ScoobyNet General General Subaru Discussion

Quick Answer Please......

Search this Thread

Old 16 October 2005, 04:23 PM
Foxmod
Scooby Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Quick Answer Please......

MODS : Please leave in General for awhile as I need an answer for tomorrow, cheers.

Not Long had the 30K Service done on my MY03 STi Type UK, would this require the the need to go near the Turbo Up pipe?

Reason : -

Travelling back from the Backpool Big One and a hear a grinding rattle noise while doing a steady pace down the M1. Upon investigation the noise is related to engine RPM not speed......oh **** I think....... and the steering is VERY difficult to use, I think that the pump may have gone

Anyway, had alook today and it appears that there is a metal shroud around the turbo up-pipe?? this is loose in two halfs and is just hanging onto the pipe. I've tried to remove it but it's a pig and is there for good.

I've moved it / it's fallen further down the pipe and hay! the sterring is back to normal

SO : DID THE MONKEY WHO PREFORMED THE 30k SERVICE UNDO THE BOLTS TO PERFORM THE SERVICE AND NOT DO THEM UP AGAIN PROPERLY, or should I put it down to one of thoses things?? - and would it be covered under the warrenty if I take it to the dealer??

Should I blame them?? or is it one of those things??

Any sensible answers please

Many thanks

Dave
Old 16 October 2005, 05:14 PM
BrynO
Scooby Regular

Nope, don't see why they would not have gone anywhere near the up-pipe..
Old 16 October 2005, 05:28 PM
Trap2Terrorist
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by BrynO
Nope, don't see why they would not have gone anywhere near the up-pipe..
That said, I picked mine up from its 30k service at a main dealer and while driving home tried to use my 'squirty' to clean the windscreen - no water, just the motor whining.

Got home, opened the bonnet and the screen washer pipe running from the water bottle to the bonnet was all twisted and kinked. I had to disconnect it and re-route it the correct way to sort it out.

Definately done by the guy who serviced the car.
Old 16 October 2005, 05:59 PM
BrynO
Scooby Regular

30k service is oil, filter, coolant, diff & box oil, airfilter and probably something I've forget, can't think why they would need to go anywhere near the uppipe heat shield...

T2T, maybe they needed to lift the washer bottle out for something?.. I've had to a few times, usually 'cause I've lost something like a spanner down the back of it LOL..
Old 16 October 2005, 07:22 PM
Trap2Terrorist
Scooby Regular

[QUOTE=BrynO]30k service is oil, filter, coolant, diff & box oil, airfilter and probably something I've forget, can't think why they would need to go anywhere near the uppipe heat shield...

T2T, maybe they needed to lift the washer bottle out for something?.. I've had to a few times, usually 'cause I've lost something like a spanner down the back of it LOL..[/QUOTE]

Old 17 October 2005, 12:08 AM
Foxmod
Scooby Regular

Thanks for the replies all, I'll take it to the dealer for a re-fit - just hope I can blag it under the warrenty......

Dave