ScoobyNet General General Subaru Discussion

Series Mcrae Limited edition

Search this Thread

Old 12 January 2005, 07:10 PM
Modo
Scooby Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Series Mcrae Limited edition

Hi guys, has anyone on here got any idea's what my car is worth?

1995-number 26
55 thousand miles
FSH
Superb condition

Cheers
Martin
Old 12 January 2005, 07:14 PM
Tidgy
Scooby Regular

Received 150 Likes on 115 Posts

depends, going for between 10k and 8k on autotrader, just wrote mine off so i'll let you know payout if you like.
Old 12 January 2005, 07:20 PM
Modo
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by Tidgy
depends, going for between 10k and 8k on autotrader, just wrote mine off so i'll let you know payout if you like.
Cheers Tidgy, seen one in outo trader 13k with more miles thought it was a bit dear, with there not being many about, was wondering whether they was becoming a bit of a collectors that 's why it might be up for 13k, or he just wants top money for it.
Old 12 January 2005, 07:30 PM
Tidgy
Scooby Regular

depends on buyer like any car, if more get taken off road, (no not gonna get another mcrae, wiped out enough history for now lol, but i'll be back) price will go up, mine was 174, so if anyone sees it around its a crash repair
Old 12 January 2005, 07:33 PM
Modo
Scooby Regular

As long as your ok m8 its only a piece of metal at the end of the day
Old 12 January 2005, 07:44 PM
Tidgy
Scooby Regular

yeah cheers modo, i'm fine bud, the pics are on here somewhere.
Old 12 January 2005, 08:24 PM
scooby66
Scooby Regular

Smile

yeah cheers modo, i'm fine bud, the pics are on here somewhere.

Here they Tidgy are bloody strong cars ,see on the road soon Paul

I'm at scoobyclinic sat morning may see you there??? What do recon to the scooby meet's dvd,doing "Jaws 5" next in the back garden

http://www.bumbandits.net/Wreck/PC300001.JPG

http://www.bumbandits.net/Wreck/PC300002.JPG

http://www.bumbandits.net/Wreck/PC300003.JPG

http://www.bumbandits.net/Wreck/PC300004.JPG

http://www.bumbandits.net/Wreck/PC300005.JPG

http://www.bumbandits.net/Wreck/PC300006.JPG

http://www.bumbandits.net/Wreck/PC300007.JPG

http://www.bumbandits.net/Wreck/PC300008.JPG

http://www.bumbandits.net/Wreck/PC300009.JPG

http://www.bumbandits.net/Wreck/PC300010.JPG

http://www.bumbandits.net/Wreck/PC300011.JPG

http://www.bumbandits.net/Wreck/PC300012.JPG

Let me know what ya think

Trending Topics

Old 12 January 2005, 08:58 PM
Brun
Scooby Senior

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

£13k I would expect it to be gold plated for that................
Old 12 January 2005, 09:01 PM
Brun
Scooby Senior

From the Parkers Price guide:

Dealer Retail
£ 5525
Private Good
£ 4950
Private Poor
£ 3425
Part Exchange
£ 4290
Old 13 January 2005, 01:28 PM
Tidgy
Scooby Regular

think those parkers guys are slightly out lol, good luck find one for that price!!!!!!

um, jaws 5???? could be, was thinking a fishing rod and spit roast my self!!!!! lmao

Damn nice pond bud, some HUGE mutated fish to lol.
Old 13 January 2005, 01:33 PM
What if ?
Scooby Regular

A dealer in Hampshire is selling one with 70k mile FSSH and 1 year warranty for £7500.

Oh yes, a rather good number plate too !
Old 13 January 2005, 02:18 PM
dsmith
Scooby Regular

Its only a 10 year old impreza with a few cosmetic changes. 5-6K sounds about right. 13K in a dealer is trying it on. 8-10 in autotrader is obscene optimism from private sellers who still believe people will pay a 3K premium for gold wheels and a plaque....
Old 13 January 2005, 02:33 PM
Colinj
Scooby Regular

About £5k maybe a bit more because of low millage.
Old 13 January 2005, 06:08 PM
Tidgy
Scooby Regular

I payed 7.5 for mine about 3 months ago, gotta remember its a ltd ed.

i'd agree that 13k is way high but, 10k high but i think 8 isn't that far away for what people are prepared to pay.

Also don't forget that it has the performance of an import wrx of same age but is a uk car.
Old 13 January 2005, 06:37 PM
Modo
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by dsmith
Its only a 10 year old impreza with a few cosmetic changes. 5-6K sounds about right. 13K in a dealer is trying it on. 8-10 in autotrader is obscene optimism from private sellers who still believe people will pay a 3K premium for gold wheels and a plaque....

Only a 10 year old impreza true, but its the car collin won the 95 rally which is what started the ball rolling for scoobies and thats why every petrol head wanted a scooby.

