Prodrive suspension, Mesh Grill, Quickshift

Search this Thread

Old 12 April 2005, 08:42 AM
Zip Boing Arial Whoop
Scooby Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Prodrive suspension, Mesh Grill, Quickshift

Thinking about fitting the above to a MY05 WRX. But first a few questions:-
1. Is the mesh grill a Subaru Part, if so how much, Can't find it on Subaru UK's website (any Piccies Pref. on a crystal grey car)

2. Anyone fitted the Prodrive Springs to a MY05 yet, if so feedback and prices paid, also if I wait for Eibach to bring theirs out does this invalidate the warrantee?

3. Is the quickshift worth the money (about £200 i believe from a dealer), is there an aftermarket one and if some warrantee issues again.

Sorry for so many questions..

Cheers
Old 12 April 2005, 09:23 AM
RobinSherwood
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by Zip Boing Arial Whoop
1. Is the mesh grill a Subaru Part, if so how much, Can't find it on Subaru UK's website (any Piccies Pref. on a crystal grey car)

2. Anyone fitted the Prodrive Springs to a MY05 yet, if so feedback and prices paid, also if I wait for Eibach to bring theirs out does this invalidate the warrantee?

3. Is the quickshift worth the money (about £200 i believe from a dealer), is there an aftermarket one and if some warrantee issues again.

Cheers
Well at a guess the answer to Q1 is that it is probably listed as a WR1 specific spare part as that is the car they were fitted to as standard. They do fit straight on to other Scoobs as I have seen them though.

Robin
Old 12 April 2005, 10:54 AM
Bartop
Scooby Regular

I believe that if you fit the Eibachs it would impact your warranty - worth checking directly with the dealer but questionable as to the benefit of this anyway (unless cheaper) as AFAIK the prodrive springs for the MY05 WRX are made by Eibach to Prodrives specifications - I seem to remember reading a post on here somewhere that the MY05 WRX kit was in fact based on the MY04 Sti kit.
Gonna get mine done at the 10k service
Old 12 April 2005, 01:17 PM
speedking
Scooby Regular

Bugeye version of mesh here. May fit?
Old 12 April 2005, 01:37 PM
jasonius
Scooby Regular

IMHO the mesh grill does not suit the shape of the car's nose (in the colours I've seen anyway) and for the money it isn't worth it.

Solid alloy droplinks and spring kit definately worth while. Quick shift can make gearchange notchy apparently, I find the gear box in my 05 wrx very good and short enough as std.

The money saved on the mesh grill I'd spend on a lower lip spoiler from Scott's. This does improve the look of the car more so than you'd think..!

Jason

PS I've so far only fitted droplinks (they do help reduce understeer very well), boost gauge and a ninja BB. The other things are going to happen when the funds are around..!
Old 12 April 2005, 04:34 PM
MadMark
Scooby Regular

Anyone fitted the Prodrive Springs to a MY05 yet, if so feedback and prices paid, also if I wait for Eibach to bring theirs out does this invalidate the warrantee?

Is the quickshift worth the money (about £200 i believe from a dealer), is there an aftermarket one and if some warrantee issues again.

Cheers
Don't know about the 05 but I can tell you that my local dealer wanted £800 (springs, bumpstops, fitting and geometry included) so I got Powerstation to fit some Eibachs to my 03WRX for a very reasonable £250 but they rattle like buggery and if the dampers fail before 60,000 they won't replace them under warranty!
Old 12 April 2005, 07:15 PM
rizzy
BANNED

Cheers
robinsons in rochdale have a wr1 mesh grill instock,usually takes two weeks to get oen pirced at £290
Old 12 April 2005, 07:19 PM
brihoppy
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by jasonius
IMHO the mesh grill does not suit the shape of the car's nose (in the colours I've seen anyway) and for the money it isn't worth it.

Solid alloy droplinks and spring kit definately worth while. Quick shift can make gearchange notchy apparently, I find the gear box in my 05 wrx very good and short enough as std.

The money saved on the mesh grill I'd spend on a lower lip spoiler from Scott's. This does improve the look of the car more so than you'd think..!

Jason

PS I've so far only fitted droplinks (they do help reduce understeer very well), boost gauge and a ninja BB. The other things are going to happen when the funds are around..!
interesting...was thinking of a mesh grill but may change my mind and go for a spoiler lip now...anyone know how easy they are to fit...?
Old 12 April 2005, 07:59 PM
jasonius
Scooby Regular

I've fitted them to other cars and their usually quite easy 4-5 screws/bolts. Not looked to see if holes are already there, but it should be easy to drill a few in the underside of original chin spoiler.

Seriously though, the money for the grill can be better spent..!

Jason
Old 12 April 2005, 09:01 PM
Chris Barn
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by rizzy
robinsons in rochdale have a wr1 mesh grill instock,usually takes two weeks to get oen pirced at £290

bloody hell, i think i would use the grill off a disposable bbq and pocket the money...
Old 14 April 2005, 08:47 AM
GrahameS
Scooby Regular

Go for the mesh grill & the STI lip.. looks mean....

Not sure if it has the quickshift, but it felt like a similarly short throw to my old RB5 and that had a quickshift..

Looks really nice on the Crystal grey I think, but i love that colour...