REMINDER - Lock you doors

Search this Thread

Old 06 January 2005, 10:20 AM
SamUK
Scooby Senior

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Angry REMINDER - Lock you doors

People,

Just a small reminder to Keep Your Doors Locked when in your car's...i was parked up yesterday and i had this car pull up next to me, a red Fiat coupe with 3 guys in it. At first i thought they were having problems as there car was smoking really badly then realised it was only like that as they had been caning it! one of them tried to get into my car by trying to open the driver door but luckely it was Locked!!

My car was on, so i shifted to 1st from Nutrel and sped off, there was a little chase but i managed to loose them at roundabouts!
Old 06 January 2005, 10:27 AM
SirFozzalot
Scooby Regular

My doors lock automatically when I start the ignition! Its an optional function of the standard Subaru alarm on the MY03. Assume it is possible on most other MY's also.
Old 06 January 2005, 10:48 AM
austen_wrx
Scooby Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

mine too!
Old 06 January 2005, 10:49 AM
SamUK
Scooby Senior

I have a HP Security system on my car, and it does not allow it to auto lock, have called them up but no joy...
Old 06 January 2005, 10:56 AM
scoobfan
Scooby Regular

Car Jacking Bas***ds, they need there ***** chopping off
Old 06 January 2005, 11:13 AM
D6ale
Scooby Regular

my clifford locks my doors automatically when you start the car. i have known people to suffer having their cars robbed at the traffic lights before.
Old 06 January 2005, 11:16 AM
wrxmania
Scooby Regular

Auto lock on MY03 WRX - best option really.

Trending Topics

Old 06 January 2005, 11:21 AM
chris singleton
Scooby Regular

You can certainly program the MY01/02 alarms to auto lock by using the key pad as that's what I did on mine

Glad Sam got away unscathed, hopefully no damage to the car.

Chris
Old 06 January 2005, 11:25 AM
RB5DOCC
Scooby Regular

I have a MY99 and it is a standard feature of the Sigma Alarm, but has to be switched on. will post the number later
Old 06 January 2005, 11:29 AM
chris's scooby
Scooby Regular

The safety lock on the new age cars alarm is as follows;

Turn on cars ignition. Press transmitter button on the key. Type 4 on the keypad, immediatly turn off the ignition.

To turn the feature off repeat but press 5 instead of 4.

And it is possible to lock your keys in the car with the auto lock switched on!
Old 06 January 2005, 11:31 AM
austen_wrx
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by chris's scooby

Yep, did it last week at my parents whilst the engine was running . My old man had to give me a lift home to get my spare keys so i could unlock the bugger!! At least the engine was warm ready for the blast home!!!
Old 06 January 2005, 11:40 AM
SirFozzalot
Scooby Regular

Thats interesting....on mine, once you open the door from the inside they won't re-lock when you close the door again, even if you start it with the doors open, it locks and then unlocks again as the door is open. If you then shut the door it doesn't automatically lock......This is on a MY03 STi.
Old 06 January 2005, 11:41 AM
RB5DOCC
Scooby Regular

How did u manage that then?? if the door in open or ajar when u turn the ignition, it cancels the door lock.
Old 06 January 2005, 11:43 AM
austen_wrx
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by SirFozzalot
Thats interesting....on mine, once you open the door from the inside they won't re-lock when you close the door again, even if you start it with the doors open, it locks and then unlocks again as the door is open. If you then shut the door it doesn't automatically lock......This is on a MY03 STi.
I'm not sure how or why it happened on mine, i had been fecking about with the fob as i had left the car for over 30seconds after unlocking so the immobiliser had kicked in again, all i know is that it was locked when i came back to it!!
chris's scooby
Scooby Regular

Not sure then. To be honest i copied that out of the MY04 handbook!

I haven't ever worked out how you could do it but it must be possible as someone's managed it.
Dazza's-STi
Scooby Regular

I hope you called to plod and gave the number and descriptions!!!!!

Anyhow Keys...
I left my car with a buddy whilst on hols... came back and gave him a call to bring it back... He reversed it out of the garage and into the road... got out to do something with the car running and the doors locked...

I got a very sheepish phonecall... Daz can you get down here sharpish... the cars locked and its running in the road... DOH!

Arrived 25 mins later in a taxi... comes around the corner and there's the Scoob... but with 6 cars behind it waiting to get out of the Cul-de-sack... at least they saw the funny side all chatting with my m8... PMSL as i got out of the car... muppet!
Always been a bit carefull sinse then...
Old 06 January 2005, 11:47 AM
SirFozzalot
Scooby Regular

I must admit, I try to remember to leave the window open a bit (unless its raining) if I get out with it still running (which isn't often ) just in case!
Old 06 January 2005, 01:30 PM
austen_wrx
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by Dazza's-STi
I hope you called to plod and gave the number and descriptions!!!!!

