ScoobyNet General General Subaru Discussion

Puncture repair on WRX PPP

Search this Thread

Old 28 April 2005, 04:02 PM
Nick L
Scooby Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Puncture repair on WRX PPP

I have a WRX PPP (2004) and recently thought I had a nail through the tyre. Turns out it was only a few mmm long and had not punctured!

Anyway - the car is a company motor and as such we are forced to use **** - Fit or ATS (if I had enough time I could think of something that stood for and it wouldn't be complimentary). When I took the car in they both insisted that if they removed the nail and it was a puncture that they would repair it (in tread not sidewall).

I was worried about this so I called the Subaru garage who supplied the car. They told me that puncture repairs were not recommended for this car and that they would never take on to do this themselves.

My Fleet Management department have told me that if the advice from ****-Fit was that the puncture could be repaired then that was acceptable.

Does anyone know what the official Subaru line is?

Thanks

Nick
Old 28 April 2005, 04:08 PM
FirebirdUK
Scooby Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Wouldn't trust **** Fit - they sold my wife a set of 4 "sports tyres" a few years ago for a 2.0 D Toyota Carina... As it was a "high powered" car it needed them apparently... Funny they just happened to be the dearest tyre they had for the car...

Havn't used them again since!