made security that good that it's easier to get the keys than bypass the security There really is no answer
Old 14 December 2004, 11:39 AM
wide
Scooby Regular

If they are going to those lengths let em have it , its only a car at the end of the day
Old 14 December 2004, 11:42 AM
alcazar
Scooby Regular

Received 27 Likes on 25 Posts
Angry

There really is no answer
Yes..............there is

Lying Labour need to make it the same sort of crime that walking into a jewellers/bank/building society, tooled up, and asking for £25,000 with menaces already is

If they would take car crime SERIOUSLY, they could cut it by a LOT, but they aren't interested, because they think the motorist is just a nuisance cash cow b@stard who pollutes the earth.

God, I HATE those fekkers. Does it show?
Alcazar
Old 14 December 2004, 11:49 AM
Abdabz
Scooby Regular

Location: Tellins, Home of Super Leagues finest, and where a "split" is not all it seems.

I have to pity the mentality of the thieves... Say they broke into my house, threatened me for the keys which I would duly hand over...
I would then call the police the minute they were in the car and the trackstar people too. Then theres a good chance they'll get tracked, chased and either get nicked or crash into a wall etc...
Then after they'd got out of prison / while they were painting park benches, I would pay some nice men from down the pub a few monkeys to ensure that it hurt forever more when using their limbs... I honestly would - no SN bravado there...

So all in all a whole lot of bother for the sake of 20mins in my scoob... Stoopid chav scumbags...

Its a scary world...
Old 14 December 2004, 11:56 AM
New_scooby_04

Alcazar.

Damn right mate!! Blackjax would go someway to stoping this kind of thief getting away with the car, but the point is we shouldn't have to go to these lengths: the prospective punishment should disuade scumbags from trying in the first place.The government should be doing much more to combat car crime.

Best.
Old 14 December 2004, 01:42 PM
DJ WATTS
Scooby Regular

And yet another incident involving scum of the earth.

Well i was going to rant on about how hard i would be in the same situation or say how low these scumbags are but im not going to bother.

Instead im going to mention the post so far that stood out to me and made me change my mind in my reply.

Alcazar's post is the only one that hits on the real problem and if things were done by the goverment like he has said, i think it would actually deter these idiots from there theiving ways as the time spent in jail will not be worth it.
With punishments no more than a slap on the wrist in some cases its no wonder people do this for a living. The benefits of getting away and selling the car on are worth the risk for minimal punishment.

So rather than everyone shouting the odds at the scumbags that are not going to be reading these forums so it wont make any difference why dont we do some shouting at the goverment for a change as there the ones that dictate to us the rules and laws of the lands...
We could actually make a point to the goverment when voting time comes or maybe we could all sign a petition signed by all car forums in the uk requesting tougher laws on car crime, burglaries and any acts of aggression shown towards another in his/her home or workplace.

They may listen you never know, but i know the car thieves in the UK wont be doing anything to change there ways anytime soon...
Old 14 December 2004, 02:20 PM
DJ WATTS
Scooby Regular

Just got off the blower with the local police station and to cut a long story short his response was to hand the keys over in any circumstance.
However if i felt i could deal with them then confront them but ultimately my own security should come first.

I then asked about laws on someone breaking into my house and stealing my car threatening and if they did get caught his response was that if it was their first crime then they would proabably get let off with a conditional discharge.
He said that all they can do is enforce the laws they are given so if its not enough made by the goverment in the first place then this kind of thing will carry on until the goverment change there laws and politics on crime!!

So there you have it, the message we are sending out to these types of people is car crime and burglary is worth the risk like i already mentioned so we may as well all leave the keys at the front doors in future...

Don't think i will be voting labour unless they sort this out. Are there any other parties like conservative/liberal that have tough plans on dealing with sentences served out by these offences in the future other than treating car crime and burglaries like a joke?
Old 14 December 2004, 02:30 PM
alwong
Scooby Regular

Angry

It's disgusting how you need to think twice before purchasing a high performance vehicle, worrying about scum who can't make decent use of their lives accept cause grievance to others!!
Old 14 December 2004, 02:55 PM
WRXPete
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by alcazar
Yes..............there is

Lying Labour need to make it the same sort of crime that walking into a jewellers/bank/building society, tooled up, and asking for £25,000 with menaces already is

If they would take car crime SERIOUSLY, they could cut it by a LOT, but they aren't interested, because they think the motorist is just a nuisance cash cow b@stard who pollutes the earth.

