ScoobyNet General General Subaru Discussion

Police speed traps

Search this Thread

Old 13 May 2005, 02:27 PM
Sideways, the way forward
Scooby Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Unhappy Police speed traps

Got 3 points on my licence today.... pretty gutted although relieved that I didn't receive a court summons and a potential ban considering he got me with his speed gun doing 85 in a 40.

After he had stopped the traffic to allow me to reverse back to him he asked me for an explanation and I just shat it and said ermm...well.... ermm... i don't have any excuse officer. For my honesty he gave me 3 points and £60 fine... not toooo bad.

Anyway whilst he was filling out forms and making jokes about impreza drivers, his mate with the gun asked me if i wanted to have a go. Eager as a beaver I grabbed the device and aimed it at the nearest car, which was doing a very boring 35mph.

The cop explained that provided you can see the car through the site, it doesn't matter how far away you are. (scary). I clocked someone from 300 metres away in a split second. So beware!!!

also just for your information the T5 volvos they have are not modified in anyway at all (heard a while ago that they were).... so if you need to make a sharp exit (preferably along a windy b road) then it wouldn't be impossible to destroy a 5 tonne volvo T5 with a donut eating detective behind the wheel. (Wouldn't advise doing this really as the outcome would be far worse if you failed). Incidentally i have always wanted to have a blast against a policeman... think it would be lots of fun.

Last edited by Sideways, the way forward; 13 May 2005 at 02:42 PM.
Old 13 May 2005, 02:30 PM
RoRu
Scooby Regular

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Ain't life a BITCH sometimes ah?
Old 13 May 2005, 02:34 PM
Abdabz
Scooby Regular

Location: Tellins, Home of Super Leagues finest, and where a "split" is not all it seems.

The world would be so much better if there was no law...
Old 13 May 2005, 02:48 PM
Trashman
Scooby Regular

Oh how sad. I got the same for 82 in a 70. You sir are a ****.
Old 13 May 2005, 02:51 PM
jzr
Scooby Regular

there r some coppers out there that r fair but then there r some that are total t**ts an most seem to live here. My bro in law had his brand new scooby impounded, cost 150 sheets to get it out, The cop had it in for him for a while on the ticket it said sounded like he was speeding.
Old 13 May 2005, 03:15 PM
T4molie
Scooby Regular

85 in a 40? You're very lucky you didn't lose your license!!
Old 13 May 2005, 03:21 PM
andy97
Scooby Regular

Location: Api 500+bhp MD321T @91dB Probably SN's longest owner of an Impreza Turbo
Received 118 Likes on 103 Posts

Hi

You were lucky to get 3 points for that alleged offence. However you might not of been travelling that fast. Have you seen these laser guns giving a reading of 50mph when panned across a stationary wall!!.

Andy
Old 13 May 2005, 03:26 PM
cookstar
Scooby Regular

i thought that anything more than 30 over the limit, it was straight to court.

Lucky lucky.

You might have got away scott free if you had been wearing a skirt... lol

Not a sexist comment, my g/f got pulled, on one of these stupid 30 MPH country lanes. not sure exactly how fast she was going but it must have been pushing 60MPH. got told off then got back in car 5 mins later smiling..........WITH A WARNING.

This same road just last year i got done for 41.

Makes you think...
Old 13 May 2005, 11:22 PM
Mick
Scooby Senior

Received 4 Likes on 2 Posts
Lightbulb

Originally Posted by cookstar
i thought that anything more than 30 over the limit, it was straight to court.

Lucky lucky.

You might have got away scott free if you had been wearing a skirt... lol

Not a sexist comment, my g/f got pulled, on one of these stupid 30 MPH country lanes. not sure exactly how fast she was going but it must have been pushing 60MPH. got told off then got back in car 5 mins later smiling..........WITH A WARNING.

This same road just last year i got done for 41.

Makes you think...
- Have you seen 'sideways the way forward' in a skirt??? Would it turn a policemans head

Mick
Old 13 May 2005, 11:53 PM
Sideways, the way forward
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by Mick
- Have you seen 'sideways the way forward' in a skirt??? Would it turn a policemans head

Mick
Believe me.... if i'd have been wearing a skirt...not only would he have wanted to sleep with me but he would have been paying me instead of fining me!
Old 13 May 2005, 11:56 PM
Stevie.p
Scooby Regular

Cool

LUCKY BOY !!

You could very easily have been looking at a minimum 12 month ban now .

I always believe that if you are reasonable with the fed's by not getting cocky then most of the time they will be fair with you and sometimes honesty is the best policy as shown today
Old 14 May 2005, 12:06 AM
dexter
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by Stevie.p
LUCKY BOY !!

You could very easily have been looking at a minimum 12 month ban now .

I always believe that if you are reasonable with the fed's by not getting cocky then most of the time they will be fair with you and sometimes honesty is the best policy as shown today
Very true !
Old 14 May 2005, 12:20 AM
pslewis
Scooby Regular

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

85 in a 40??

You should be locked away in the showers with Big Gay Joe and a tube of K-Y Jelly!!

And PLEASE stop calling them the Feds' FFS .... thats the American term and not applicable here!!

Pete
Old 14 May 2005, 04:45 AM
New To Scoob
Scooby Regular

Lucky B springs to mind, BTW a T5 with a fully trained police driver will probably give you and damn good run for your money, so it probably aint worth tring.

John.
Old 14 May 2005, 09:43 AM
MaDaSS
Scooby Regular

The simple fact is, the Police driver will have already got your number plate, so what would you be running from? And i agree with the above post too. They are bloody good drivers, traffic cops. I would like an ounce of thier talent.
Old 14 May 2005, 10:08 AM
FirebirdUK
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by MaDaSS
They are bloody good drivers, traffic cops.
They are, but only on normal roads...

I went on a rally course, and some traffic cops were there on the same day (quite smug they were too)...

Anyway, as part of the course, the instructor took you round a rally course in a forest (so it was all gravel and mud type roads). After the coppers had sat in as passengers, they were quick to comment "if we'd been trying to pursue the instructor around that course, we wouldn't have caught him". It was quite funny - they certainly lost their smugness after the instructor showed them what to do! Different sort of driving I suppose...

Funny thing was - I thought I was an assertive driver until it was my turn to be a passenger - I was a bit of a nervous passenger - especially when we were tanking it towards a 90 degree blind right turn with the car pointing left

The other thing I found funny - they were works rally drivers for another Japanese manufacturer, but they drove Scoobies