Irony?

Search this Thread

Old 26 January 2005, 03:47 PM
paulhsti
Scooby Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Irony?

why is it that in the ideal conditions for the engine max performance,

i.e cold dense air with maximum cooling for the intercooler, the turbo boosting the engine crying out to really go for it but I can't travel above about 35mph? ...

- bl@@dy freezing Fogand icy roads !!! lifes not fair.

Why don't they fit fog lights to the STI? - does it have better lights than the WRX or simply deleted to allow placement of the STI decals?

Why on my faviourte back road route do always I catch up with Mr Snailman just before that loverly series of bends?

oh well.
Old 26 January 2005, 03:54 PM
alcazar
Scooby Regular

Received 27 Likes on 25 Posts
Wink

Why don't they fit fog lights to the STI? - does it have better lights than the WRX or simply deleted to allow placement of the STI decals?
'Cos the foglights are crap, and they're too mean to fit driving lights

Why on my faviourte back road route do always I catch up with Mr Snailman just before that loverly series of bends?
It happens to me too. Life's a b*gger at times, ain't it?

Alcazar
Old 26 January 2005, 04:52 PM
scooby L
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by paulhsti
Because the weight they save from not fitting the fogs can be offsetted against the weight of the rear wing....
Old 26 January 2005, 05:04 PM
corradoboy
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by paulhsti
1. Why don't they fit fog lights to the STI?

2. Why on my faviourte back road route do always I catch up with Mr Snailman just before that loverly series of bends?
1. I've got a WRX, and I'd swap them for driving lights tomorrow if the missuse would sanction the expendature How often is it foggy enough to really justify front fogs Mine are used mainly for flashing the BMW/Pug/Chav who use them regardless of the weather (which reminds me; must fit those 130w bulbs )

2. On my frequent trips to the Yorkshire Dales, if I'm on a stretch where overtaking is difficult/dangerous and I'm stuck behind a snail I often pull over to create a gap so as to enjoy the road. It never ceases to amaze me how quickly I catch them back up, even after a 2-3 minute wait
Actually though, come to think of it I don't do that anymore. Since getting the Scoob, overtaking is sooooooo easy no need !