ScoobyNet General General Subaru Discussion

Anyone else thinking the same as me

Search this Thread

Old 01 May 2005, 08:29 AM
marcymarc555
Scooby Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Anyone else thinking the same as me

Does everyone agree that there is no point in importing a car over from Japan anymore? I think that there is quite sufficient enough of every jap sports in this country and also i think that the whole essence and meaning of importing has gone to pot.

I posted a thread the other day ranting on about the price of type r.s being crazy ..as most for sale are more expensive than a year or so ago..
In the end we came to the conclusion that is was because of there being no model report...but i have looked deeper in to it all ,,,and i think that means didaly squat cus every importer ,,every private sale of any jap performance car these days is nuts money,, unless its 2001and above ...isnt the bubble gonna blow..

Why the hell would i pay the £14k.s for 19994dr impreza sti.s when i can get a 2003 evo 8 fq300 for 16k private sale ,,,erm,,, let me think,, am i gonna buy the scoob, or am i gonna spend the extra 2k have a newer faster car with 18month parts and labour warrenty remaining..

Litchford imports will do u a brand new sti for 20k cash only price..
wrx for 16k cash only price..

There are 94wrx.s out there for as much as 7k..they wernt that much 2yrs ago

1992 rx7,s as much as 10k... oh my god.. just cus it only done 15thousand miles Big wow.....I can remember rexis imports offering me a 99for 9k 2 yrs ago ..can u believe that... they are are 15k cars at the min...

There used to be a point in it all, Jap sports for little money,,that was the point in importing...

I am sorry if everyone thinks i am talking toss but i needed to get that of my cheast,,sorry if it mumbo jumbo

Last edited by marcymarc555; 01 May 2005 at 08:50 AM.
Old 01 May 2005, 08:55 AM
ali_j
Scooby Regular

well to me the point of importing mainly meant i could have a car that is rare or was never released in the u.k for example the early skyline GTRS and the starlet glanza. On top of that there was also the reason that you could get a car cheap, know eveyone knows how to import and are trying to make few grand meaning more cars whilst the demand is slowly decreasing for them.
Old 01 May 2005, 09:08 AM
marcymarc555
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by ali_j
well to me the point of importing mainly meant i could have a car that is rare or was never released in the u.k for example the early skyline GTRS and the starlet glanza. On top of that there was also the reason that you could get a car cheap, know eveyone knows how to import and are trying to make few grand meaning more cars whilst the demand is slowly decreasing for them.
Yea mate i totally agree .... but that was then,, when the cars were rare,, now there is more than enough to go round,,,back then they were cheap and rare,,,now they are 10 a penny and expensive,,
They never made a spec c here but yet miguel at newera will do me a minter..2003 15k-20k on the clock for 17thousand pounds with one years warrenty,,,
They never made an sti 5 here but real good ones are fetching 14k private ,,no warrenty....no f..uk all. ...
Old 01 May 2005, 09:55 AM
ali_j
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by marcymarc555
Yea mate i totally agree .... but that was then,, when the cars were rare,, now there is more than enough to go round,,,back then they were cheap and rare,,,now they are 10 a penny and expensive,,
They never made a spec c here but yet miguel at newera will do me a minter..2003 15k-20k on the clock for 17thousand pounds with one years warrenty,,,
They never made an sti 5 here but real good ones are fetching 14k private ,,no warrenty....no f..uk all. ...
thats very true. But this is mainly with the impreza's i think i for one have never ever seen a starlet glanza or a 2003 silvia spec r on the road. With scoobs there are more then enough i say, u can get a good 1993 in jap for an odd 3k that similar to over here know no point left to import them then.

Nissan silvia spec r

starlet glanza v
Old 01 May 2005, 10:17 AM
Beastie
Scooby Regular

Received 17 Likes on 10 Posts

An import Jap scoob is superior to a UK one hence reason to import.
A Jap Lancer IX is cheaper than a UK Lancer IX so reason to import again.

I think Jap imports are far from finished for performance punters.
Old 01 May 2005, 10:26 AM
marcymarc555
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by Beastie
An import Jap scoob is superior to a UK one hence reason to import.
A Jap Lancer IX is cheaper than a UK Lancer IX so reason to import again.

I think Jap imports are far from finished for performance punters.

Right,..../..... but didnt i state that cars from 2001 are viable for import and cars below that age are not.....

The superior jap scooby u refer to is 10 a penny in this country ..and was rare as a couple of years since but is far from rare these days...

I am talking about viability mate ...it is viable to import new cars not viable to import old ones,,,Maybe if u r an importer who is more bothered about the price than quality this may apply,,, i am talking about the person buying for personal use..

U want rare,, try a 22b there is 14 for sale i know of at the minute...
Old 02 May 2005, 01:43 AM
marcymarc555
Scooby Regular

Anyone else got anything to add? all thoughts and views much appriciated..

Trending Topics

Old 02 May 2005, 11:05 AM
scooby-si
Scooby Regular

Location: 2005 sso, 1/4 finals,3rd in 60ft; 2004 sso,semi finals,2nd in 60ft time; 2003 standard car 2nd 60ft

U want rare,, try a 22b there is 14 for sale i know of at the minute...
where are all these for sale m8?? i can think of about 4

the uk is starting to catch up with the jap cars IMHO you take the next STI with its DCCD like the jap model,but i would import a spec c to save a few ££££

but then again i wouldnt by from a main scammer i mean dealer,and i would never buy a brand new subaru.