God, I HATE those fekkers. Does it show?
Alcazar
Erm, not that i like Labour at all, but the law has done for years....the penalties for armed robbery and aggravated burglary are pretty much the same....it just comes down to the Judges to decide, it's them who need to tighten up on sentencing.
As for taking it seriously, the 5 (yes just five) ministerial priorities for the police to concentrate on are Class A drugs, Burglary, Vehicle Crime, Violent Crimes and Public Reassurance.....
Old 14 December 2004, 04:13 PM
555wrx
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by DJ WATTS
maybe we could all sign a petition signed by all car forums in the uk requesting tougher laws on car crime, burglaries and any acts of aggression shown towards another in his/her home or workplace.
Now thats positive thinking, I would sign it without a doubt. It may be wishfull thinking that somthing positive may come from it, but this is supposed to be a democratic country, so who knows?
Old 14 December 2004, 04:36 PM
Nick
Scooby Senior

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by DJ WATTS
I then asked about laws on someone breaking into my house and stealing my car threatening and if they did get caught his response was that if it was their first crime then they would proabably get let off with a conditional discharge.
He said that all they can do is enforce the laws they are given so if its not enough made by the goverment in the first place then this kind of thing will carry on until the goverment change there laws and politics on crime!!
Well not quite...

The police & local authorities have to decide how to allocate resources. They prefer to put their efforts into the scamera partnerships to fleece the motorists & give themselves an easy self-financing life. In my area (Avon & Somerset), I can't remember when I last saw a traffic patrol car. This means that the drunk, uninsured, dangerous drivers get off scott-free - as long they drive slowly past a speed trap.

It may help to vote out Labour, but why not put £20 to good use & support the Association of British Drivers! These guys are trying to do exactly what we all want.
www.abd.co.uk

"When money talks, truth is silent."
Old 14 December 2004, 05:21 PM
MattOz
Scooby Regular

That's the 4th Impreza in the area in the last fortnight. Seems that Cov and Warks Scoobs are being heavily targetted at the moment. I know this particular car well, as I pass him daily on my way home from work. Hope he's not too traumatised by it all.

Hanging is too good for the scum that perpertrate this kind of crime.

Matt
Old 14 December 2004, 06:05 PM
DannyBoy007
Scooby Regular

B*stards, Feel really sorry for him, Any low life that steals in this manor should be sent down for life, clearly the world won't miss scum like this.
Old 14 December 2004, 08:07 PM
Vegescoob
Scooby Regular

Your cries are a waste of energy. This country is under the control of an establishment that believes the criminal is more of a victim than the actual victim.
Old 14 December 2004, 10:39 PM
screwdriver
Scooby Regular

Pretty sure I read somewhere about an alarm system that can remotely immobilise the car AND lock the doors...

Not sure about the false imprisonment angle.
Come to think of it, if a burgler steals your keys off you in the house, surely that's a mugging?

Screwd.
Old 14 December 2004, 10:51 PM
womandriver
Scooby Regular

The question i keep asking myself is Would i pull the trigger and shoot the low life pieces of ****e ?

Faced with a situation at or in my home then i think my answer would be be pull it!

Anyone else had thoughts like this given the means to do it what ya reckon ?
Old 14 December 2004, 10:58 PM
Adrian F
Scooby Regular

Surely the point is that the more difficult the alarm the more likely that the car thieves will take you with the keys to drive the car some where that they can disarm it or load it in to a container etc and then get rid of you. the only answer is for the Police to actually catch them and then the judges giving a long term in prision but Labour is trying to keep people out or give them early release so not much chance and the Police cant be bothered clear up rates for car crime we know about is below 20% and the Police are proud of this?
Old 14 December 2004, 11:05 PM
Scratch
Scooby Senior

Given the means then it would certainly be 50/50 to pulling, although, I would be more inclined to a FUBAR shot rather than killing shot, like through the knee or something. You know the sort of injury that makes fleeing the scene of a crime quite difficult so that you can be FUBAR'd again.
Old 15 December 2004, 04:57 AM
scooby373
Scooby Newbie

here here dj i agree. I would defo sign that petion!!!!!!