More than just a plaque with gold wheels-----------they had a visit to prodrive

6k maybe to someone who just wants a scooby, i think a little more for someone who wants 1 out of 200 and there is not 200 left, rare as rockin horse ****.

So its not just a 10 year old scooby is it?
Old 13 January 2005, 06:40 PM
Tidgy
Scooby Regular

aint 200 left mate for, perhaps 199,,,,,
Old 13 January 2005, 06:41 PM
Modo
Scooby Regular

**** me, sorry sight, did you roll it?
Old 13 January 2005, 06:48 PM
Tidgy
Scooby Regular

not me the hedge i hit made it roll lol,

came up to a dog leg with a walker on the left, lined it up and slowed down a bit, next thing i know he crosses over with me 40 feet ish away, swerved left cliped the bank and skidded off right, caught that, but ended up half on road half on grass, tyres on road gripped and spun me other way, spun round, went backwards into the bank again, at this point flipped up bonnet over boot and the rear a pillar smacked the hedge and spun round in mid air landed back down on wheels far side of hedge.
Old 13 January 2005, 06:52 PM
Modo
Scooby Regular

not me the hedge i hit made it roll lol,

came up to a dog leg with a walker on the left, lined it up and slowed down a bit, next thing i know he crosses over with me 40 feet ish away, swerved left cliped the bank and skidded off right, caught that, but ended up half on road half on grass, tyres on road gripped and spun me other way, spun round, went backwards into the bank again, at this point flipped up bonnet over boot and the rear a pillar smacked the hedge and spun round in mid air landed back down on wheels far side of hedge.
I think someone was watching over you there m8
Old 13 January 2005, 06:56 PM
Tidgy
Scooby Regular

police turned up in force with shovels so yeah lucky to walk away with a few scratches. But i'll be back, perhaps not in a mcrae, killed enough history lol, bbut i'll have another, loved having it.
Old 13 January 2005, 07:00 PM
Modo
Scooby Regular

are you sticking to scoobies or are you tempted to got to the dark side?
Old 13 January 2005, 07:07 PM
Tidgy
Scooby Regular

gonna have to go something a bit less meaty for now, i'm only 22 so insurance is gonna be stupid!!!!!!!

give me a few years and i'll be back!!! prob go to the higher end though this time, just been looking at 25.com and got me thinking, maybe 25-26-27th bday present to myself lol, or i may get another classic and get a 2.5 etc done.

not scared me off at all, just made me a bit more observant when i'm driving, moral of the story is expect the unexpected, prob go on an advanced driving course as, well, i think audi run them but i bet most companies do.
Old 13 January 2005, 08:04 PM
hoskib
Scooby Regular

Also don't forget that it has the performance of an import wrx of same age but is a uk car.
does it? i thought it was std engine back in the day when i had mine i wouldn't say it was quicker than my mates ukMY99. although i did remember some mag qouting a 240bhp figure or would that have been with PPP?

great looking colour, shame it's a right **** to keep clean! i seem to remember reading in parkers or something that they're worth 20% more than std car?

agree completely that it's a piece of history and marks a very significant time in subarus (and McRae's) rallying past, but unless you're a rally fan/scooby enthusiast it's a bit wasted i'm afraid.
in the age/price braket it's in it'll attract more people who haven't a clue what they're buying so you may have to hold out for the price you want until you get a true fan knocking on your door.

good luck though!
Old 13 January 2005, 09:40 PM
dsmith
Scooby Regular

LOL - do more research. It was mechanically standard - could be ppp'd like any other standard UK of course.

Series McRae

In June 1995, to celebrate their winning of both the manufacturers and drivers World Rally Championship titles, Subaru in the UK released a limited edition run of two hundred cars (numbered 1 to 201 - no number 13!) prepared by Prodrive going by the name of the Series McRae. The main improvements over the standard model are:

* Special mica blue paintwork
* 6.5 x 16 inch eight spoke gold Speedline Safari alloy wheels
* Pirelli P Zero 205/50 ZR 16 low profile tyres
* Recaro sports front seats with open headrests and Series McRae motifs
* All seats (front and back) and door panelling retrimmed in Le Mans/Avus material
* Factory fitted electric tilt and slide sunroof
* Interior numbered Series McRae plaque
* Side and rear Series McRae decals
So thats Wheels, Paint and the prodrive interior of the day. - oh and decals of course. Where exactly does the performance come from......
Old 13 January 2005, 09:45 PM
Brun
Scooby Senior

Where exactly does the performance come from......
...........a few beers down the pub i would think
Old 13 January 2005, 09:58 PM
Tidgy
Scooby Regular

prodrive played around with it. It had the equivelant of a ppp fitted as standard to the mcrae, got into an argument with someone on here and ended up ringing prodrive to confirm what the book i got said. hang on i'll type the bit from the book

"A uk Special:

The price of turbocharged Impreza motoring went up by £500 at the start of 1995 (the price of the normally aspirated models remains the same), and then, the so-called "series Mcrae" impreza was launched in mid 1995 to commemorate colin mcraes victory in the in the previous years rac rally.

