ScoobyNet General General Subaru Discussion

Is it just mine?

Search this Thread

Old 30 December 2005, 09:50 PM
555wrx
Scooby Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Is it just mine?

.....Or has anybody else had their car damaged more than once by mindless idiots.
In just over 12 months of owning my UK turbo, Ive had a windscreen replaced due to having a rock thrown at it, Ive now had two occasions where Ive left it in a well known shops car park (tesco) and come back to find it firstly covered in coke and then secondly with a shopping trolley rammed into the front bumper, Ive even been sat in the car and had a car park next to me, only for the owner and his missus to get out and whack my car with their doors (without apology).
Then to top that , it was parked in Sainsburys today and some tit must have slammed a trolley into the quater panel, leaving a big dent !

I am very careful about where its parked, but even thats not seeming to make any difference.

Bloody B@st*r#s!!

Rant over!
Old 30 December 2005, 09:59 PM
Jdub
Scooby Regular

I had a custom Beetle that had one of the side skirts kicked in, in my Pulsar I left one of the windows open a bit by mistake and some one flicked a cig in it and it burnt the back seat (lucky it didn't set on fire!), borrowed my dads car left it at a mates, wing mirrors got kicked off and it was keyed and finally my Scoob has been egged. I am now scared to leave it any where incase it gets damaged, guess this is just the socieity we live in, the sad thing is if you catch a toe rag doing this and do something you will end up in court, My faith in this country is rapidly going down the drain.
Old 30 December 2005, 10:01 PM
jpor
Scooby Regular

Used to get dents and scratches on my UK turbo. Sorry to hear that your getting it worse. The only thing to suggest is to buy a old banger for a run-a-bout and the shopping run. If it gets bashed, it doesn't matter, and it's something less to worry about. I now have an STi which I just use for the weekends and nights and have an old Peugeot 205 for a run-a-bout and to go to the supermarket in.
Old 30 December 2005, 10:19 PM
Dspeed
Scooby Regular

Bring back hanging!
Old 30 December 2005, 10:25 PM
bob r
Scooby Regular

i dont do supermarket carparks for those very reasons, if i have the misfortune of having to go with the lovely wife i will stay with the car (sad perhaps) or park it well out of the way, usually to return and find someone parked next to me, when there is another 500000000 spaces left on the carpark. MENTAL