Notices
ScoobyNet General General Subaru Discussion
View Poll Results: Do you like seeing and using the word CHAV on here?
I'm sick of seeing the word CHAV
67.57%
I like to use & see the word CHAV, it says it all
8.11%
Not bothered either way
24.32%
Voters: 111. You may not vote on this poll

CHAV!!! Are you sick of hearing it on here?

Search this Thread

Old 21 June 2005, 02:38 PM
WRXtra power
Scooby Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default CHAV!!! Are you sick of hearing it on here?

Chav Chav Chav, it's all I see on here and it's getting very sad now.

Before I got a scooby I would look on this forum now and again looking for tips and general info and the word chav was about but not to the level it's at now. It's saying alot about the imagination level of some people on here and in reflection it's just sad.

The thing is that the people who use the word don't even really understand what the word really means. In their opinion, anyone under the age of 35 who own's a Impreza or similar car is a chav.

It's like being back at school, some tw*t comes up with a word that him and his *** licking mates think its obviously cool to go round calling everything by the same name.
"EEErrrrr homework is chav man"
"Shut up mum, Ya Chav"
"123 x 753 = chav"
"Your a Chav" - "I know you are but what am I?"

Blaaa Blaaa Blaaa

Anyway I have gone on enough and just realised how much I have just used the word Chav myself...

Love it or hate it, vote your little chav heads off!!!
Old 21 June 2005, 02:44 PM
Stainy
Scooby Regular

chav
Old 21 June 2005, 02:47 PM
wilkoca
Scooby Regular

Smile

Chitty Chitty Chav Chav
Old 21 June 2005, 02:48 PM
WRXtra power
Scooby Regular

I know you are but what am I?

Get a life you gimp. I didn't start this to have a bitching session .
Old 21 June 2005, 02:58 PM
TheBigMan
Scooby Regular

It's a website for Impreza owners, chavs will be mentioned on here by default and definition.

Using SN and NOT seeing chav related things is like going to the library and not seeing any books.
Old 21 June 2005, 03:05 PM
New_scooby_04

Originally Posted by TheBigMan
It's a website for Impreza owners, chavs will be mentioned on here by default and definition.

Using SN and NOT seeing chav related things is like going to the library and not seeing any books.
Apparently you've not been to our local library!! Very few books! Bloody council!
Full of chavs though!

Seriously, I don't really care if people use it or not. Just as I don't care if the scooby has become a chav car!. I buys what I like and I likes what I buys!

Now, where's me orange bird, me white lightning, me JD trackie, me Lizzy Duke rings and me max'd Nova?

NS04
Old 21 June 2005, 03:10 PM
Graz
Scooby Regular

It's an unfortunate thing that the Impreza is becoming affordable to the typical afficionado of the burberry baseball cap. Don't forget they have been around for the best part of 10 yrs so an early classic can be had for a few £1000. Of course they are still expensive to run and insure (those that bother ) so still remains a cut able the normal Nova type clutter.

However it only takes a few irresponsible individuals to start ruining the brand image. I would say your pretty safe with a new age model, but the classic is starting to lose it As a classic owner myself it's not something I'm particularly happy about, mine cost me a fair few ££ when I bought it and it's only a 5yr old car at the end of the day (MY00) so not some old banger. To top it all the newsletter from the local council ran an article about the clamp down on the boy racers that use the one-way system as a racing circuit, what picture did they choose to accompany this article, a classic shaped scoob
Old 21 June 2005, 03:14 PM
Gutmann pug
Scooby Regular

It appears to be used mostly to identify kids who are doing things with cars that we all did years ago when we were younger ....

Anyone remember ;-

wide rear wheels, skinny fronts
jacked up rear, bigger wheels
Louvre on back windows
Painting in the tyre manf name on their tyres
cibie oscars

The list goes on and if done today we would be labelled a chav ........

Im with you and hate the word ....... bench of tedious half wits with very short memories who use it IMHO

Gary
Old 21 June 2005, 03:38 PM
BedHog
Scooby Regular

Getting a bit of a bore now, but unfortunately if that's how the car is percieved by some people it's better to know than stick your head in the sand.....

Better check your reflection next time you walk past a mirror lol

As Graz said it only takes a few to affect a brand image - for good or bad.

