Search this Thread

Old 08 August 2005, 08:36 PM
Horico
Scooby Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Sti V5 or Evo 6???

Right...

I have a choice.....

Either go all out and save some brass for an EVO 6 or use the brass I have now and get a wrx sti V5...

Is there anyone that has had both or can offer constructive comments on ownership...and merits of both.

I've just sold my UK Turbo with 250 BHP and want to step up a little...

I know this is scoobynet yadda yadda yadda but am hoping for a few sensible posts that encourage thought rather than general brand hatred / loyalty...

One of the biggest questions: Is the '6 - 4k (on average) better than the sti?

I'll drop a similar post on the MLR..

Can anyone help out?

Horico

Last edited by Horico; 08 August 2005 at 08:39 PM.
Old 08 August 2005, 08:57 PM
Hanley
Scooby Regular

Can't really offer any constructive comments on ownership, never had an Evo 6. I do have an MY04 STI and as much as I love it I still wish I'd owned an Evo.

My advice would be to save and get the Evo 6 if you can
Old 08 August 2005, 09:31 PM
DMB
Scooby Regular

Talking

Depends on what you want it for!

Sti will be more comfortable day to day and be longer between services. Type RA is massively fast (as good as an evo in my opinion) standard sti not quite so. Real good all rounder that also sounds great.

Evo great for quick blasts and more fun than basic sti but tiny fuel tank and economy (do you care??) service every 4k and eats brakes for a living. Ride downright uncomfortable if you are just nipping about town or on long journey (although you'll be stopping to fill up every 150 miles so you do get relief on a trek). Sounds like a hairdryer.

Thats my 2p hope it helps
Old 08 August 2005, 09:35 PM
Horico
Scooby Regular

I'm lucky enought to live only 3 miles from work and I don't do many miles per year...

I do make the odd long journey from time to time but to be fair, my scoob was quite stiff on the bumps....

I like both but dunno if I plump for the cheaper sti I will always think i should have gone all out for the beasty 6. The other option is to get a cheaper scoob and then get a track bike!

I'm really struggling to get this one bottomed out...
Old 08 August 2005, 09:50 PM
DMB
Scooby Regular

Have you driven an evo? If not go find the nearest Ralli Art dealer and get a test drive at least then you won't get to do the regret thing if you go for the scoob.

If you want beast then why not save a bit of cash on the evo and go for the RA?
Old 08 August 2005, 09:57 PM
Horico
Scooby Regular

drove an evo 4 last week (for exactly 4.5 miles)....didn't really get a feel for it to be honest....need to have a much longer ride.....and preferably in a VI
Old 08 August 2005, 10:08 PM
PJ-STI
Scooby Regular

I had a evo 6 only 2 months ago and I loved it. It looked the part but AYC was the biggest pain in the A**. Make sure you learn about it. Mine was on it's way out making sqecking noises, I had mine system flushed out but still caused me problems. To get a new one your looking at ££££ . The seats wear easy as well but overall it was a great car and a super strong engine till someone wrote it off .

I come across a STI V3 which would get me by till the insurance company paid out( I have allways had a soft spot for the STI's) TILL my big end went and is going to cost me £3000+. There is pro's and con's to each car. The scooby looks good and sounds the nuts!! but it's common, where the Evo was RARE!!!

If I could go back in time I would have kept the evo, but sh*t happens and I am getting the STI repaired and going to keep it.

Good luck pal
Old 09 August 2005, 03:53 PM
Horico
Scooby Regular

Sounds very much like an evo across both forums.....best get savin