Notices
ScoobyNet General General Subaru Discussion

Custom and Excise form (C&E 389)

Search this Thread

Old 13 May 2005, 11:58 AM
LUCKO
Scooby Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Question Custom and Excise form (C&E 389)

Can anyone please help???

I have a '97 type-r with a de-registration document, the idiot who supplied the vehicle has not got the c&e 389 and is not willing to help me whatsoever. It is now ready for the s.v.a.

How can i get a duplicate or get around this lack of paperwork?

Any input would be welcomed.... Cheers
Old 13 May 2005, 12:20 PM
mikeesingh
Scooby Regular

Location: Fastest 4 Clyinder Manual impreza 8.83 1/4 mile GT35 Billet

the importer need to fill it in, you can download pdf of HM customs & excise website
have emailed you the form
Old 13 May 2005, 01:32 PM
GC8
Scooby Regular

As far as Im aware a replacement 386 wont be supplied directly to you, where the original has been lost. If you contact HM C&E in Southampton (or where ever it landed) with the chasssis number and any other details they need, theyll forward a copy to the SVA centre where your test is being held. I found myself in a similar position when the GPO lost my 389 after my clearing agents sent it by recorded delivery.

As well as the Certificate of De-Registration, you will need a translation, which I hope that you have... The importer from who you bought the vehicle sounds like a total ****; itd be for the better if you named this fool to stop other people from finding themselves in a similar position.

I have to ask; as far as I was aware there wasnt a Model Report available for any 'Type-R'; who are you hiring it from and how much is it costing?

Simon

Last edited by GC8; 13 May 2005 at 03:21 PM.
Old 13 May 2005, 03:03 PM
LUCKO
Scooby Regular

you've heard the story about 'that' importer from up north who has taken monies off several people via e-bay.
i've been personally assured it will go through an s.v.a without a model report but i called southampton and they didn't seem interested!
got any phone numbers??

Cheers
Richard

Originally Posted by GC8
As far as Im aware a replacement 389 wont be supplied directly to you, where the original has been lost. If you contact HM C&E in Southampton (or where ever it landed) with the chasssis number and any other details they need, theyll forward a copy to the SVA centre where your test is being held. I found myself in a similar position when the GPO lost my 389 after my clearing agents sent it by recorded delivery.

As well as the Certificate of De-Registration, you will need a translation, which I hope that you have... The importer from who you bought the vehicle sounds like a total ****; itd be for the better if you named this fool to stop other people from finding themselves in a similar position.

I have to ask; as far as I was aware there wasnt a Model Report available for any 'Type-R'; who are you hiring it from and how much is it costing?

Simon
Old 13 May 2005, 03:13 PM
GC8
Scooby Regular

Matt Bond? Im surprised to hear that he has supplied a vehicle to anyone.

It will only 'go through without a Model Report' if it was manufactured during 1996. If its an STI3 Type-R then this is possible but seeing as they were introduced in November of 1996 theres only a slim chance that yours was manufactured early enough.

When you say that youve called 'Southampton' do you mean HM C&E? Ive always found C&E easy to deal with and helpful. Look in your Yellow Pages or local phone book for HM C&E enquiries and take it from there. They will help you but you have to help yourself and find the right people. Consider also that this car may have landed in Liverpool or even Newcastle.....

Simon
Old 13 May 2005, 03:20 PM
GC8
Scooby Regular

Start off by calling: 0845 010 9000 and explain that you own an imported vehicle that was supplied to you without a C386, you need to arrange for a duplicate to be supplied tot he test centre and you arent sure which port it came through.....

By the way; youve said 389, I assume that its a 386 that you need? This is the hand drawn form completed and stamped by the local C&E office after inspection/clearance that proves that all duties are paid. Assuming that it is then 'downloading a .pdf' as suggested elsewhere wont help as the form has to be completed (and stamped...) by the clearing office; otherwise its just a useless piece of paper.

Simon

Last edited by GC8; 13 May 2005 at 03:32 PM.
Old 13 May 2005, 03:31 PM
GC8
Scooby Regular

That Applied Model Code that Ive mentioned should be: 'GC8D2DD'.

Simon

Trending Topics

Old 13 May 2005, 04:48 PM
LUCKO
Scooby Regular

will check when get home, many thanks once again!!!!!!!!

Originally Posted by GC8
That Applied Model Code that Ive mentioned should be: 'GC8D2DD'.

Simon
Old 13 May 2005, 05:15 PM
GC8
Scooby Regular

Pleasure.