STi front aero corners

Search this Thread

Old 29 April 2005, 11:36 AM
C2forWRX
Scooby Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default STi front aero corners

This has been on my mind for a while...
My mother just bought a yaris and had a protection kit put of for 150 notes. it includes plastic corner guards for all 4 corners. she laughed at me when i told her to tell her insurance that she had had them fitted and so did the dealer. but that made think, fitting them front corners off the sti to a wrx is a similar thing. sure there for aethetic purpose on an impreza but insurance companies don't know that. you could just tell them you have had corner protectors fitted to the bumpers. as a result my mothers insurance company did not charge her when i got her to tell them. they were quite happy.
Old 29 April 2005, 11:55 AM
DBY
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by C2forWRX
This has been on my mind for a while...
My mother just bought a yaris and had a protection kit put of for 150 notes. it includes plastic corner guards for all 4 corners. she laughed at me when i told her to tell her insurance that she had had them fitted and so did the dealer. but that made think, fitting them front corners off the sti to a wrx is a similar thing. sure there for aethetic purpose on an impreza but insurance companies don't know that. you could just tell them you have had corner protectors fitted to the bumpers. as a result my mothers insurance company did not charge her when i got her to tell them. they were quite happy.
I had a WRX 03 and fitted STI front bumper, Fog lamp covers, with corner splitters on fitted by me after purchase. Had a small bump and L&V paid out to have it all fitted again brand new by the body shop. I just asked the body shop parts guy to order the STI parts instead of WRX.

John
Old 29 April 2005, 12:05 PM
C2forWRX
Scooby Regular

i thought the sti buper was the same as a wrx but just has fog covers and corners?
Old 29 April 2005, 12:13 PM
Jamesemt
Scooby Regular

Location: Ibiza TDI - Causing a smokescreen on a back road near you

Yeah sort of...I think the corner extensions are part of the actual bumper on the STI...
Old 29 April 2005, 12:13 PM
DBY
Scooby Regular

The WRX bumper does not have the locating slots for the STI corner splitters, however you can cut your own and they will fit.

John
Old 29 April 2005, 12:33 PM
C2forWRX
Scooby Regular

yea thats what i thought. anyone got them? did your insurance go up? its such a grey area that i think its how you word it to the people taking the quote on the phone.
Old 29 April 2005, 12:36 PM
DBY
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by C2forWRX
yea thats what i thought. anyone got them? did your insurance go up? its such a grey area that i think its how you word it to the people taking the quote on the phone.
No my insurance did not go up because I did not tell them, they would not know one end of a WRX or STI if it ran them over.
Old 29 April 2005, 01:07 PM
Jamesemt
Scooby Regular

Location: Ibiza TDI - Causing a smokescreen on a back road near you

Don't get me wrong, I also have undeclared mods - but you can bet that the insurance assessors know the difference!! Any excuse not to make a big payout...

I've got an STI spoiler on my WRX...they're all like that, aren't they
Old 29 April 2005, 01:13 PM
DBY
Scooby Regular

Smile

Originally Posted by Jamesemt
Don't get me wrong, I also have undeclared mods - but you can bet that the insurance assessors know the difference!! Any excuse not to make a big payout...

I've got an STI spoiler on my WRX...they're all like that, aren't they
That's been my whole point I also had STI side skirts on the car and the N/S was damaged they are £300 each ! this was also signed off by the Loss assessor!! He signed off the fitting of a new front bumper and side skirt. As i have said before the insurance company paid out to the body shop and was none the wiser, do you get it know LOL

John
Old 29 April 2005, 01:30 PM
V4JDMSTi
Scooby Regular

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

i have an import so any of the extra bodywork bits are as they are on a jap model aren't they