ScoobyNet General General Subaru Discussion

Spotted this in Glasgow

Search this Thread

Old 13 February 2005, 12:53 AM
Fractal
Scooby Newbie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Spotted this in Glasgow

Hey guys, I actually don't own an Impreza as much as I am a fan of them (particularly the older model) but my reasons for coming here are Impreza related....

I've been posting about on a couple of forums I'm a member of looking for some answers to this and as yet I've had no luck. Someone suggested I try here.

I was walking to work on Friday when I noticed this parked in the street:

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v6...WFImpreza1.jpg
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v6...WFImpreza2.jpg
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v6...WFImpreza3.jpg
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v6...WFImpreza4.jpg
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v6...WFImpreza5.jpg
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v6...WFImpreza6.jpg
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v6...WFImpreza7.jpg

I really was amazed by the detail on it...it must have taken them ages to build and I doubt it was cheap. I'm thinking it was an advert of some sort since it was parked in front of a glass fronted restaurant and just underneath a small hotel. I'm just confused as to why they would advertise an old car if indeed it is an advert. Someone suggested it might be a students art project or something similar.

Really is amazing, I've been looking at the pics constantly (they're not too great cos they were taken on my phone) but does anyone have any clues as to wtf is going on?!!

Cheers
Old 13 February 2005, 02:42 AM
Little Miss WRX

Welcome to Scoobynet Fractal,

Hope you enjoy the forums.

What a find!!!! That's fantastic, hopefully someone can shed some light on that. From your piccies, the details is fantastic.....
Old 13 February 2005, 02:54 AM
Alas
Scooby Regular

Whereabouts was this. Looks like Waterloo st? Surprised some ned has not tried to get the wheels off
Alas
Old 13 February 2005, 07:50 AM
my cossy
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by Alas
Whereabouts was this. Looks like Waterloo st? Surprised some ned has not tried to get the wheels off
Alas
they didnt get the wheels coz they took the stereo and amps lol???
Old 13 February 2005, 08:45 AM
thecirsch
Scooby Regular

Perhaps I'm naturally suspicious, but, play spot the differnce between this:

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v6...WFImpreza1.jpg

and this:

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v6...WFImpreza4.jpg

Seems to be a lot of movement of the cars in front and behind the model
Old 13 February 2005, 08:48 AM
Jamo
Cooking on Calor

Received 7 Likes on 2 Posts

and the time of day, and in fact the model itself! note the white lines on the first

Originally Posted by fractal
was walking to work on Friday when I noticed this parked in the street
is someone billy bullsh!tting?
Old 13 February 2005, 10:04 AM
Catherine
Scooby Regular

Yes, something isn't right about the photo's, but I can't put my finger on what it is.
Old 13 February 2005, 10:19 AM
147_TS
Scooby Regular

just another photoshop

the road is wet but theres no reflection of the "weird car" and there are no shadows underneath too
Old 13 February 2005, 10:21 AM
Gary C
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by 147_TS
just another photoshop

the road is wet but theres no reflection of the "weird car"
Yes there is !

Look in the puddle of pic three, you can see the reflection of the wheel and the sill.
Old 13 February 2005, 10:54 AM
Abdabz
Scooby Regular

Location: Tellins, Home of Super Leagues finest, and where a "split" is not all it seems.

Hmmm thats all genuine

Its just a lot of silly pics - some kind of knight rider nemesis that someone's dreamt up me thinks
Old 13 February 2005, 11:00 AM
Gary C
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by Abdabz
Hmmm thats all genuine

Its just a lot of silly pics - some kind of knight rider nemesis that someone's dreamt up me thinks

Did not say it's genuine, just that there are some reflections !
Old 13 February 2005, 11:14 AM
Abdabz
Scooby Regular

Location: Tellins, Home of Super Leagues finest, and where a "split" is not all it seems.

