Dissapointed....advice needed

Search this Thread

Old 09 April 2005, 04:47 PM
PaulC555
Scooby Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Angry Dissapointed....advice needed

Hi folks

Got myself a snooper 715 detector at christmas....main reason was to pick up the tripod laser cameras in the vans that frequent the many bridges on the M6...cover around 35K business miles per year....so licence is important to me....so far passed 7 of these cameras and the old snoopie has been completely silent...it does however pick up every automatic door within 100 miles...
so....any you lot got a new road angel...just about to purchase one.....does this pick up this type of camera...really.....honestly now..because the snooper was supposed to..unless i read the info wrong which is a possibility..and advice appreciated.....
Old 09 April 2005, 04:52 PM
mattsan
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by PaulC555
Hi folks

Got myself a snooper 715 detector at christmas....main reason was to pick up the tripod laser cameras in the vans that frequent the many bridges on the M6...cover around 35K business miles per year....so licence is important to me....so far passed 7 of these cameras and the old snoopie has been completely silent...it does however pick up every automatic door within 100 miles...
so....any you lot got a new road angel...just about to purchase one.....does this pick up this type of camera...really.....honestly now..because the snooper was supposed to..unless i read the info wrong which is a possibility..and advice appreciated.....
Get intouch with snooper about the problem,when i had a problem with mine they were really helpfull.
Old 09 April 2005, 06:50 PM
donutman
Scooby Regular

waste of time really when they go off you probably will of been caught. Now if you bought a garage door opener who knows what that does to there equipment?
Old 09 April 2005, 06:57 PM
Scoob99
Scooby Regular

I have an RA1 and it picks up every camera, but you must update it all the time.
Cheers
Colin
Old 09 April 2005, 07:18 PM
MJW
Scooby Senior

Laser detectors are a complete waste of time : as stated above, by the time the unit warns you of a laser, you're already nicked. Plus there's new government legislation coming out soon which will ban laser and radar detectors.
A better bet would be a GPS based system like Road Angel or Snooper S6. These warn you of all fixed cameras and mobile camera sites (though not if a van is actually there at the time). For further protection you could risk fitting a laser jammer, but these are frowned upon in the eyes of the law (unless you can blag it by claiming its a garage door opener)
Old 09 April 2005, 07:46 PM
pslewis
Scooby Regular

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I'm thinking of designing a system that bleeps whenever it sees a camera sign by the side of the road - I would make a fortune out of those who don't use their eyes while driving

The GPS systems tell you only where cameras are likely to be, sometimes, ...... amazingly at the side of the road is a sign thats says EXACTLY the same thing!! and its FREE!!

Its all bollox I tell 'ya! Don't waste your money!

Pete
Old 09 April 2005, 08:07 PM
a1oku
Scooby Regular

Wink

my advice is one s and 2 p's in dis appointed.it's appoint with a dis in front.hope this helps.

Trending Topics

Old 09 April 2005, 11:14 PM
Johnny E
Scooby Regular

My advice is Keep To The Speed and we wont have any problems
Old 09 April 2005, 11:22 PM
Soulgirl
Scooby Regular

I have it direct from a traffic policemans mouth that there is no device that can save you from the hand held devices. So I assume the tripod variety are the same? What you need is a co-pilot with some good binnoculars