ScoobyNet General General Subaru Discussion

Best Price for MY05 STi (UK)

Search this Thread

Old 25 April 2005, 09:02 AM
Andy-pay
Scooby Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Best Price for MY05 STi (UK)

can anyone let me know whats the best price to expect for a new STi, UK model, from a Subaru dealer (not a UK spec or import).

considering this at the mo, so any expectations on cost would be appreciated (plus it wil help when I visit the dealers!)
Old 25 April 2005, 10:52 AM
C2forWRX
Scooby Regular

I know someone who payed 25 and got flaps n door sills mats.
Old 25 April 2005, 11:02 AM
mpr
Scooby Regular

get on subaru's website, ring every dealer within a 100 miles and get their "best" price. Make it clear that you're going to buy the car from the cheapest dealer and that location is irrelevant. Then ring the cheapest few and beat them up with the prices offered by their competitors. That's what I did anyway... not on an 05 STI tho' so the price I paid is of no use to you.

Dealers take the p!ss, but you've got the cash, so play them off against eachother.
Old 25 April 2005, 12:11 PM
Apple
Scooby Regular

£24K inc free servicing - no p/x
Old 25 April 2005, 12:21 PM
KiwiGTI
Scooby Regular

Apart from the thousands of pounds saved buying a Euro import, I have yet to see a UK Subaru dealer who is worthy of my cash. They are the most useless bunch of ******s that I have ever dealt with.
Old 25 April 2005, 01:00 PM
Apple
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by KiwiGTI
Apart from the thousands of pounds saved buying a Euro import, I have yet to see a UK Subaru dealer who is worthy of my cash. They are the most useless bunch of ******s that I have ever dealt with.
How long have you had your car and have you ever had a warranty claim?

I had an import bugeye WRX before I got my UK STi, yes I saved approx 4.5K on bare purchase price but by the time you've added things on to bring it to UK spec for insurance requirements, the savings aren't as glowing. Coupled with the fact that I believe I paid more for servicing than an equivalent UK one at the time and a few other bits and pieces, they're not always the best option...

I know for a fact that someone I work with who owns a forrester had his clutch replaced under warranty at a service and he didn't know about it until he saw the invoice. For me, it would have been a case of remove clutch, send to Belgium, wait for approval, carry out work or not as required, give back car x number of days/weeks later

Imports are good depending upon the deal you get re warranty and servicing but to write off all dealers as idiots (diplomatic ) is short-sighted. At least it is now possible to get PPP fitted to imports

I went for UK this time as I got what I considered to be a decent deal which included the free servicing package (without paying the price hike so Subaru could say it was free...) I also got full UK dealer support and Assist so I don't have to ring the number on the continent that no-one answers or join the AA/RAC etc.

You pays your money, makes your choice etc but for me, joining the dark side has advantages at this time
Old 25 April 2005, 01:38 PM
budgie55
Scooby Regular

bought a new 05 Sti type UK from the preston dealer for £24,850 with a 6cd changer in the boot, sti type uk mats and a full tank of fuel and free servicing (up till 30 April I believe).

I looked at the import route but by the time you add in free servicing, tracker and alarm, under spray?? (needed?), lower residuals etc the difference for me was not enough to tempt me to any of the possible hassle dealing with an import. By all means do your own research etc but thats what I found to be the situation for me at the time.
Each to their own I suppose..... do your own research read some posts on here re imports and make yer own mind up

Best of luck

Allan

Last edited by budgie55; 25 April 2005 at 01:40 PM.
Old 25 April 2005, 01:58 PM
Andy-pay
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by Apple
£24K inc free servicing - no p/x
Import route not really appealing, due to all of the above statements.

this sort of price is getting tempting though!

need to see if this is fairly common, or if even cheaper has been achieved!!
Old 25 April 2005, 02:03 PM
C2forWRX
Scooby Regular

If you have a contact at a garage try and see if he/she know anyone who works for subaru. My mates dads mate works at a company that has ford, subaru, izuzu, seat and mazda. He is always borrowing cars from all the other marques and letting me drive them. He is able to get me a pre-reg 500 mile wrx for 16k
Old 25 April 2005, 02:05 PM
budgie55
Scooby Regular

ah yes forgot to mention no p/x for me either.

Thing to remember Andy is go prepared, buying a new car is not what it should be over here. The dealers make you work for your money off. Do the leg work, do all the ringing around before hand and if they wont offer you what you want to pay be prepared to walk away, providing your not expecting a ludicrous price you should be able to get around the mark that we are quoting on here.

You'll usually find that dealers dont like laying all their cards on the table to start off with as you will go elsewhere and try to knock them down some more. Get a price in your head that you are happy with and then go for that and get any extras thrown in that you can.. It's worth it at the end of the day

Allan
Old 25 April 2005, 02:14 PM
Danny B
Scooby Regular

How can a saving of £4k not be appealing

Warranty & servicing are the same ie- 3yrs
Underseal (if reqd) will cost you no more than £50
CAT1 & Tracker say £500
Locking wheel nuts £40

Resale values will *never* be £3,500 less than their UK equivalent so you will be quids in all round by buying a euro import.

All this scaremongery of imports is created by UK DEALERS, I wonder why....?
Old 25 April 2005, 03:18 PM
KiwiGTI
Scooby Regular

UK Subaru dealers are the pits in my opinion. They are not interested in selling you a car or they are stupid and lacking in knowledge about the cars they have on sale.