Allan Muir said a year later, "the car that makes you feel like a rally star is prodrives subaru impreza series mcrae. Prodrive, the oxfordshire company that runs the suabru rally team, takes an £18,499 impreza turbo 2000 and adds 10 grands worth of go faster bits and a striking wheels/tyres/paint package that turns the oddball four wheel drive saloon into a serious peformance car.
An uprated engine management system, prodrive exhaust silencer and ramair filter gives the standard two litre flat four a claimed 15% power and torque boost. That takes it to around 240bhp, with a corresponding improvment in mid-range performance claims, but the series mcrae feels capable of shaving half a second off the cars standard 5.8 second 0-60 and topping 140mph."

Bit of speil about how engine sounds.

"Prodrive also uprates the springs, dampers and antiroll bars then fits a striking set of speedline wheels and pirelli p-zero tyres. The modifications tighten the car up noticeably and turn an already capable chassis into a real peach."

After that it just goes on about interior etc which is as mentioned above. One thing i can confirm is that a ram air filter was def fitted to mine and also there was the origional ramair sticker placed on the top of the airbox was still in place on mine.

I have since, as mentioned above, confirmed this with prodrive couple of weeks ago, and although they couldn't confirm the exact date it went through there factory they told me most went through within 2-3 weeks of there regestration (they had to be regestered before prodrive could play with them).

damn that took some typing!!!!

Mine was No 174 (cant remember if i put that before or not lol)
Old 13 January 2005, 10:09 PM
dsmith
Scooby Regular

I suggest you get your money back for that book sharpish.

I should imagine a high percentage were PPP'd (your "uprated engine management system, prodrive exhaust silence") but that was the same PPP available for all UK turbos at the time.

Again - I'm sure the prodrve suspension upgrade was available - but again its the same package as available for the standard UK turbo at the time

The only bits *specific* to the series mcrae are the cosmetic bits listed above. (of which the best bit by far is the replacement interior. The standard interior before 96/97 was truely horrendous)
Old 13 January 2005, 10:14 PM
Tidgy
Scooby Regular

sorry think you miss understood mate, doesn't mean they are specific to the mcrae (engine/running gear bits anyway), the spec described is as standard on the mcrae with no mods.

To get the standard uk car up to the same you would indeed add the same bits as called the ppp, but as you correctly pointed out you couldn't get the cosmetic bits as per listed above just the peformance bits.

And also just as a side note its was £500 cheaper to get a standard uk turbo and get the ppp fitted to take same performace spec as the mcrae at the time the mcrae was for sale.
Old 14 January 2005, 12:03 AM
Ian E
Scooby Regular

Agree with DSmith - thought PPP was an extra cost option on the McCrae - like it was on the Terzo, UK300 etc.
Old 14 January 2005, 06:36 AM
hoskib
Scooby Regular

prodrive played around with it. It had the equivelant of a ppp fitted as standard to the mcrae, got into an argument with someone on here and ended up ringing prodrive to confirm what the book i got said. hang on i'll type the bit from the book

"A uk Special:

The price of turbocharged Impreza motoring went up by £500 at the start of 1995 (the price of the normally aspirated models remains the same), and then, the so-called "series Mcrae" impreza was launched in mid 1995 to commemorate colin mcraes victory in the in the previous years rac rally.

Allan Muir said a year later, "the car that makes you feel like a rally star is prodrives subaru impreza series mcrae. Prodrive, the oxfordshire company that runs the suabru rally team, takes an £18,499 impreza turbo 2000 and adds 10 grands worth of go faster bits and a striking wheels/tyres/paint package that turns the oddball four wheel drive saloon into a serious peformance car.
An uprated engine management system, prodrive exhaust silencer and ramair filter gives the standard two litre flat four a claimed 15% power and torque boost. That takes it to around 240bhp, with a corresponding improvment in mid-range performance claims, but the series mcrae feels capable of shaving half a second off the cars standard 5.8 second 0-60 and topping 140mph."

Bit of speil about how engine sounds.

"Prodrive also uprates the springs, dampers and antiroll bars then fits a striking set of speedline wheels and pirelli p-zero tyres. The modifications tighten the car up noticeably and turn an already capable chassis into a real peach."

After that it just goes on about interior etc which is as mentioned above. One thing i can confirm is that a ram air filter was def fitted to mine and also there was the origional ramair sticker placed on the top of the airbox was still in place on mine.

I have since, as mentioned above, confirmed this with prodrive couple of weeks ago, and although they couldn't confirm the exact date it went through there factory they told me most went through within 2-3 weeks of there regestration (they had to be regestered before prodrive could play with them).
that journalist must have have been given a mcrae with every option box ticked!
mine deffo didn't have a prodrive rear box or ramair filter and didn't come with the prodrive handling pack.

crossed wires somewhere methinks.

anyone got a rolling road print out of a 'std' McRae?

Quick Reply: Series Mcrae Limited edition