ScoobyNet General General Subaru Discussion

Removing Centre Console from Bug Eye

Search this Thread

Old 21 June 2005, 01:11 PM
scg
Scooby Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Removing Centre Console from Bug Eye

Ok new stereo hopefully going in this weekend, so I need to remove the centre console.

Am I right in thinking I just need to unscrew the 2 screws behind the cup holder and give the centre console a good old yank or is there more to it?

Done a search and aint too much about it....any thoughts on the subject welcome.
Old 21 June 2005, 01:24 PM
AndyMoody
Scooby Regular

No, that is about all you need to do. There are no screws holding the bit with the heater controls in place, it just pulls out.

If you look in the ICE section this has been covered many times and Chairk will probably read this and give you a link to his site explaining exactly what you need to do.

Andy.
Old 21 June 2005, 01:38 PM
pippyrips
Scooby Regular

scg,

your right - firstly remove the cup holder and pull it out paying attention not to mark the trim underneath. you will then be able to pull the stereo surround trim out as it is only held by clips, just work your hands around the outide to undone each one. then its just a case of unscrewing the double din unit (6 screws - n.b. make sure they don't drop down behind the centre tunnel!) taking off the mounting brackets and putting them on the new stereo. You can get a tray compartment wityh a flip lid that is almost a perfect match to the rest of the silver surround from a forrester - if you do a search you should find the part number pretty quickly

good luck!
Old 21 June 2005, 08:04 PM
scg
Scooby Regular

ta to both the above. I've already got hold of a Cd tray from another Impreza to cope with losing the double din unit (what a sad occasion that'll be!) I'll see if I can find the link to Chairk's site. Hope the speakers and crossover go in with the same amount of ease!