ScoobyNet General General Subaru Discussion

another newbie needs advice

Search this Thread

Old 29 January 2006, 06:22 PM
scooby0809
Scooby Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default another newbie needs advice

Hi all, I am relatively new to scooby ownership and could do with some advice. I have a 98 sti and I am loving every minute of it but the tuning bug soon took hold and I booked the car in for apexi pfc remap. Once booked in I fitted full decat and ggr induction kit ready for the remap, but have been cancelled as there is no pfc availble for my year car and I could have to wait till the end of March I don't like driving the car with these bits fitted but have no choice, do you think it will be ok to drive until possibly March off boost? What other options do I have for remaps, what about the autronic? How does this compare with the pfc? Not sure whether to be patient and wait for the pfc or go down other routes? Any advice would be great.
Old 29 January 2006, 06:42 PM
banny sti
Scooby Senior

Received 22 Likes on 16 Posts

Originally Posted by scooby0809
Hi all, I am relatively new to scooby ownership and could do with some advice. I have a 98 sti and I am loving every minute of it but the tuning bug soon took hold and I booked the car in for apexi pfc remap. Once booked in I fitted full decat and ggr induction kit ready for the remap, but have been cancelled as there is no pfc availble for my year car and I could have to wait till the end of March I don't like driving the car with these bits fitted but have no choice, do you think it will be ok to drive until possibly March off boost? What other options do I have for remaps, what about the autronic? How does this compare with the pfc? Not sure whether to be patient and wait for the pfc or go down other routes? Any advice would be great.
Hi there, not sure how the autronics compares to the pfc but have it on good authority that it is faster acting and cheaper than the motec. Also scoobyclinic can link it up to the dyno to give the best result.However the car should be ok to run as it is with optimax and octane booster, thats what i do with import wrx ra with full exhaust, up pipe and panel filter. Also upgrade your fuel pump.

Regards Maz
Old 30 January 2006, 08:29 PM
scooby0809
Scooby Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Thanks for your advice think i'll be patient & wait for the apexi pfc and drive it off boost till i can get it mapped. just wanted to check its not going to blow up if i wait and drive it this long with these mods and not mapped for them.