ScoobyNet General General Subaru Discussion

02 Sti ???

Search this Thread

Old 02 May 2005, 11:20 PM
David26
Scooby Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 02 Sti ???

Been looking to buy an sti with ppp for sometime now. I do prefer the newer blobeye ones but finding one for around the 17-18k mark is near damn impossible. So i have found a blue, black bugeye with 31k on the clock with fssh and it has had 2 previous owners. They are asking 15995 but i'm confident i could get it for 15000. Does this sound like a good deal? The only thing im worried about is it's out of warranty! What do you guys think?

Thanks for you help.

David.
Old 03 May 2005, 07:36 AM
The Incredible Hulk
Scooby Regular

David,

I'm guessing this is a private sale, hence the lack of Subaru approved warranty - which probably also accounts for the lower price then (excluding usual dealer mark-up) - might be worth looking for an approved third party warranty if you want piece of mind, search around here as the recent hike of Subaru warranty renewl quotes has forced a few discussions. Might be worth getting a professional inspection to allay your fears further if that helps. As for private sale price, it seems to be a little lower than the going rate, but, it might be worth having another look at whats on offer in the classifieds of this site and other subaru forums (SIDC etc).

Kevin
Old 03 May 2005, 08:47 AM
Jay m A
Scooby Regular

Location: Class record holder at Pembrey Llandow Goodwood MIRA Hethel Blyton Curborough Lydden and Snetterton

If you are going to go for a STI that's out of warrenty, it may be best to find a bug non PPP STI for less outlay, then modify yourself.

For example, a std 01 STI for <£12k then a TSL 333 package.
Old 03 May 2005, 09:03 AM
New_scooby_04

Hi,

I would argue that a professional inspection is vital regardless of your warranty arrangements: it's no fun having watching an abused car deteriorate even if you're not paying to patch it up! You should also run a HPI check, just to be safe.

Many Scoobies fall into the hands of enthusiasts and are very well cared for, but there are always going to be some that are abused. I don't think you'll get the buyer down to 15k £15995 is already a good price for the spec.

Regards,

NS04