I have bought new cars from BMW, Volkswagen, and 2 Toyotas and have never experienced such poor interest in the customers. I was prepared to buy off a UK dealer but after 6 of them and not finding one that I would have bought off I will now be buying an import. (And it is worth it, a Euro import doesn't depreciate anyway near the amount that is saved up front)
Old 26 April 2005, 08:52 AM
Andy-pay
Scooby Regular

Not sure where a 4K saving is to be had on an import STi?

Litchfields UK spec STi with DCCD is £23,495 OTR - unless they discount as well?

if UK dealer can supply for 24K, then that has to be the most appealing, surely?

if I can get a UK spec STi for 20K, I'd take it anyday!
Old 26 April 2005, 08:57 AM
ScoobySu
Scooby Regular

Thumbs up Try Ian @ Stan Palmers

Try Ian @ Stan Palmers - 01228 525051 - he's just done a superb deal on a WRX wagon for us that was well worth travelling from the East Midlands for!
Old 26 April 2005, 09:34 AM
compshack
Scooby Regular

K T Green at Otley, Yorkshire. Just had mine for it's 1K service there. Superb, felt really at home free coffee while you wait, frendly staff, mechanics really knew there stuff. Got a great deal on the initial purchase of the STi 05 also. Circa £24k with free servicing.
Old 26 April 2005, 09:43 AM
KiwiGTI
Scooby Regular

Both Alliance and AllBrandsNew have STIs for £20200 OTR, STI DCCD for $21000. Both with WR Blue models in stock.
Old 26 April 2005, 10:06 AM
GrollySTI
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by KiwiGTI
Both Alliance and AllBrandsNew have STIs for £20200 OTR, STI DCCD for $21000. Both with WR Blue models in stock.
I just checked out AllBrandsNew

STI DCCD £21702 OTR

add
Free servicing say £750
Alarm and Tracker £550
3yrs RAC/AA £200
Locking Wheel nuts £50

Total £23252

Take into account that some imports only get a 2yr european warranty not 3 and you're pretty close to a good UK deal - so why have the hassle?

Last edited by GrollySTI; 26 April 2005 at 10:13 AM.
Old 26 April 2005, 11:16 AM
HOWY
Scooby Regular

Yes but what does a UK DCCD cost and the free servicing ends this month

Originally Posted by GrollySTI
I just checked out AllBrandsNew

STI DCCD £21702 OTR

add
Free servicing say £750
Alarm and Tracker £550
3yrs RAC/AA £200
Locking Wheel nuts £50

Total £23252

Take into account that some imports only get a 2yr european warranty not 3 and you're pretty close to a good UK deal - so why have the hassle?
Old 26 April 2005, 11:25 AM
C2forWRX
Scooby Regular

anyone know whats replacing the free servicing offer??? ideal time for subaru to put on a good deal and try and steal sales from new evo 9 being released from the people who just cannot decide which one to get. could be a good bargaing tool
Old 26 April 2005, 11:30 AM
GrollySTI
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by HOWY
Yes but what does a UK DCCD cost and the free servicing ends this month
erm one of the posts above says that a dealer discounted down to £24k
Old 26 April 2005, 11:33 AM
C2forWRX
Scooby Regular

P.S you have to get DCCD! its the law. makes all the difference
Old 26 April 2005, 03:58 PM
Rioja
Scooby Regular

I've been keeping these little ones secret for a while, but for the benefit of all I've found the following deals;
http://www.unitedcounties-motorgroup.com £23,324 guaranteed UK supplied car
http://www.autoebid.com £23,994 plus £250+VAT arrangement fee (could be lower though as it's a bid for your business)

As for the next big deal; I'm trying to arrange a 24hr test-drive and my local garages have the cars in having PPP fitted. I have been told that dealers have received an email stating that PPP will be a no-cost-option on all STI's purchased in May.
Old 26 April 2005, 04:02 PM
DBY
Scooby Regular

Fantastic deals but will hammer residual values through the floor and out the other side!!
Old 26 April 2005, 06:59 PM
T-uk
Scooby Regular

Litchfields UK spec STi with DCCD is £23,495 OTR - unless they discount as well?
good question.
Old 27 April 2005, 01:08 PM
Andy-pay
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by Rioja
I've been keeping these little ones secret for a while, but for the benefit of all I've found the following deals;
http://www.unitedcounties-motorgroup.com £23,324 guaranteed UK supplied car
http://www.autoebid.com £23,994 plus £250+VAT arrangement fee (could be lower though as it's a bid for your business)

As for the next big deal; I'm trying to arrange a 24hr test-drive and my local garages have the cars in having PPP fitted. I have been told that dealers have received an email stating that PPP will be a no-cost-option on all STI's purchased in May.
they all sound interesting.......wonder if dealers will still discount to 24K, with no-cost PPP option?
Old 27 April 2005, 02:48 PM
Rioja
Scooby Regular

Default And the most expensive?

Check out the link at foot of page for interestfree4cars.com; £30k for DCCD spec import and pay £500 per month! So a £5 grand premium over the dealer price for not paying interest on a loan!

all their clients must have pencils up their nose.
Old 28 April 2005, 06:14 PM
Andy-pay
Scooby Regular

Anyone else done good deals??
Old 28 April 2005, 06:23 PM
rizzy
BANNED

i found a jap spec sti my05 with 500 miles on it for £24,000 scoobysport exhuast front and rear sti strut braces and a blitz dump valve and a few other bits n bobs plus a 1 year warranty.
if you want the guys details pm me,but its probally been sold by now.
Old 29 April 2005, 04:43 PM
Flannel
Scooby Newbie

The following link might be worth a click .... FREE PPP ON ALL MODELS REGISTERED BEFORE 31st JULY 05

http://www.cheammotors.co.uk/content.php