Anyhow Keys...
I left my car with a buddy whilst on hols... came back and gave him a call to bring it back... He reversed it out of the garage and into the road... got out to do something with the car running and the doors locked...

I got a very sheepish phonecall... Daz can you get down here sharpish... the cars locked and its running in the road... DOH!

Arrived 25 mins later in a taxi... comes around the corner and there's the Scoob... but with 6 cars behind it waiting to get out of the Cul-de-sack... at least they saw the funny side all chatting with my m8... PMSL as i got out of the car... muppet!
Always been a bit carefull sinse then...
I like it!! Better than what i did!
Old 06 January 2005, 01:37 PM
Iain M
Scooby Regular

I don't use the auto lock on my scoob, to scared about locking the keys in. But I have a nice little button on the driver side door to allow me to lock/ unlock the doors anytime I want when driving.
Old 06 January 2005, 02:07 PM
New_scooby_04

Glad you and the car are ok mate!

Originally Posted by RB5DOCC
I have a MY99 and it is a standard feature of the Sigma Alarm, but has to be switched on. will post the number later
Please do mate. I have an MY99 with the standard Sigma alarm and didn't realise that it had this feature.

Definately good advice to keep those doors locked. Also, if you're like me and you like driving along with the window down to fully appreciate the flat four rumble, remember to put it back up if you pull into a carpark/over at the side of the road etc..

Oh, and get blackjax fitted. Sad that we have to go to these lengths isn't it?

Best,
Old 06 January 2005, 02:11 PM
simo
Scooby Regular

New scooby 04, Chris already has

Turn on cars ignition. Press transmitter button on the key. Type 4 on the keypad, immediatly turn off the ignition.

Old 06 January 2005, 03:40 PM
New_scooby_04

Originally Posted by simo
New scooby 04, Chris already has
LOL, Ok, I thought that was specific to the new age cars! :-) Mine is a MY99 :-)

Best.
Old 06 January 2005, 03:48 PM
Sigma Sam
BANNED

The Auto Lock feature is available on UK supplied Subarus from 99MY to date except Legacy models from 04MY. On later models equipped with Double locking, only single lock occurs whe the ignition is on for occupant safety.
To enable Auto Lock - turn the ignition on, press transmitter button (dash LED will flash once), press button 4 on the keypad and then turn the ignition off within 5 seconds. It may be neccessary to arm, disarm and then turn the ignition on then off before the feature becomes active.
This feature locks the ddors the moment the ignition is turned on (and unlocks when turned off) - there is no delay. The Auto Lock feature will not attempt to lock the doors if a door (boot or bonnet) remains open when the ignition is turned on - the indicators will flash once as confirmation that Auto-lockhas been disabled. Due to these factors you cannot lock the keys in the vehicle as a result of activating the Auto Lock feature.
However, their are two other locking options that can be programmed that you should be aware of:
Auto Re-arm (which is selected as standard at installation) - this feature Re-arms the alarm and locks the vehicles doors if the system is disarmed, but a door or the boot is not opened within 60 seconds. Again due to the requirements for operation you cannot lock the keys in the vehicle as a result of activating the Auto Re-arm feature.
Auto Arm (not set as standard) - this feature will automatically arm the alarm system afer the ignition is turned off and then a door is opened and closed and 60 seconds passes. It is possible to also select locking with Auto Arm and this combination of Auto-arm with Locking is the only option that can potentially cause the keys to be locked in the vehicle (turning ignition off but leaving them in the ignition when exiting the vehicle) - as a warning that this feature is active the siren will bleep twice when a door is opened.
Due to the extensive programming options and the potential for mis-programming, I would recommend that these features should be turned on/off by your dealer.
The Auto Arm with Locking feature is the only potential way tthat the keys could be locked in the vehicle during normal operation, so if you are sure that the Auto-Arm with Locking feature is not enabled, I would suspect an electrical problem - possibly the igniton connection to alarm etc, but this would also show up other faults. If this occurs again I would contact your dealer to investigat further.
SS
Old 06 January 2005, 03:52 PM
austen_wrx
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by Sigma Sam
The Auto Lock feature is available on UK supplied Subarus from 99MY to date except Legacy models from 04MY. On later models equipped with Double locking, only single lock occurs whe the ignition is on for occupant safety.
To enable Auto Lock - turn the ignition on, press transmitter button (dash LED will flash once), press button 4 on the keypad and then turn the ignition off within 5 seconds. It may be neccessary to arm, disarm and then turn the ignition on then off before the feature becomes active.
This feature locks the ddors the moment the ignition is turned on (and unlocks when turned off) - there is no delay. The Auto Lock feature will not attempt to lock the doors if a door (boot or bonnet) remains open when the ignition is turned on - the indicators will flash once as confirmation that Auto-lockhas been disabled. Due to these factors you cannot lock the keys in the vehicle as a result of activating the Auto Lock feature.
However, their are two other locking options that can be programmed that you should be aware of:
Auto Re-arm (which is selected as standard at installation) - this feature Re-arms the alarm and locks the vehicles doors if the system is disarmed, but a door or the boot is not opened within 60 seconds. Again due to the requirements for operation you cannot lock the keys in the vehicle as a result of activating the Auto Re-arm feature.
Auto Arm (not set as standard) - this feature will automatically arm the alarm system afer the ignition is turned off and then a door is opened and closed and 60 seconds passes. It is possible to also select locking with Auto Arm and this combination of Auto-arm with Locking is the only option that can potentially cause the keys to be locked in the vehicle (turning ignition off but leaving them in the ignition when exiting the vehicle) - as a warning that this feature is active the siren will bleep twice when a door is opened.
Due to the extensive programming options and the potential for mis-programming, I would recommend that these features should be turned on/off by your dealer.
The Auto Arm with Locking feature is the only potential way tthat the keys could be locked in the vehicle during normal operation, so if you are sure that the Auto-Arm with Locking feature is not enabled, I would suspect an electrical problem - possibly the igniton connection to alarm etc, but this would also show up other faults. If this occurs again I would contact your dealer to investigat further.
SS
You really are Sigma Sam!!

