ScoobyNet General General Subaru Discussion

I never learn...

Search this Thread

Old 11 January 2005, 04:09 PM
theotherphil
Scooby Regular

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default I never learn...

Just finished an oil change earlier this afternoon and had the car idling on my parents drive. After 10 mins, I decided to give the car a "rev" from the throttle linkage. The Clifford alarm then decides to lock the doors as an "anti-hijack" feature - bugger. My spare key and keyfob are at my own home but my house key is on the keyring in my car - double bugger. Oh, and Mrs. theotherphil is with me and hasn't brought her key either - triple bugger.

OK, time to use the old wire coat hanger trick. Searched the parents house but none to be seen - funny as there was loads when I lived there....oh yeah, I took them with me when I moved out .

Good job my mother was at work (Paramedic) as she managed to rob me one from the Hospital and drop it off as she was passing. Two minutes later and I was in. These classic scoobs are just too easy to open.

Anyway, the moral of the story is keep the window open when not in the car and it is still running. This is the third time I have had to break into my own car.
Old 11 January 2005, 04:15 PM
The Zohan
Scooby Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

He-he, great story, People and glass houses so i'll leave it there i think.
Old 11 January 2005, 04:21 PM
stevie boy
Scooby Regular

i once got my arm stuck in the front leccy window with the doors locked (me on the outside, hand on inside, bloody powerful motors aswel!). luckily i was at my house with a spare set of keys and even luckier my mate was there to go get em (after he stopped pissin himself)

stevie
Old 11 January 2005, 04:56 PM
Paulo P
Scooby Regular

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

When working on my sisters scoob which does the same I always open the drivers window before I shut the door just to make sure
Old 11 January 2005, 05:04 PM
mattsan
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by theotherphil
Just finished an oil change earlier this afternoon and had the car idling on my parents drive. After 10 mins, I decided to give the car a "rev" from the throttle linkage. The Clifford alarm then decides to lock the doors as an "anti-hijack" feature - bugger. My spare key and keyfob are at my own home but my house key is on the keyring in my car - double bugger. Oh, and Mrs. theotherphil is with me and hasn't brought her key either - triple bugger.

OK, time to use the old wire coat hanger trick. Searched the parents house but none to be seen - funny as there was loads when I lived there....oh yeah, I took them with me when I moved out .

Good job my mother was at work (Paramedic) as she managed to rob me one from the Hospital and drop it off as she was passing. Two minutes later and I was in. These classic scoobs are just too easy to open.

Anyway, the moral of the story is keep the window open when not in the car and it is still running. This is the third time I have had to break into my own car.
Did this with a fiesta turbo i had a few years ago.Called the AA out and was amazed how easy and quickly they got in!
Old 11 January 2005, 07:18 PM
R.B
Scooby Regular

L.M.A.O when it rains it rains .

R.B
Old 11 January 2005, 11:46 PM
New To Scoob
Scooby Regular

Not quite the same but, my 309 Gti had a clifford alarm system which decided to spike due to the alternator being on the way out so it wouldn't open even with the keyfob, to make matters worse I had decided to take the door locks off so no way getting in there either and the boot lock was solid. Had to get the RAC out to get me in only took the guy 30secs

John.