I'm pretty safe with my Bugeye Wagon though
Old 21 June 2005, 03:51 PM
dmc1980
Scooby Regular

To be honest the word really pisses me off.
Yes im young, yes i have a classic subaru, but as someone else said, it cost me a brave few quid (to me anyway) as its a MY00.
But people see a young person, in a subaru and automatically think chav. I dont own a pair of track suit bottoms, I wear a suit to work everyday, I dont drink cider, I wouldnt dream of buying burburry (sp) but i do have a vta dump valve. So how does this make me a chav, I have no idea. I have things because i like them, my subaru, my suits, my bike, and they are all there because I have worked hard to have them. The thing im starting to think is that the older generation that use the word so freely to describe the younger generation are jealous of the fact that its took them to 50 or so to have the nice things in life, like there cars etc
Old 21 June 2005, 04:06 PM
WRXtra power
Scooby Regular

Big nail, on the head! You just hit it....
Old 21 June 2005, 04:06 PM
TaffyB
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by dmc1980
Yes im young, yes i have a classic subaru, but as someone else said, it cost me a brave few quid (to me anyway) as its a MY00.
But people see a young person, in a subaru and automatically think chav. I dont own a pair of track suit bottoms, I wear a suit to work everyday, I dont drink cider, I wouldnt dream of buying burburry (sp) but i do have a vta dump valve. So how does this make me a chav, I have no idea. I have things because i like them, my subaru, my suits, my bike, and they are all there because I have worked hard to have them. The thing im starting to think is that the older generation that use the word so freely to describe the younger generation are jealous of the fact that its took them to 50 or so to have the nice things in life, like there cars etc
GOOD EFFORT !!!

I'm 21 got MY95 uk turbo, love it to bits, costs me a fortune cos it stays in the sticks in wales and i get to drive it usually about 2 a month, but i work hard to keep it and have to sacrifice loads.

Getting labelled automatically with the "chav" image is just unfair, 9 times out of 10, young lads on here try their best to avoid doing anything that could be persieved as being "chavish" anyways.

Granted i do own a 205 gti as my 2nd car runabout, but that might be getting track prepared anyways, plus loadsa people got them on SN. So does that make me a chav?
Old 21 June 2005, 04:07 PM
silver demon
Scooby Regular

Received 9 Likes on 6 Posts

I'm with you m8! fed up with chav this, chav that.
Just fitted a dump valve on my WRX and I'd normally post pics up of new mods i've done, but I couldn't do with all the replies about "why u done that m8 there chav!"
Old 21 June 2005, 04:09 PM
New_scooby_04

Originally Posted by Graz
Of course they are still expensive to run and insure (those that bother ) so still remains a cut able the normal Nova type clutter.

Indeed. I really don't believe that many what I would deem as 'real chavs' can afford to run a Scooby, classic or not. They all still drive Corsas or Novas around my way.

NS04
wilkoca
Scooby Regular

I honestly don't know what the fuss is about i've been called chav because of my car so what!I've been called worse but its only name calling, don't rise to their bait.

Anyway the suns shining, work can wait i'm off to have a "sprited" drive.
rossi_p
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by dmc1980
Couldn't have said it better myself!
Old 21 June 2005, 04:15 PM
TaffyB
Scooby Regular

It is unfair, i'm sure like myself, us young drivers love our cars as much as any others and the reason we all use SN is to share stuff, learn more, and chat to every other user on SN, but we would never dream of labelling older members.

Yes scoobs are getting cheaper, but everything does its just life. We cant stop people from buying cars or chose who buys them. But what we do all know on SN, everyone thats on this site is all here for one reason "THEY LOVE THEIR CAR !! " & we are all enthuisiasts

I doubt you'll find any Chavs that love their cars as we do, hence why they arent members of this site. instead they are sat in Macdonalds car park.

