ScoobyNet General General Subaru Discussion

Not all that..............

Search this Thread

Old 16 October 2005, 12:18 AM
dexter
Scooby Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Not all that..............

Had a drive of a TVR Sagaris today, and as the title says, I was bit disappointed.

55k worth of almost new motor, 10k on the clock so the engine`s pretty loose, 400 bhp of 3996 litre straight six, 195mph top speed (which I wouldn`t know about), and a 0-60 time of 3.6 secs (which I would ).

Yes, the figures sound great, but I took it for about 8 miles, through some of my local country roads, and the best thing about it was the sound, which is sheer delight.

The acceleration did not give the expected kick, but the back-end did, as it jumped about abit, and warned me that no........this was not my car to overstep the mark in.

All in all, it showed me what a fantastic package the Scooby is, as it feels just as quick (note I say feels, as the figures don`t agree), up to about 80 anyway, and, believe it or not, the STi I tried last week felt even more mental, acceleration-wise, than the Sagaris.

Flame me if you will, but I`m just calling it as I see it. The Scoobs really are that good................................
Old 16 October 2005, 12:15 PM
mr incredible
Scooby Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Cool

Originally Posted by dexter
Had a drive of a TVR Sagaris today, and as the title says, I was bit disappointed.

55k worth of almost new motor, 10k on the clock so the engine`s pretty loose, 400 bhp of 3996 litre straight six, 195mph top speed (which I wouldn`t know about), and a 0-60 time of 3.6 secs (which I would ).

Yes, the figures sound great, but I took it for about 8 miles, through some of my local country roads, and the best thing about it was the sound, which is sheer delight.

The acceleration did not give the expected kick, but the back-end did, as it jumped about abit, and warned me that no........this was not my car to overstep the mark in.

All in all, it showed me what a fantastic package the Scooby is, as it feels just as quick (note I say feels, as the figures don`t agree), up to about 80 anyway, and, believe it or not, the STi I tried last week felt even more mental, acceleration-wise, than the Sagaris.

Flame me if you will, but I`m just calling it as I see it. The Scoobs really are that good................................
Hi dexter,over 12 months ago after owning 2 classics i fanceyed a change
and a TVR fitted the bill,your write about the noise but the performance was in the same league as my impreza's,and on one test drive ended up pushing
it back to the garage !!!
I now own a STI 8,and now get to Le Mans each year!