ScoobyNet General General Subaru Discussion

Got Eibach's and Spec C struts fitted

Search this Thread

Old 13 December 2005, 10:52 PM
Ben WRX Bug-Eye
Scooby Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Talking Got Eibach's and Spec C struts fitted

Took the car down to Powerstation today and ended up having an Eibach Pro Kit and Spec C struts fitted to my bug-eye.

The difference is massive. Car sits noticeably lower to the ground - gone is that up on stilts look. The roll when pressing on through corners is greatly reduced and steering feel is much improved. It is reassuringly firmer without being too hard and the car generally feels a lot more planted.

Can't say how much of the improvement is attributable to the struts, but an Eibach Pro Kit definitely has to be the number one priority mod to make to a bug-eye in my opinion.

I left the negative camber on the back wheels - not worried about a bit of inner edge tyre wear and this ought to be a benefit when it next see's a track.

Powerstation really know their stuff and are more than happy to answer your questions. Curtis who worked on my car is a top bloke as are the others. Was booked in first thing so also had the pleasure of seeing all the cars (and there were some very impressive cars) fired up and run out the workshop. Can't recommend them enough and I will gladly repeat the 250 mile round trip in future.
Old 13 December 2005, 11:06 PM
scarey
Scooby Regular

had suspension played with by powerstation on my03sti and is like a new car

agree they are top blokes and happy to do the 150+ mile round trip for them to do the work
Old 13 December 2005, 11:18 PM
Ben WRX Bug-Eye
Scooby Regular

Prices also very reasonable considering. I'd driven other Scoobs in the past that have had the Eibach treatment, so more or less knew what to expect, but with it being my own car I've really been able to 'fully appreciate' the transformation.