ScoobyNet General General Subaru Discussion

Alarm Botch!

Search this Thread

Old 14 July 2005, 10:21 PM
Kenny.S
Scooby Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Alarm Botch!

Just been doing a bit of poking about under the dash of my car, initially to find that bloody annoying beeper that tells you you've left the keys in the ignition engine on or not, found that and dissabled it
While i was in there i found all the alarm wiring hanging in a mess with the two immobiliser circuits just flapping in the breeze!
The chump that fitted it has cut the starter feed, fair enough, but he's also cut the main ignition feed to the car! So the whole car near enough is running through the alarm! Not clever
I'm going to change this to cut the fuel pump only, so here's the question does anyone know where the fuel relay is on a 95 Sti RA? and any of the wire codes it's a bit of a mess in there!

Kenny
Old 15 July 2005, 11:12 AM
STI Craig
Scooby Regular

yeh its on the drivers side to your right up behind the dash

best way to find it is to switch the ignition on and off so u can hear it clicking (wen the fuel pump primes up)

btw its a **** to get to and youll soon c y they put it on the ignition
Old 15 July 2005, 02:44 PM
Kenny.S
Scooby Regular

Had a good rumage around at work today, found the little bugger and your right enough it is total nightmare to get at.
Found the supply line to the fuel pump so i've decided to cut that instead, pump wont draw too much current think an walbro only uses 9 amps max and the relay in the alarm can switch 30 so it should be ok.
I dont look forward to changing that relay if it ever fails!!!!!!!!!

Kenny
Old 16 July 2005, 01:23 AM
STI Craig
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by Kenny.S
Had a good rumage around at work today, found the little bugger and your right enough it is total nightmare to get at.
Found the supply line to the fuel pump so i've decided to cut that instead, pump wont draw too much current think an walbro only uses 9 amps max and the relay in the alarm can switch 30 so it should be ok.
I dont look forward to changing that relay if it ever fails!!!!!!!!!

Kenny
lol yeh

but if your worried about the being toomuch current going through the alarm cut the prime up wire that way it is only being used for say 3 seconds every time you use the car.
also those wires are only live for those 3 seconds which is less likely to cause a fire

Last edited by STI Craig; 16 July 2005 at 01:26 AM.