Notices
ScoobyNet General General Subaru Discussion

Dare I say it - is a scooby now a chav-motor??

Search this Thread

Old 02 June 2005, 06:55 PM
porkerboy
Scooby Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Dare I say it - is a scooby now a chav-motor??

Ok, not saying all scooby owners are chavs - far far from it.

Have noticed a lot of burberry caps driving '95 wrx etc.

In fact out with a pal in his evo 320FQ - and a moron in a 94 wrx drove 2 feet off his chuff for 2miles and then gave the t**ser sign as he went passed. Totally unprovoked and he was wearing a burberry cap. Would have thought a fellow scooby driver would have more respect for such a car.

Dont get me wrong - I have a scooby - but noticed a drop in the "standard" of driver recently.

Comments??
Old 02 June 2005, 06:58 PM
captain ted
Scooby Regular

Thing is.

The old shape is now quite affordable to many boy racers.

People putting the likes of dump valves on them to sound like a lorry doesn't help either.

Ted.
Old 02 June 2005, 07:00 PM
pslewis
Scooby Regular

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

The Saloons are ....

The Wagons are still aloof and class .... a wolf in sheeps clothing

Pete
Old 02 June 2005, 07:01 PM
GC8
Scooby Regular

The days of Scooby owning camaraderie and waiting lists with high residuals are long gone Im afraid.

Simon
Old 02 June 2005, 07:04 PM
GC8
Scooby Regular

I have a virtually standard 'Wagon, just like my Uncle Pete!
Old 02 June 2005, 07:07 PM
cookstar
Scooby Regular

If people are constantly on and on about "chavs" and "scoobs" then yes they will become a chav car.

I have said before and said again, if a younger person works as hard as i had to to buy mine then good luck to him.

Just because a driver is under say 25 does not make him a chav, I'm sure not many people know what the hell a chav is, and just refer to any young person as one. Im 25, was 24 when i got my scoob. Was driving a Lotus when i was 23 etc. Does that make me a chav??

LIGHTEN UP!
Old 02 June 2005, 07:15 PM
jbwrx300
Scooby Regular

Talking

Originally Posted by porkerboy

Dont get me wrong - I have a scooby - but noticed a drop in the "standard" of driver recently.

Comments??
Yep, now I've ordered one its definately gone to the chavs, er dogs.

I'm picking mine up on Sat morning, and as I speak as the weather has cleared up I'm just off to scout some washing lines to rob a burberry hat, paul and shark t-shirt, reebok jog pants and rockports from someones porch.

**** I nearly forgot the white sports spock to tuck my jog pants in, and the kappa hooded top I happy slapped someone for someone last week

I'm going to Argos tomorrow for a big **** off gold chain for a tenner and then
on Friday night I'll find myself a gormless looking underage spotty slag with 2 kids to **** illegally (but I'm a gentleman chav, I'll wait until she's finished her stelloh), and most importantly sit in the front of my mint car looking at me like a god cos i'm getting the ultimate chavmobile.

By then the uniform will be complete and I shouldn't get as many funny looks when I walk in the dealers to pick up the scooby as I did last time when I walked in with my suit on!

The first thing I'll do when I turn the keys is ask where the fog light switches are and the press the front ones on and pull the switch off or tape it up so I dont need to worry about turning it off.

And then, when I finally get home I'm going to reflect on why I sold the Z4 for this easily dented, worse than a leon cupra r, worse than a clio 172, slower than a fuking 1.3 Nova SR, badly engineered chav mobile.

I will probably remember when I've got through the first couple of thousand miles, when all the above are eating my dust. Thats if nobody breaks into my house in the meantime and nicks the ******. lol
Old 02 June 2005, 07:17 PM
Aztec Performance Ltd
Former Sponsor

fooking pmsl

awesome
Old 02 June 2005, 07:23 PM
Jay m A
Scooby Regular

Location: Class record holder at Pembrey Llandow Goodwood MIRA Hethel Blyton Curborough Lydden and Snetterton

Originally Posted by jbwrx300

I'm picking mine up on Sat morning, and as I speak as the weather has cleared up I'm just off to scout some washing lines to rob a burberry hat, paul and shark t-shirt, reebok jog pants and rockports from someones porch.

**** I nearly forgot the white sports spock to tuck my jog pants in, and the kappa hooded top I happy slapped someone for someone last week

on Friday night I'll find myself a gormless looking underage spotty slag with 2 kids to **** illegally (but I'm a gentleman chav, I'll wait until she's finished her stelloh), and most importantly sit in the front of my mint car looking at me like a god cos i'm getting the ultimate chavmobile.

By then the uniform will be complete and I shouldn't get as many funny looks when I walk in the dealers to pick up the scooby as I did last time when I walked in with my suit on!

