ScoobyNet General General Subaru Discussion

03 WRX Wagon Rear Spoiler

Search this Thread

Old 09 January 2005, 09:17 PM
teknobod
Scooby Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 03 WRX Wagon Rear Spoiler

I picked up my 03 WRX Wagon on Friday and driving back up the motorway I noticed an annoying whine from the rear - (I knew it wasn't my better half as she was in her own car!!! )

The noise comes and seems worst at 60 mph and increases in pitch up to about 70mph when it becomes inaudible.

I had a look around the rear of the car and noticed that there was a little movement in the rear spoiler (fitted to the top of the hatch), is this normal or should it be solid? Just don't want to get fobbed off by the dealer when I take it in.

Cheers

Andy
Old 09 January 2005, 09:54 PM
Badone
Scooby Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

The rear spoiler on my 03 WRX Wagon moves a bit but still feels well fixed. I think there is only 1 screw either side which would I guess, allow a bit of movement? Don't get any whine at the back though.
Sorry I can't help.

Originally Posted by teknobod
I picked up my 03 WRX Wagon on Friday and driving back up the motorway I noticed an annoying whine from the rear - (I knew it wasn't my better half as she was in her own car!!! )

The noise comes and seems worst at 60 mph and increases in pitch up to about 70mph when it becomes inaudible.

I had a look around the rear of the car and noticed that there was a little movement in the rear spoiler (fitted to the top of the hatch), is this normal or should it be solid? Just don't want to get fobbed off by the dealer when I take it in.

Cheers

Andy