Notices
ScoobyNet General General Subaru Discussion

Why people are reluctant to wave.......

Search this Thread

Old 11 January 2005, 01:57 PM
trackman
Scooby Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Why people are reluctant to wave.......

Some people on here wonder why some drivers don't wave, calling them grumpy, ignorant etc.

Being a waver myself I have had a couple of incidents whilst out and about in my scoob where I have waved and then immediately wished I hadn't. The first one was a while ago now. I was approaching a traffic island with a macdonalds perched on a corner right by it (people familiar with Redditch will know it). Anyway, another scoob comes off the island towards me with a youngish lad driving it, I stuck up my hand to wave and he just looked down his spotty nose at me and turned into macdonalds where he proceeded to rev the nuts off it through the drivethrough! Zorst roaring, dump valve dumping, tyres screeching, what a ***!! I was still waiting to pull out at the island and was cringing with embarrassment!

The second one was a nice looking mica red one which was obviously being driven quite hard but I didn't realise how hard until he came past me, again I waved, he waved back but he and his mate were laughing about it, little minds. As he came past I noticed his exhaust which I can only assume must have been homemade, it must have been 8" in diameter, looked totally ridiculous (Ok, I'm sounding old now). Anyway he was heading the same way as me along quite slow roads, junctions etc. and the way he drove (obviously showing off to his mate) was laughable. I was behind him in Grandad mode, I didn't want people to think that we were on some sort of 'crooooz'. I couldn't distance myself enough from him. *** no.2!!

Obviously chavish behaviour of the lowest order, but none of them really looked like chavs at first (no caps for a start), I was tricked lol!

Having been subjected to these deeply scarring incidents, I am very careful who I wave to these days, as I suspect are plenty of other decent normally very friendly scoob owners.

Paranoia rules!!
Old 11 January 2005, 02:04 PM
ChrisB

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Double post.