The first thing I'll do when I turn the keys is ask where the fog light switches are and the press the front ones on and pull the switch off or tape it up so I dont need to worry about turning it off.

And then, when I finally get home I'm going to reflect on why I sold the Z4 for this easily dented, worse than a leon cupra r, worse than a clio 172, slower than a fuking 1.3 Nova SR, badly engineered chav mobile.

I will probably remember when I've got through the first couple of thousand miles, when all the above are eating my dust. Thats if nobody breaks into my house in the meantime and nicks the ******. lol

PMSL

Don't forget the VTA, flamer kit, neons and spinners etc.

I have a MY95 impreza, looks dead scummy next to the Westfield and the A6 avant
booboo
Scooby Regular

Excellent............nice one mate.

BTW i have never seen a towney (chav) driving a Subaru.......ever.
jbwrx300
Scooby Regular

Bollocks, I forgot the dump valve, thanks for reminding me!

psssssssssssssssssssccheeeeeeeeeeeewwwwww

And this picture some ****** took of me and mi bird. You can **** her for a tenner if you want.
http://www.chavscum.co.uk/4images/de...?image_id=2608

Leave your name here if you are interested and I'll PM you when I run out of petrol

Last edited by jbwrx300; 02 June 2005 at 07:33 PM. Reason: Found this picture of me and mi bird
Old 02 June 2005, 07:24 PM
GC8
Scooby Regular

I'm going to Argos tomorrow for a big **** off gold chain
Lizzie Duke You cant fault her!

Old 02 June 2005, 07:28 PM
captain ted
Scooby Regular

Bollocks, I forgot the dump valve, thanks for reminding me!

psssssssssssssssssssccheeeeeeeeeeeewwwwww
Should come as standard so we can all sound like **** coming down the street!
Old 02 June 2005, 07:31 PM
Dave_A
Scooby Regular

*yawn*

Dave
Old 02 June 2005, 07:33 PM
captain ted
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by Dave_A
*yawn*

Dave
Keeping you up?
Old 02 June 2005, 07:53 PM
jbwrx300
Scooby Regular

Seriously though, whatever you buy (or I buy) I get **** for.

I work very hard all week to have a nice house, nice car and keep the Mrs happy.

In the last few years whenever I have bought a car, the comments have been:

Impreza: You'll look like a right ******
Z4: Its a bit gay isnt it
VX220 Turbo: What the **** is that, its a vauxhall you tosser
Fiat Stilo Abarth (all comments valid) - I am a ****!!!!! but still a decent car.

Yet a mate has just bought a clio 182 cup and people seem to think he has bought some sort of motoring icon. Granted its a decent motor but for me it... its a clio ffs.

Every performance/prestige car, no matter how good is given a stereotype by brainless morons who haven't ever seen owning one until it is at least 5 years old cos they are busy pissing their money up against a wall.

Unfortunately, the classic scoob is simply now becoming a victim of its own success and popularity and all impreza drivers are being laughed at by association.

Personally I couldnt give a rats **** what anyone thinks (unless they are thinking they would like to rob it lol), plenty of other cars are just the same.
Old 02 June 2005, 08:02 PM
pslewis
Scooby Regular

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Come on, anyone who has their car re-mapped, big exhaust fitted, only runs on Optimax, Massive rear wing, PINK STi badges, Gold Wheels, renews their MAF's every 12 months, has a pathetic Traffic light cocklink ....

IS A RAVING CHAV!!!!

There is NO question at all about it!

Pete
Old 02 June 2005, 08:04 PM
cookstar
Scooby Regular

You must be getting rather bored, reading a "chav" site now, seeing as most people on here have most of the thinks that you listed.
Old 02 June 2005, 08:14 PM
jbwrx300
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by pslewis
car re-mapped, big exhaust fitted,
IS A RAVING CHAV!!!!

Pete
So you were lying about how good a PPP'd wrx was when you drove it then, in fact you thought it was a blatent chavmobile.

Perhaps you could update the thread?

Here
http://bbs.scoobynet.co.uk/showthread.php?t=428952
Old 02 June 2005, 08:16 PM
captain ted
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by pslewis
Come on, anyone who has their car re-mapped, big exhaust fitted, only runs on Optimax, Massive rear wing, PINK STi badges, Gold Wheels, renews their MAF's every 12 months, has a pathetic Traffic light cocklink ....

IS A RAVING CHAV!!!!

Pete
For once Mr Lewis speaks the truth.

I too have an un-modded 5 door.

Why mess with a perfectly good car. That's what Novas are for.

Ted.
Old 02 June 2005, 08:30 PM
s70rjw
Scooby Senior

Originally Posted by captain ted
For once Mr Lewis speaks the truth.

I too have an un-modded 5 door.

