ScoobyNet General General Subaru Discussion

What car from Subaru Assist

Search this Thread

Old 24 January 2005, 03:47 PM
Carl Harvey
Scooby Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default What car from Subaru Assist

OK, so the STi 8 is in the garage as it has worn through the wiring loom on the passenger side near the door.

Spares of these are made to order and I have been advised that it may take 4 weeks.

Subaru Assist are organising a car but are talking about a focus or astra.

Would you accept that and what have you had.
Old 24 January 2005, 04:33 PM
urban
Scooby Regular

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by Carl Harvey
OK, so the STi 8 is in the garage as it has worn through the wiring loom on the passenger side near the door.

Spares of these are made to order and I have been advised that it may take 4 weeks.

Subaru Assist are organising a car but are talking about a focus or astra.

Would you accept that and what have you had.
Doesn't surprise me in the slightest.
Do you really think they're going give you another STI, or even a WRX knowing fine well the abuse its going to receive.
They're be replacing these cars quite often i'd imagine.

Shaun
Old 24 January 2005, 04:57 PM
mightyyid
Scooby Regular

To be honest, I think its fair. Not a nice situation but cannot see how anyone would supply the same car. Anything to get you mobile. If you had a Volvo estate, and they offered you a Fiesta, you may be more peeved, but this seems fine. Can you imagine your Bentley going in for some work and requesting another Bentley. You'd double the number in the area! Or come to that, a City Rover! Get given one of those and you;d have a claim of torture and abuse...
Old 24 January 2005, 05:03 PM
JohnS

It is indeed a Focus or Astra sized car that you will get in return. However, depending on what the local hire car company have available, you might be lucky.

I recently had to use Subaru Assist (first rate service I must add!), and since it was the end of the day on a bank holiday, the local hire car company only had two cars remaining. A diesel Zafira, or 3.0 S type Jag. I was happt to be given the choice
Old 24 January 2005, 05:31 PM
monty baber
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by JohnS
It is indeed a Focus or Astra sized car that you will get in return. However, depending on what the local hire car company have available, you might be lucky.

I recently had to use Subaru Assist (first rate service I must add!), and since it was the end of the day on a bank holiday, the local hire car company only had two cars remaining. A diesel Zafira, or 3.0 S type Jag. I was happt to be given the choice
Nothing handles like a courtesy car enjoy it whatever it is
Old 24 January 2005, 05:33 PM
Scooby125
Scooby Regular

Ah but you see you are better off getting a Focus or an Astra because when you hand them back after the 4 weeks you will have the wow factor of the sti all over again as if you were driving it for the first time....you see it makes sense lol
Old 24 January 2005, 05:57 PM
mas58
Scooby Newbie

I've had an Omega 2.6 and a Zafira. Again could'nt fault the service from Subaru Assist
Old 24 January 2005, 06:17 PM
bluenose172
Scooby Regular

I was offered a 1.0 Daihatsu last time, I laughed in his face and said I'd get a lift. I just think spending 25K+ on car should get you a little more than that!!
Old 24 January 2005, 07:02 PM
harry_p1
Scooby Regular

I got a Subaru Legacy out of Subaru Assistance took me a while i was offered a focus at first but didnt have any of it, they do try with the fords but if you stick to what you want they do sort it
Old 25 January 2005, 08:13 AM
Nixon
Scooby Regular

However nice a thought it is to think there's a hire fleet of STi's parked up ready for a kicking it ain't going to happen.

I've always loved having hire cars the best ones are the Hondas (used to get one in place of my Type-R Civic), most of them have Vtec and they handle ok, very satisfying whilst putting them through their paces

Unfortunatly the last time I had one I deliberatly didn't go back to the dealership that evening to swap back so I could drive this thing home 30 miles down A roads, rather expensive experience as I forgot to put my parking permit in the window and by 10am the following morning I was £400 lighter
Old 25 January 2005, 08:52 AM
WRX-Mark
Scooby Regular

I several problems with electrical items and had 5 cars from subaru assist- ranged from a 1.1 corsa, to a Rover 75. mostly they were corsa or Astra types. In the end my dealer lent me a wrx wagon as the car was going to be 2-3 weeks.