From reading this I think when i did it i must have locked the car with the fob while the door was open and engine running, then shut the door, leaving the key in the ignition and the car running
Old 06 January 2005, 05:45 PM
MickeyWRX
Scooby Regular

i live in the counttry but every time i go inot the city doors are always locked!

best way really, not much effort but it can save your car etc!

cheers

Mickey
Old 06 January 2005, 08:52 PM
Pogue
Scooby Regular

My doors lock automatically when I start the ignition! Its an optional function of the standard Subaru alarm on the MY03. Assume it is possible on most other MY's also.
Yeah, I like the auto locking door function
Old 06 January 2005, 09:17 PM
RB5DOCC
Scooby Regular

I would just like to say that this is the same process for earlier cars, such as the MY99.
Old 06 January 2005, 09:40 PM
jods
Scooby Senior

The Sigma M30 alarm system has many more features than you may be aware of. The standard Subaru fitted system has the majority of these features switched off for simplicity and to conform to European legislation. Just to let you know what can be done……..

User Features

The following features are switchable by the end user, using the keypad, and are detailed in the back of your operating instructions.
To access this mode - turn on the vehicle ignition, press the remote button once, type one of the numbers listed in the chart below, immediately turn off the ignition. The numbers will have the following effect:

Number
Function

Last trigger isolation - allows the system to be set excluding any circuit giving a trigger signal at the end of the settle time (i.e. allows the system to be set with a defective bonnet switch, without “false alarming” until the switch can be replaced)

Turns off the bleeps only for the next time the system is armed (If bleeps turned on!)

Turn off ultrasonics only for the next time the system is armed (also possible by pressing the Remote Key with the ignition on before arming)

Puts the system into valet mode (effectively freezing the passive immobilisation and any other features such as auto arm when the vehicle goes in for service. System re-activated by arming with the remote key).

Turn on auto-lock (an anti-hijack feature that locks the doors and boot when the ignition is turned on)

Turn off auto-lock

Turn off bleeps every time system is armed or disarmed
(Turned off at manufacture to comply with legislation)

Turn on bleeps every time system is armed or disarmed
( Note: This will contravene current legislation)

Displays vehicle’s battery voltage – 10 flashes on dashboard LED = approximately 10 volts

Turn on super-lock for next set period (allows the alarm to arm, but then shuts down the receiver. This reduces the systems current consumption if the vehicle is left for a number of weeks. The system then can only be disarmed using your PIN number , this gives protection even if your keys are stolen, whilst you are away on holiday.

Toggles between loud and soft arming/disarming bleeps if selected ( See above note in 7)

Programming a New PIN Code:

The standard PIN code can be changed following the sequence below:
i) Type in to the keypad **
ii) Type in to the keypad the “existing PIN code” then *
iii) Type in to the keypad 92 * “new PIN code” * “new PIN code” #

Programming Remote Keys to the System:

Remote keys can be added or removed to/from the system following the sequence below:
i) Type in to the keypad **
ii) Type in to the keypad the “existing PIN code” then *
iii) Type in to the keypad 91 * “ the number of keys to be used” #
iv) Press the first remote key button until bleep sounds, release and press next key. Continue until all keys have been taught to the system. Note the maximum number of keys is 4 and all keys required to operate the system must be taught during this operation - any key not included will no longer operate the system.
Old 07 January 2005, 01:35 AM
Aroe
Scooby Regular

Thumbs up

Sweet thx for the auto-lock info!! i never knew it could do that, although i always try to travel with the doors locked i dont always remember... now i won't have to
Old 07 January 2005, 08:22 AM
Chris L
Scooby Regular

If anyone wants the full list of features for the Sigma alarm, please PM me with your email address. I have the document in MS Word and PDF formats.

Chris

Quick Reply: REMINDER - Lock you doors