ScoobyNet General General Subaru Discussion

So how much is it worth!!!!

Search this Thread

Old 13 May 2005, 03:56 PM
Maylee
Scooby Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Unhappy So how much is it worth!!!!

As Im emigrating to oz ive gotta sell my babe I have a dealer calling me so any ideas as to how much i may get for my impreza wrx turbo my04.

I really wanted to take it but its gonna cost 6000 to ship.

Help anyone

Mx
Old 13 May 2005, 04:03 PM
GC8
Scooby Regular

£6,000 ? Theyre having a laugh! It will cost a fraction of that to ship in a 20ft container and you can put some of your other durable posessions in there too. As a comparison itd cost £400 to RO-RO it from Japan and containering costs well under double.

Simon
Old 13 May 2005, 04:11 PM
Maylee
Scooby Regular

apparently I cant put anything else in the container! So do I cut my losses and but new out there?

cheers

Mx
Old 13 May 2005, 04:12 PM
MadMark
Scooby Regular

Wow! RoRo is much cheaper than a container though!

I used to be in shipping and so pulled a few contacts to bring my Golf VR6 back from Hong Kong to Felixstowe. This was a few years ago but I did it for about £1,200 all in!

Keep trying Maylee - they're having a laugh!
Old 13 May 2005, 04:16 PM
GC8
Scooby Regular

Just spoken to this fella about a 20ft container from Aus to England; he said call and hell give you a sensible price: 0800 7311747.

Btw; the container is yours and the remaining space is yours to fill.

Simon
Old 13 May 2005, 04:24 PM
ian_sadler
Scooby Regular

You know I've made you an offer for the car Mx
Old 13 May 2005, 04:48 PM
Maylee
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by ian_sadler
You know I've made you an offer for the car Mx

you know ian, tempted as I am i think that a tenner is to low, now if you can stretch to 12.50 I may sit down and discuss this, (after the sun has gone down that is!! hahahahaha)

Mx
Old 13 May 2005, 04:51 PM
Maylee
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by GC8
Just spoken to this fella about a 20ft container from Aus to England; he said call and hell give you a sensible price: 0800 7311747.

Btw; the container is yours and the remaining space is yours to fill.

Simon
Hey Simon

Your a star babe, so who is this fella, does he have a name? Mummy always told me about fellas with no name. The container if from England to Oz though is that a problem!!

Thanks again Simon

Mx
Old 13 May 2005, 05:05 PM
MadMark
Scooby Regular

Try these people too Maylee: Car Shipping to AUSTRALIA

The top section of this page contains a summary of information related to shipping your car to Australia. Please see below, and follow the links above, for further details.

A car is shipped in a ‘sole use’ sealed 20’ Container from the Barking/East London warehouse. Ships sail every week taking 4–5 weeks in transit to:

Fremantle/Perth
Adelaide
Melbourne
Sydney
Brisbane

A booking is made by completing our application for shipping space form and can be made up to 3 months or as little as one week before shipment. A copy of the UK registration document is required.

The Personal Import requirements are normally that Australian permanent residency is required with only one car per person allowed which must have been owned and used in the UK for a minimum period of 12 months unless the vehicle is over 15 years old.

Personal Import Approval is required by sending an application for import approval form to DoTaRS in Canberra with copies of the car and personal papers and takes 3–5 weeks to obtain. Although this is only required at the Australian port it should be obtained before shipment of the vehicle from the UK.

The costs due in the UK are for shipping and optional marine insurance cover payable at the time of shipment. In Australia costs are payable for port fees and container unpacking, customs fees and clearance, quarantine inspection and possibly cleaning, road safety preparation and a roadworthy test, as well as, annual registration, possibly stamp duty, and driving insurance.

Australian Import Taxes on most cars are 10% Duty (5% for ‘off road’ 4wd vehicles) and 10% Gst. Duty is paid on the customs value and Gst is paid on the total of the customs value + duty + cost of shipment.
e.g Shipment of cost for duty purposes of £1,000 and £15,000 Cutoms Value = £1,500 Import Duty + £1,750 Gst. Import Tax Total = £3,250

If a vehicle was purchased before March 1998 then the Customs Value is based on the UK purchase price less a depreciation allowance. More usually is that the Customs Value is based on the Australian ‘as landed’ value which can be as low as half of the actual Australian market value.

Valuation method advice can be obtained from Australian Customs and the destination clearance agent can recommend a local valuer for an ‘as landed’ valuation estimate. An initial guide to the full Australian market value is available at www.redbook.com.au.

Items packed inside a car travel free of charge. A list of goods is required by customs and quarantine and these would be cleared separately from the vehicle.

An upper guide to the total costs would be £1,300–£1,400 shipping, £100–£300 marine insurance, A$2,000–A$2,500 in Australia including annual registration and insurance.

Procedure:
Read our website
Contact us for a written quotation
Decide to ship a car
Send to us a completed shipping form and send to Canberra a completed personal import approval application form
We arrange the export
Canberra issues an import approval
The car is handed to us and we ship it to Australia
We send the shipping papers to you
Shipping papers are put together with the import approval and all your car papers for the authorities when the car arrives
An Agent can assist with the import
Obtain a valuation when the car arrives
Pay the import taxes
The car is collected and then made roadworthy and registered.
Old 13 May 2005, 05:09 PM
GC8
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by Maylee
Hey Simon

Your a star babe, so who is this fella, does he have a name? Mummy always told me about fellas with no name. The container if from England to Oz though is that a problem!!

Thanks again Simon

Mx
My little brother is temporarily returning to England and hes bringing a new Land Rover Defender 130" with him; your post reminded me that I needed to do something about it..... I need to go from Sydney to Felixstowe but the containers go both ways...! I dont know the blokes name but he said hed quote you so itll be a starting point at least. See that you get a container and not just space in the container.

Simon
Old 13 May 2005, 05:10 PM
Group Captain Smudger
Scooby Regular

53s are 13700 on the forecourt with 20K.
Old 16 May 2005, 09:25 AM
Maylee
Scooby Regular

thanks all, youve been really helpful x