Why mess with a perfectly good car. That's what Novas are for.

Ted.
Its the driver thats a Chav. Not every Scoob is a Chavmobile. Just because some of the breed are driven by persons who dress as though they've ramraided Burberrys wrapped in glue doesn't me we all do.
AND doesn't Daniella Westbrook drive a new Range Rover and a Z4? So do Range Rover / Z4 owners worry that people may associate them with her?
Its a car drive it if you like it. Sell it if you worry what people may think of you because you drive a Scoob. Easy
Old 02 June 2005, 09:04 PM
rb5ban91r
Scooby Regular

great so i buy a car literally one week ago v plate impreza and already i'm listed as chav good job i'm not one. totally standard i might add only add on is dump valve ( gimme some **** come on ) tbh i like the idea of having a standard car on the outside and doing stuff under the bonnet like someone said sheep in wolves clothing ...... i have to be truthful as well i thought a heck of alot of buisness type with volvo's beemers and those new shape vectras would br 1/2 " from my **** end but no... still love the car, love the drive everything.... mind you i did go from a rover 620 turbo....
Old 02 June 2005, 09:17 PM
jbwrx300
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by s70rjw
AND doesn't Daniella Westbrook drive a new Range Rover and a Z4? So do Range Rover / Z4 owners worry that people may associate them with her?
Range Rover owners are far more worried about hiding their stash and Machine Guns from the police than Daniella Westbrook dragging the image down.

If I had £60k to spend on a car, i couldn't give a toss what anyone thinks. At the end of the day its jealousy, just like someone who can only afford a £12k clio is jealous of a scooby costing twice as much.

Just
Old 02 June 2005, 09:45 PM
Rokay
Scooby Regular

The Wagons are still aloof and class .... a wolf in sheeps clothing
Old 02 June 2005, 10:45 PM
dexter
Scooby Regular

The Scooby is not a Chav`s car. It is simply more attainable to the masses, now that some models have been around for a while.

Nuff said.
Old 03 June 2005, 09:25 AM
Avalyn
Scooby Regular

The Scoob (by default) is not a chav car and having a scoob does not make the owner a chav ... but ... you can

(a) be a chav a have a Scoob (cue owner with Burberry, Lizzie Duke, sport socks, white adi trainers, 1 whole tub of gel in short hair combed forward, lovely ear rings (I thought they were for girls ) etc etc)

(b) Make your scoob look like a chav mobile (cue Lexus lights mahoosive exhaust pipe, lots of stupid F&F stickers and graphics, bling bling alloys, poor bodykits etc etc)

(c) Both (a) and (b) which seems now to be quite a common sight

.... you can though look 'normal' and drive a nice scoob either standard or tastefully modded (i.e. PPP or PHP or some nice prodrive (not FOX ) alloys).

IMHO you do not have a chav car whether it's a classic, bug, blob, or abomination that is the MY06 .. it's what you do to it that can make it 'chav'.

I drive a standard MY05 wagon and had an MY00 wagon before. I still sometimes hanker after a classic PPP car with PD7's

Avalyn.
Old 03 June 2005, 09:49 AM
STi wanna Subaru
Scooby Regular

Of course it's a chav car. Just drive through Bradford and see the number of 'Max power' Impreza's. The image is terrible but they are still good cars.
Old 03 June 2005, 10:08 AM
peachy wrx
Scooby Regular

most scooby owners round my way are 40+ and drive no more than 50mph but i wouldn't go round saying its an old farts car!

i'm 25 and yea i often wear a baseball cap and reebok classics,i spend money on a great car to make it even better and thats me! i'd still be me if i drove a bently!

i dont go round raceing everything on the road! thats for idiots that wanna end up in prison or die early!

if these young guys wanna spend there hard earned money on there cars then good luck to them!

but i'm young and wear clothes that dale winton wouldn't,drive a car that stupidly fast,sits very low on 17"s and rumbles.......so i'm a chav!

biggest chav iv'e ever seen drove a ferrari 360!
Old 03 June 2005, 10:34 AM
EddScott
Scooby Regular

Received 64 Likes on 32 Posts

This looks like a car driven by a Chav then does it?

Seems to suit the scoobynet profile of "Chav" quite nicely. The kiddie in the background is mine. Had her before I was 25 and out of wedlock. My GF missed out being a teenage bride by only 3 months!!! We only have 1 child, not 7 so we are a little behind at the moment.

You may now throw your hands in the air in shock,horror,contempt - please delete as appropriate.

I thank you.

Last edited by EddScott; 03 June 2005 at 10:37 AM.
Old 03 June 2005, 10:36 AM
peachy wrx
Scooby Regular

i think thats gorgous edd!

Quick Reply: Dare I say it - is a scooby now a chav-motor??