So arent we all equals on here?
Old 21 June 2005, 04:17 PM
ScooByer Trade
Scooby Regular

Lets go out play on the slide and splash instead of talking about sad little farts because it's BORING.
Old 21 June 2005, 04:22 PM
wilkoca
Scooby Regular

Lets go out play on the slide and splash instead of talking about sad little farts because it's BORIN

Can i come i've got a frizbee its got Buzz Lightyear on it
Old 21 June 2005, 04:28 PM
ScooByer Trade
Scooby Regular

I don't own a slide 'n' splash but i'am not bothered about that i'm in croatia and only 25 seconds from the adriatic sea ( that subject is worth a chat or a poll or both ).
Old 21 June 2005, 04:29 PM
STi wanna Subaru
Scooby Regular

Impreza = Chav. FACT!
Old 21 June 2005, 04:36 PM
LINX
Scooby Newbie

Wink

Chavynet.............
Old 21 June 2005, 04:44 PM
ScooByer Trade
Scooby Regular

Not really my dad is 50 years old, he owns a bmw 750il 96 n reg 90,000 miles, he is now the proud owner of a 3 floor villa in croatia, he owns a toyota landcruiser ( owned for 14 years ), also owns 2 motorbikes, my dad owned a car sales garage in Cheadle, Staffordshire of which we had bought 8 Subaru's ( three type r's, one sport, one Version 5 4 door and 3 Colin Mcrea's also many many bmw's and motorbikes, 2 4x4's, 3 mpv's, one merc etc ). He said to me that he would of bought a scooby when he was younger. So impreza = chav is not true.
Old 21 June 2005, 04:45 PM
baz69birds
Scooby Regular

well cant be as BAD as being called

BAZ da CHAV
which is my nick name at the E.S.C club
Old 21 June 2005, 04:47 PM
STi wanna Subaru
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by ScooByer Trade
Not really my dad is 50 years old, he owns a bmw 750il 96 n reg 90,000 miles, he is now the proud owner of a 3 floor villa in croatia, he owns a toyota landcruiser ( owned for 14 years ), also owns 2 motorbikes, my dad owned a car sales garage in Cheadle, Staffordshire of which we had bought 8 Subaru's ( three type r's, one sport, one Version 5 4 door and 3 Colin Mcrea's also many many bmw's and motorbikes, 2 4x4's, 3 mpv's, one merc etc ). He said to me that he would of bought a scooby when he was younger. So impreza = chav is not true.
like that makes sense

it's not about who owns the car that makes it chav it's the car itself. The impreza by nature is loud, garish, OTT, anti-social etc etc. All the things that are associated with what Chav is. Doesn't mean they are bad cars.
Old 21 June 2005, 04:49 PM
ScooByer Trade
Scooby Regular

Also i seen many times my dad in builders clothes and i wouldn't my dad a chav trust me.
Old 21 June 2005, 04:50 PM
WRXtra power
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by STi wanna Subaru
like that makes sense

it's not about who owns the car that makes it chav it's the car itself. The impreza by nature is loud, garish, OTT, anti-social etc etc. All the things that are associated with what Chav is. Doesn't mean they are bad cars.
Best not buy that tank I was looking at then
Old 21 June 2005, 04:52 PM
brybusa
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by ScooByer Trade
Not really my dad is 50 years old, he owns a bmw 750il 96 n reg 90,000 miles, he is now the proud owner of a 3 floor villa in croatia, he owns a toyota landcruiser ( owned for 14 years ), also owns 2 motorbikes, my dad owned a car sales garage in Cheadle, Staffordshire of which we had bought 8 Subaru's (three type r's, one sport, one Version 5 4 door and 3 Colin Mcrea's also many many bmw's and motorbikes, 2 4x4's, 3 mpv's, one merc etc ). He said to me that he would of bought a scooby when he was younger. So impreza = chav is not true.
But I bet you dad wouldnt buy, use or own one now?

Because in certain social situations, once you reach a "certain" age , the cars are embarassing...

You all want an M3 anyway I reckon, performance with out the hysterics and prestige to boot.

rally rep car on the road=chav chariot
Old 21 June 2005, 04:55 PM
WRXtra power
Scooby Regular

Besides Lancia delta's are not regarded as chav, they are a classic rally bread road car. It's the idiots on here who keep referring to it as chav who are spoiling it's image.
Old 21 June 2005, 04:59 PM
WRXtra power
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by brybusa
You all want an M3 anyway I reckon, performance with out the hysterics and prestige to boot.
And spotty little oikes with their 316's made to look like M3's haven't spoilt the image of that car have they .

Quick Reply: CHAV!!! Are you sick of hearing it on here?