ScoobyNet General General Subaru Discussion

T25 AND T28

Search this Thread

Old 25 January 2005, 01:22 PM
GRIFF007
Scooby Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default T25 AND T28

Anybody out there got any longterm running reports on T25 or no any more about alledged T28

Just how different is T25 to Bugeye STi PPP?

What is realistic value of early T25? - Will Litchfields extend the warranty for subsequent owners if maintained to spec?
Old 25 January 2005, 06:06 PM
hades
Scooby Regular

The T25 is VERY different to the bugeye STi PPP. T25's are I believe blob eye only, have 2.5L engine with much more power and better pull from low down, uprated adjustable suspension, adjustable centre diff, even better brakes I think. For the 05 versions, also has the improved spec C style geometry. In it's favour, STi PPP has manufacturers rather than Litchfield warrranty and can be serviced any main dealer, whilst T25 needs frequent oil change anywhere but full service has to be at powerstation IIRC. Powerstation are great, I use them regularly, but it's a long way for servicing if you live in Scotland or even Kent or East Anglia!

"Early" T25? They haven't been about that long - you won't find many pre 2004 ones I believe
Old 25 January 2005, 06:10 PM
johnfelstead
Scooby Regular
Support Scoobynet!

Received 53 Likes on 30 Posts

T25 was launced at the autosport show in 2004, so the oldest will be just about 1 year old.
Old 25 January 2005, 06:46 PM
warrenm2
Scooby Regular

I believe Iain is keen to buy back any T25s that are for sale, so he'd be the best person to ask for a second hand one....
Old 25 January 2005, 10:00 PM
GRIFF007
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by hades
The T25 is VERY different to the bugeye STi PPP. T25's are I believe blob eye only, have 2.5L engine with much more power and better pull from low down, uprated adjustable suspension, adjustable centre diff, even better brakes I think. For the 05 versions, also has the improved spec C style geometry. In it's favour, STi PPP has manufacturers rather than Litchfield warrranty and can be serviced any main dealer, whilst T25 needs frequent oil change anywhere but full service has to be at powerstation IIRC. Powerstation are great, I use them regularly, but it's a long way for servicing if you live in Scotland or even Kent or East Anglia!

"Early" T25? They haven't been about that long - you won't find many pre 2004 ones I believe

oops - sorry meant Blobeye (03 STi PPP) of course!

Would love to hear owner reports - any takers? - any T25's sold??!!
Old 25 January 2005, 11:15 PM
Mog
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by GRIFF007
oops - sorry meant Blobeye (03 STi PPP) of course!

Would love to hear owner reports - any takers? - any T25's sold??!!
I've got a T25 which is no.17 so there are a few out there, my grin gets a bit bigger every time I go out in it and even the wife just takes it out for a blast.

Mog
Old 26 January 2005, 09:27 AM
alwong
Scooby Regular

Smile

Originally Posted by Mog
I've got a T25 which is no.17 so there are a few out there, my grin gets a bit bigger every time I go out in it and even the wife just takes it out for a blast.

Mog
Do you find it difficult to keep the power down on a burn? Can you really use all the power? I have an 53' STI PPP and it struggles to keep the power down with the standard tyres and wheels but the T25 is supposed to be a league above with regards to power output
Old 26 January 2005, 09:39 AM
GRIFF007
Scooby Regular

Cool

Originally Posted by alwong
Do you find it difficult to keep the power down on a burn? Can you really use all the power? I have an 53' STI PPP and it struggles to keep the power down with the standard tyres and wheels but the T25 is supposed to be a league above with regards to power output

Would really welcome detailed T25 reports - How does T25 deal with sudden loss of edhesion on one front wheel - eg undulation when cornering carrying some lateral g and inside wheel unweights and then clears good contact - I find the grab on the steering wheel a bit alarming and the car just transfers power across and heads off on its own tightened curve - has to be really helmed back.

Is the T25 ride on a backroad between WRX and STi levels, or firmer still than std 03 STi?

