Advice needed!!

Search this Thread

Old 04 April 2005, 12:50 PM
ST-AIIIII !
Scooby Newbie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Advice needed!!

Hi,

Recently purchased a carbon fibre bonnet, but upon receiving it noticed that it was damaged! Doh...

Phoned up the company from where i baught it and they said that once they had it back i would get a full refund.

Two weeks later and i was still waiting for the money, phoned and emailed to just here, "we'll look into and call you back in a minute"!!!!!!! Yeah right

Finally spoke to them today and got a refund on the bonnet, but the bonnet only!!! They have said that they cannot refund the postage and packaging as that goes to the corrier company and not them!!!!

Now surely if they are claiming from the corrier company, they also get back the P&P? as you wouldn't pay for a service that they had cocked up by actually breaking the bonnet in the first place!!!!!

Am i correct in thinking this? And where do i stand as i'm currently out of pocket by £65 and none of it is my doing!!!!!!

Any help greatly received, cheers
Old 04 April 2005, 01:47 PM
Derek W
Scooby Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

You need to check the terms and conditions of the sale to determine the company's refund policy - if it was an online purchase then they should have this published on their web site. Refund of P&P is not always covered in mail order/internet transactions, although a good company would normally refund P&P associated with faulty goods.

Also, try calling them to discuss the issue - email is too easy to ignore! Lay it on thick that you're out of pocket because they supplied faulty goods. If necessary, ask to speak to the manager/owner and go over the whole thing again.

You could even ask for a replacement bonnet as long as they refund your P&P costs and waive them from the replacement order.

Don't give up easily, you're the victim!