ScoobyNet General General Subaru Discussion

Impreza WRX Sti

Search this Thread

Old 08 October 2005, 07:48 PM
Bram
Scooby Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Impreza WRX Sti

Having just bought a impreza I am in a bit of a cufuddle about wot I bought.

The car is Impreza WRx Sti Uk spec with a Prodive performence pack fitted from new 2002 and its got frog eyes. It is in black with chrome mesh on front grills and has pink STi stickers on fog lights covers and on side and on boot. It has fitted a quick change gear lever and water spray button thingy. It has a prodrive exhaust with prodrive engraved on the top of the back box as it projects the rear of the car.

Now is the rub wot is it performing at, I have been told 285bhp from the garage who sold it orig but they were trying to buy it them selves cheap. The owner thinks its around 300bhp and the Evo garage that sold me thinks it well up with there 330 evo. So without testing the bhp has anyone any good advice on what this car has in potential. In test drive it lives and drives better than an evo which i found a bit jaw banging.

I was told by someone that it should have a prodrive certificate, I will be phoning the garage tomorrow to check.

In all the impreza was a more driveable option and could see myself driving daily without my dentist becoming a monthly visit. The gear box was very manageable but the quick change was great.

Any advice on this car and I was thinking of applying new Oz 18" been quoted around £215 - 250 with Pirelli Po extra at around £115. Is this tyre a good choice for the car, I did see some Bridgestones on a showroom car and they looked really grippy. At present it has prodrive 17" Pirelli PO.

Thanks in advance and I'm still navigating the forum and trying to catch up with points of interest.
Old 08 October 2005, 07:53 PM
banny sti
Scooby Senior

Received 22 Likes on 16 Posts

If the car has Prodrive Performance Pack fitted, then the quoted bhp figure for that is 305 bhp. Tyre wise it depends on what kind of driving you will be doing but tyres such as toyo proxes and goodyear eagles are rated quite highly.
Old 08 October 2005, 08:22 PM
Turbotits
Scooby Regular

Without the ppp 265bhp with ppp around 300bhp or if its be ecutek'd with a few mods then it likley to be around 330bhp
Old 08 October 2005, 09:15 PM
Bram
Scooby Regular

Right, I was told by the local suburu garage who did know about the car and were interested in selling it themselves it was fully PPP with a ECU and they were selling it as such if they got it. Oh, it was this garage that asked about its certificate.

Engine wise I saw no physical diff under the bonnet from other WRX I have saw except for a chrome and gold Prodrive Strut brace, am used to induction unit modds and this as far as I could see was a factory fitted plastic one going through the wing and taking two intakes, one above the radiator and one down at the bumper skirt.

I like the look of the eagles and the pirelli's.
Cheers for the input.
Old 08 October 2005, 10:13 PM
BrynO
Scooby Regular

Presuming the PPP on an STi is the same as on a WRX (?).. you should see a Prodrive branded blue hose under the intercooler on the left.. that's fitted as part of the PPP..
Which 17" wheels does it have?, you mentioned Prodrive, didn't think the 17" Prodrive wheels fitted on an STi due to the bigger brakes, could be wrong on that though...
Old 08 October 2005, 11:37 PM
Bram
Scooby Regular

It has gold brembo brakes fitted front and back. The 17" alloys were stated as Prodrive alloys by the car salesman at the evo garage. They looked like OZ type with twin spokes to me, will have a closer look tomoz.
Old 08 October 2005, 11:59 PM
codie247
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by Bram
It has gold brembo brakes fitted front and back. The 17" alloys were stated as Prodrive alloys by the car salesman at the evo garage. They looked like OZ type with twin spokes to me, will have a closer look tomoz.
hi m8, got any pics? is it like this?
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v2.../DSCF01252.jpg

if so it is the WRX STi Prodrive Style, plus it sounds asif it has the ppp aswell. the wheels are looking like OZ superleggeras from the description. nice car anyway m8.
Old 09 October 2005, 10:06 AM
Bram
Scooby Regular

Its near its double except for the chrome grilling at the front end on one I bought.
Old 09 October 2005, 05:34 PM
Turbotits
Scooby Regular

Like this aswell then its as already said a wrx sti prodrive.Its important to state the prodrive bit to the insurance company as i found it to be around £200 cheaper than a standard wrx-sti. http://i21.photobucket.com/albums/b262/mel285p/mine.jpg
Old 09 October 2005, 06:20 PM
codie247
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by Turbotits
Like this aswell then its as already said a wrx sti prodrive.Its important to state the prodrive bit to the insurance company as i found it to be around £200 cheaper than a standard wrx-sti. http://i21.photobucket.com/albums/b262/mel285p/mine.jpg
Me aswell. think i read on here that there were only 100 WRX STi Prodrive's done in blue/black. exclusivity aswell

Lee
Old 01 March 2006, 07:49 AM
Andy 02STI
Scooby Regular

i just found out last night that i have one of these prodrive models so i dutifully phoned the insurance company and they kindly gave me £75 back!
Old 01 March 2006, 06:36 PM
bob r
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by Andy 02STI
i just found out last night that i have one of these prodrive models so i dutifully phoned the insurance company and they kindly gave me £75 back!
insurance companies are .
Old 01 March 2006, 08:54 PM
bluto22b
Scooby Regular

Question

Originally Posted by Bram
its got frog eyes.
Good lord! is there another ugly designation out there? I thought it would be a bugeye at that year (2002)