Wasnt having a go at you fellow northern monkey - simply that those pics are just plain silly is all
Old 13 February 2005, 11:50 AM
Fractal
Scooby Newbie

I only came on here to find out whats going on...not an attempt to spread "fake" photos.

thecirsch - the pictures you ask us to play a spot difference....are you referring to the spot of white just behind the frame? I think what you are getting at is that it has been mirrored? Actually, if you notice on the second pic you linked to, the spot is in the space where the fog lamp would be and in the first it's in the gap next to it....how could it be supported when there is nothing attached to it? I actually think this was on the ground, but truth be told I dont know what it is I only noticed after I looked at the photos when I was home.

EDIT: If you notice on the fifth and seventh photos, the spot is still in the same location and is still visible from other angles......

The only thing I can suggest about these pictures not looking right as you quaff at them is that they were taken on my phone.

Just another Photoshop? Stop discrediting me when you don;t know what you're talking about.

There are no reflections/shadows? Check out the third pic...if there's no shadows there then I don't know what that is.

It's funny how one person suspects something wrong with it (quite rightly so to be honest) and everyone jumps on the bandwagon and makes up their mind already

The first couple of pics were taken in the morning (11/02/04 08:58 to be exact)......the next 2 were taken at lunchtime (11/02/04 13:55) and the last ones were after work (17:16). This would account for other cars moving and also the daylight...or lack thereof.

It was on Brunswick St just off of Ingram Street, towards the Merchant City and was in front of the Italian restaurant there, I forget the name of it. It was there yesterday also so I can only presume will be there today, if you happen to be in Glasgow...any chance of a second opinion?

I only came on here to find out if anyone has any ideas about this but obviously not. I'm glad some liked this as much as I did but to be perfectly honest, I have far more things I could be doing with my time than photoshopping a car and spreading it across torrent sites to find out about it....this is the only Impreza site I have posted it on since it was the only one I have been told of. I certainly wouldnt be acheiving much if I photoshopped it and put it on only one Impreza site.

Last edited by Fractal; 13 February 2005 at 04:26 PM.
Old 13 February 2005, 12:13 PM
147_TS
Scooby Regular

Smile

OK OK, i didnt meant to offend anyone

but its kinda strange that the reflection IS ONLY on the 3rd picture... no reflections on other photos and its still unsure whether its reflection of the car and not something else... and there are definitely NO SHADOWS, even though there should be some

I take back what i said about photoshop, but theres still something strange about the photos...
Old 13 February 2005, 12:22 PM
Fractal
Scooby Newbie

There is a very small reflection in the first (front drivers side wheel) and in the second at the rear drivers wheel. They are small, yes, but the angles aren't allowing for much there. In the fifth, there is a little reflection and you can also see the wheel submerged in the puddle. Reflections are in the 6th and 7th photo also. I wouldnt expect something like this to be accounting for shadows in that kind of light.....cars only give off shadows because the light cant pass through them whereas it can pass through most of this.

I'm sorry but I can't defend this much longer, if you don't believe me that's entirely up to yourselves all I can say is that there's no room for me to be mistaken because the pics were taken by me and not "acquired" on the net or on the PC in some other way.

Either way no-one seems to know what the idea behind this is which is all is was looking to find out.

Old 13 February 2005, 12:48 PM
andrewdelvard
Scooby Regular

What a strange strange thread....Nice photoshop, but very strange.
Old 13 February 2005, 02:33 PM
Fractal
Scooby Newbie

I was a little bemused at why people are so quick to dismiss things, but anyways, here is the address of my photo album.....the password is Scooby (Note the capital S).

http://photobucket.com/albums/v66/FractalHelix/

I was out today and thought that since I would only be a 5min drive I might aswell get some more snaps with my camera. These have all been resized by Photobucket in both dimensions and file size.....if you would like the full image for further inspection just drop me a line. The smallest is 380kb and the largest is just over 1mb - all are 1280 x 960. All in all, there are 26 images. Image numbers 1 through 7 are the old ones taken on my phone.

There is also a video I had done with my camera which I am uploading in a minute...its 17mb so it might be in 5-10mins and it's in .mov format since thats the only format my camera supports.

Again, I really am being 100% truthful here...from the new pics/video you can see that I'm sure. What is it that makes you think I'm lying? The quality of my pictures? The fact I'm new here? the fact it's a little bizarre?
Old 13 February 2005, 02:44 PM
bioforger
Scooby Regular

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

Thats amazing metal work.