What sort of fuel consumption on a 90 mph cruise and backroad sprints?

How does turbo lag compare to STi PPP (which is pretty damn good if revs are kept above 2800?)

Does it sound any different inside when sprinting a T25 compared to PPP Sti?
Old 26 January 2005, 09:42 AM
GRIFF007
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by Mog

Mog
How long will Ian warrantee the engine, if he maintains it to his schedule and multiple owners are prepared to pay a fair annual warrantee premium?

I ask as clearly if the car is one step beyond PPP, when used values drop to around £20k, I for one would buy one subject to continuation of engine warrantee
Old 26 January 2005, 10:12 AM
scooby L
Scooby Regular

think Iain offers a 3 year warranty.

I saw the T25 going round Castle Combe last year and it's very quick...the suspension set up is fantastic by all accounts.

The guys at Powerstation said it feels so much more composed on the road than the standard STI.. giving you much more confidence on B roads.
Old 26 January 2005, 10:30 AM
GRIFF007
Scooby Regular

Cool

Originally Posted by scooby L
think Iain offers a 3 year warranty.

I saw the T25 going round Castle Combe last year and it's very quick...the suspension set up is fantastic by all accounts.

The guys at Powerstation said it feels so much more composed on the road than the standard STI.. giving you much more confidence on B roads.
I have read all the reports and indeed it seems the right car to have - just love to have several owner feedbacks - do they have their own site, cos I would have thought they would have made somewhat of a stir on hear!?
Old 26 January 2005, 10:42 AM
AndyC_772
Scooby Regular

Too busy driving, probably

Is the T25 ride on a backroad between WRX and STi levels, or firmer still than std 03 STi?
The T25 suspension is fully adjustable, you can have it as hard or as soft as you like.
It has equal length headers, so it snarls rather than burbles. I rather liked it.
Old 26 January 2005, 11:03 AM
GRIFF007
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by AndyC_772
Too busy driving, probably

The T25 suspension is fully adjustable, you can have it as hard or as soft as you like.

It has equal length headers, so it snarls rather than burbles. I rather liked it.
did it come on boost as hard as an STi PPP or does the natural torque offset the transition better - is it MUCH harder accelerating and free from map surge?
Old 26 January 2005, 11:10 AM
AndyC_772
Scooby Regular

I've only ever test driven both cars, so I don't really feel qualified to comment. My own car is a standard 2.0 litre JDM '05 STI.
Old 26 January 2005, 05:51 PM
Mog
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by GRIFF007
Would really welcome detailed T25 reports - How does T25 deal with sudden loss of edhesion on one front wheel - eg undulation when cornering carrying some lateral g and inside wheel unweights and then clears good contact - I find the grab on the steering wheel a bit alarming and the car just transfers power across and heads off on its own tightened curve - has to be really helmed back.

What sort of fuel consumption on a 90 mph cruise and backroad sprints?

How does turbo lag compare to STi PPP (which is pretty damn good if revs are kept above 2800?)

As already said the suspension can be as hard or as soft as required.

Does the fuel consumption really matter!!!!!!

There is no turbo lag at all and pulls really strong from 1500rpm in 4th gear.

It is very noisy but mine is based on a Spec C WR and so has nil sound deadening/insulation.

99% of the time the car accelerates so hard that you run out of road before the surge finishes.

Best thing is to go and have a test drive.

Mog
Old 27 January 2005, 09:57 AM
GRIFF007
Scooby Regular

Cool

Originally Posted by Mog
As already said the suspension can be as hard or as soft as required.

Does the fuel consumption really matter!!!!!!

There is no turbo lag at all and pulls really strong from 1500rpm in 4th gear.

It is very noisy but mine is based on a Spec C WR and so has nil sound deadening/insulation.

99% of the time the car accelerates so hard that you run out of road before the surge finishes.

Best thing is to go and have a test drive.

Mog
cheers - might do that - wait til the ice and grease clear up first...