ScoobyNet General General Subaru Discussion

Advice needed.

Search this Thread

Old 10 August 2005, 10:45 PM
mike_d
Scooby Newbie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Advice needed.

Hi all im mike and have come across from HullScoobs forum. I was told about this site and was advised to join it. I have owned my Impreza for just over a month now. Its a red WRX Import on a 95 plate.
As with most japanese imports it is restricted, I was told that i needed a small box to take off this restriction. I have also been told it costs about 50 quid.

I just dont know where to get it from and was wondering if anyone on here could advise me on where to purchase it.

All help would be greatfully appreciated.

Thanks in advance,

mike.
Old 10 August 2005, 10:47 PM
flat4_ire
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by mike_d
Hi all im mike and have come across from HullScoobs forum. I was told about this site and was advised to join it. I have owned my Impreza for just over a month now. Its a red WRX Import on a 95 plate.
As with most japanese imports it is restricted, I was told that i needed a small box to take off this restriction. I have also been told it costs about 50 quid.

I just dont know where to get it from and was wondering if anyone on here could advise me on where to purchase it.

All help would be greatfully appreciated.

Thanks in advance,

mike.
FCD available from www.whiffbitz.co.uk
Old 10 August 2005, 11:52 PM
mike_d
Scooby Newbie

Dont mean to sound Daft But what does FCD stand for.
Old 10 August 2005, 11:55 PM
mickywrx
Unmapped 12.4s @ 105
Support Scoobynet!

Location: Newcastle. 330bhp-289lb/ft @ 1bar boost - 12.4s @ 105mph
Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
To the best of my knowledge an FCD is a Fuel Cut Defencer. Stops cut off of petrol when a boost limit is reached. Take it you wnat a speed de-limiter?
Old 10 August 2005, 11:58 PM
GC8
Scooby Regular

The restriction cant be removed but by converting the cable speedometer drive (using a 1.6:1 reduction gear) you effectively move the restriction to 180mph, from 180kph. I assume that your 'mph converted' speedometer reads to about 110-120mph?

When youve done this youll need a 180mph spedometer face of course.....

Simon
Old 11 August 2005, 12:05 AM
mike_d
Scooby Newbie

Smile

At the minute it still has the kmh dials in but want to get the mph dials in white when its changed. Basically what happened was i reached the limiter and the car started to jerk like it was been starved by fuel. I was told that i could get a little box to get rid of it for about 50 quid.

Im new to owning a Subaru and will ask (what to you may sound silly) questions but to me it will be quite serious.

I want to get it sorted asap. Its not going as quick as i would like it too, Or as quick as my bike.
Old 11 August 2005, 12:09 AM
GC8
Scooby Regular

White will be 'Lockwood' not my first choice but anyway..... The import Classic set will have both dials, one maxing at 112mph or thereabouts and one at 180mph. The restriction is triggered in the ECU when the speedometer reads 180; whether its reading kph as manufactured or mph will depend on whether the 1.6:1 reduction device has been fitted to the speedo cable. This is the only restriction on a JDM car; if this isnt happening then the speed restriction isnt the issue.

Simon

Btw; why redline a turbocharged car? Itd be faster if you drove it properly.

Trending Topics

Old 11 August 2005, 12:16 AM
mike_d
Scooby Newbie

Not redline mate. Had it flat out. I might not be the best driver on here but when it comes to speed i cant get enough of it. My bike does 165mph and the scooby doesnt seem as quick. It is in kmh at the minute and as for the dials i dont know of any others but the lockwood ones.

Like i mentioned, as far as scoobies are concerned im very new to this sort of thing and will ask silly questions. If you think Lockwood are **** then please advise me on better ones.

My bike gets everything it needs and so will the car within time.No matter what the cost.