I think there was doubt over your initial post due to the light conditions u took the photos under, it made it look like the frame was drawn in the pics.

However your album proves in no doubt that its real imo.
Old 13 February 2005, 02:49 PM
Fractal
Scooby Newbie

Cheers...here's the link for the vid I mentioned.....it's just under a minute I think, it's 17mb and it's a .mov file so you'll need quicktime player if you don't have it already.

http://s31.yousendit.com/d.aspx?id=2...S15MTVFQK5KDZ8

And for Quicktime player:

http://www.tucows.com/preview/195040.html
Old 13 February 2005, 02:54 PM
rickydiver
Scooby Regular

Question try this site instead for an answer

All the guys from the scottish section on here moved many months ago, if you post this on www.scottishscoobies.com I am sure you will get an answer in no time at all. Dougster will probably know something about it.
Cheers
Ricky
Old 13 February 2005, 03:33 PM
ozzy
Scooby Regular

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I'm sure one of the other Scottish lads closer to Glasgow will vouch that it's genuine. I'd go have a look myself if it wasn't 20-miles away

Maybe we can bring it to the Glasgow SIDC meet on the 28th and prove that it is for real.

Stefan

P.S. Scoobynet is a tad cynical these days.
Old 13 February 2005, 04:06 PM
st3ph3n
Scooby Regular

A mate has just sent me this - www.st3ph3n.com/images/wirecar.jpg after I told him to look for it whilst in Glasgow.

I'll need to go and look at it myself next week.
Old 13 February 2005, 04:38 PM
Carl Davey
Scooby Regular

PMSL @ the ScoobyNet photoshop wizards. It's not that it's dismissed as a photoshop, it's the reasons....

Amazing find by the way.
Old 13 February 2005, 04:51 PM
147_TS
Scooby Regular

yeah, the second serie of pictures is much better the previous pictures really looked like photoshop

btw, nice discovery
Old 13 February 2005, 07:18 PM
Danbo
Scooby Regular

LOL..

look at what the poor bloke had to go through to prove it was real.

Nice find though, not seen that before!!
Old 13 February 2005, 08:23 PM
Scooby Roo
Scooby Regular

opcorn:

mmmmmmmmmmmmm photoshop
Old 13 February 2005, 09:22 PM
richie rich
Scooby Regular

seen these for myself...

maybe you sould belive in the force.................
Old 13 February 2005, 09:26 PM
thecirsch
Scooby Regular

Fractal,

First of, please accept my apologies if you thought I was having a go at your first post on Scoobynet.

HOWEVER, as you stated 'you were walking to work on Friday' and you saw the iron car, and that you've taken the subsequent photos. In the first photo you can plainly see a White Transit mini-bus and a blue Megane to the rear and a BIG space to the front. However, in the second everything has changed. There is a red Mazda (?) parked very close to the rear and a dark coloured saloon parked even closer to the front. How was I supposed to realised that there was a 4 hour gap between photos?

As has been mentioned above, there is a whole lot of photoshopping on Scoobynet these days. Anyone care to find the soft top Classic??

For a second time, I'm sorry you took offence to my original post and I hope we can leave it at that .
Old 13 February 2005, 09:58 PM
Fractal
Scooby Newbie

Nah, I suppose I should have mentioned that not all the pics were taken at the same time. I was maybe just a little irked by the time I got to reply as almost all the replies were dismissive.

I wasn't looking to visit here to cause any problems with members, I hope that I haven't came across like that. I can see why some were a bit doubtful about the pics....I did try and explain the quality of them by mentioning that they were on my phone but I suppose people looking at them can only go by what is shown. I still haven't figured out what that little white spot it.....when I got the other photos I thought it was a drop of paint from the parking bay, although it turns out not to be.....hmmmm.

Anyways, cheers for checking it out guys - just wish I had some more clues in order to find out what it's all about!! If/when I find out I'll be sure to post back.

Take it easy
Old 14 February 2005, 10:09 AM
ozzy
Scooby Regular

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Is that humble pie I see being eaten?

Congrats on the find Fractal

Quick Reply: Spotted this in Glasgow