ScoobyNet General General Subaru Discussion

Not Happy

Search this Thread

Old 11 August 2005, 07:38 PM
Julz1983
Scooby Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Angry Not Happy

Had the Engine Management Light come on last week on the scoob, so took it to our Subaru dealer today to see what the prob was, they put it on to the diagnostics machine and found that the exhaust temperature sensor is showing up as around 320 degrees celsius even though it was in one spot and not moving, we then found out that there is a piggyback chip which someone has souldered to the cpu. We need some advice. If I go back to the beginning from getting the car, we bought our WRX (51 plate) in May from a Nissan dealer who knows nothing about these cars, it was up for £12995, so we thought a good price for a standard car, they told us there was no mods what so ever, only had a dump valve on from new, a different exhaust, but loads of ppl change that, we've had to have the car taken in for bits and bobs done to it since buying the car, but have been told after Nissan has touched it to take it to Subaru coz they don't have all the machines etc to check for anything else, we went to subaru last month only to be told there was a boost valve on it, we did not know this, then today we were told about the chip, not only that, the manager put our chasis number in to the computer and it didn't show up, so he said it may be an import not a uk car, we s**t bricks for another few mins until he came back to tell us that the car was brought from Belgium but is classed as a parrallel import, so thank god our insurance is right coz if it had come back as a grey import the insurance wouldn't have been valid, we had to pay some money today which Nissan is giving us back tomorrow, but they have been informed it will need a whole new cpu unit by subaru. But correct me if I am wrong, we have been sold a car which was down on all records as a uk car, no modifications, as standard, so they have dealt in a different type of car without taking it to a suabru dealer first to see if anyhting had been put on to it that they couldn't find. We are going to the garage tomorrow to speak to them, just wondering if anyone has any advice for us as we are really pi**ed off at the mo.

Last edited by Julz1983; 11 August 2005 at 07:40 PM.
Old 11 August 2005, 08:46 PM
Bubba po
Scooby Regular

I've no idea, mate, but here's a bttt for you.
Old 11 August 2005, 08:52 PM
Julz1983
Scooby Regular

Thanks need to know what I can fire at them tomorrow, I might take a trip to Nostell Priory on Sunday aswell, see if anyone has any advice for us, its a bloody pain in the ***.