ScoobyNet General General Subaru Discussion

Like busses...

Search this Thread

Old 06 June 2005, 11:38 AM
Jiggerypokery
Scooby Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Like busses...

Thinking I might never see one on the road in my life, I was quite happy to see THREE McLaren F1's on Friday - one of them a GTR!

The nice lady at the Eurotunnel said she couldn't hear much because of "that noisy thing behind" (The GTR )

The third one was red.

Anyway, after a visit to Omaha beach, I returned to the car to find six young French lads looking around the Scooby, taking photos with their mobile phones! They were very excited to see the car as they don't see many in France, they thanked me and one of them shouted "C'est magnifique!" when walking off.

Later in Arromanche, it's happening again! A small crowd was gathering - this time it was the pslewis generation Even the ladies were looking at the car, (probably checkin' out my gauges ) The rear suspension is slightly lower than normal - 125kg of fine French wine has that effect!

All in all, a great way to spend a weekend, 675 miles on some great roads with very light traffic.
Old 06 June 2005, 12:12 PM
FirebirdUK
Scooby Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Had the same admiration for my MY03 STi when I was over in France recently

We were having a meal in a restaurant and could see the car parked up in the car park opposite. When we pulled up we noticed a large group of lads/men sat at a nearby bar looking at the car.

After about 15 minutes, one of them couldn't wait any longer and decided he had to go over to the car and have a look inside. Funny thing was - I remote started the engine He jumped back and was looking around to see who/how that had happened Must have thought it was "Le Candid Camera" or it was Knight Rider (my car is black)