ScoobyNet General General Subaru Discussion

need help please

Search this Thread

Old 13 January 2006, 06:36 PM
stevie1982
Scooby Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default need help please

sorry people did not know which forum to put this in!

i have a my97 uk turbo ppp and i am have a problem,

if i am driving over 20mph and turn hard/sharp left anything over/around a quater of a turn of the steering wheel i get/hear a scraping, wearing noise coming from the drivers side front wheel. (its fine from stand still or anything below) also if i am breaking from anything over 50mph i get a lot of shudder threw the steering wheel at first i thought (pads and warpped disks),

any ideas what could be wrong? (b4 it said no wear on tyre so its not rubbing/scraping etc)

now i am wondering if the two are/could be related in anyway?

any help would be great!

thanks

steve
Old 13 January 2006, 06:44 PM
skscooby
Scooby Newbie

could be a loose wheel bearing. jack the car up, grab the wheel top and bottom and give it a shake. if there is to much play bearing is probably goosed
Old 13 January 2006, 06:45 PM
ReggieMY99
Scooby Regular

There is a shield behind the disc if you take a closer look, if it has been bent abit it will rub against the disc when you turn

worth checking out
Old 13 January 2006, 06:54 PM
Turbotits
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by skscooby
could be a loose wheel bearing. jack the car up, grab the wheel top and bottom and give it a shake. if there is to much play bearing is probably goosed
Probably wheel bearing,Jacking it up and trying to move the wheel for play doesnt work on the front of a scoob as the drive shaft keeps things tight. The nut needs to be taken off the drive shaft then feel for play.

Had this myself for weeks and turned out to be n/s/f wheel bearing had no noise in a straight line but a grinding while turning left.
Old 14 January 2006, 12:55 PM
stevie1982
Scooby Regular

thanks for that guys i will put it into a garage as soon as i can

steve
Old 14 January 2006, 02:57 PM
dj219957
Scooby Regular

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Have you checked the condition of the brake pads? Some pads have a little clip which "squeels" on the disc when they drop so low. Sometimes they only just catch on turning the wheel a bt.

Andy

Originally Posted by stevie1982
sorry people did not know which forum to put this in!

i have a my97 uk turbo ppp and i am have a problem,

if i am driving over 20mph and turn hard/sharp left anything over/around a quater of a turn of the steering wheel i get/hear a scraping, wearing noise coming from the drivers side front wheel. (its fine from stand still or anything below) also if i am breaking from anything over 50mph i get a lot of shudder threw the steering wheel at first i thought (pads and warpped disks),

any ideas what could be wrong? (b4 it said no wear on tyre so its not rubbing/scraping etc)

now i am wondering if the two are/could be related in anyway?

any help would be great!

thanks

steve