Help replacing piece of interior trim

Search this Thread

Old 30 January 2006, 01:21 PM
Wiblet
Scooby Newbie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Help replacing piece of interior trim

Hello all.

Whilst replacing the front speakers in my MY01 WRX, I managed to break something.

Luckily it wasn't anything too serious or expensive looking; I snapped the piece of plastic trim that goes around the door handle (on the passenger door). Here's a picture of it lifted from Chiark's guide to replacing speakers (note how the photo makes it look like it can be removed using only the tips of your fingers and little force!):

Anyway, the point is, I rang the local dealer to get a replacement, but the guy there reckons it isn't sold seperately and I'd have to blow £250 on a new door card to get one!

Does anyone know what the exact part number is for this, or anywhere that I could order it from that could post it to me? A vague idea of cost would also be appreciated (can't be too much, right?).

Cheers,
Phil
Old 30 January 2006, 01:27 PM
HowiesPreza
Scooby Regular

Location: Whitley Bay the Falaraki of the North! sold CTR bought another scooby, got refund after legal battle

Get urself to a scarppy - should be cheap if not free. Mine came out easily enough - just needed a flat screwdriver. How did you break it they're pretty flexible!
Old 30 January 2006, 01:32 PM
Wiblet
Scooby Newbie

I dunno, I'm an idiot! Guy at work with a Scooby says he broke his as well, though (but local dealer could actually find the part number at the time!).
Old 30 January 2006, 01:44 PM
HowiesPreza
Scooby Regular

Location: Whitley Bay the Falaraki of the North! sold CTR bought another scooby, got refund after legal battle

Careless!

Like I say cheapest and probably the easiest way is to phone a local scrap yard and ask if they have a MY01 with that door intact then get urself down there - jobs a good un.
Old 30 January 2006, 03:28 PM
ethanrob
Scooby Regular

They cost less then a fiver from a scooby main dealer,i have broke several of them in my time,Little bugger's they be!
Old 30 January 2006, 04:32 PM
ru'
Scooby Regular

I broke mine too - doesn't help you get a replacement but hopefully it'll make you feel a bit better.

Mine's still bust, so if you get a part number please let me know!!!
Old 30 January 2006, 04:52 PM
Wiblet
Scooby Newbie

Okay, I've given up on the garage near Telford, but the one in Cheltenham (which my Dad works next door to, handily) are ordering me one in. It took them several minutes to find any mention of the thing on their crazy computerised part-finding system, but the guy working the parts desk did at least say "I know exactly the thing you're talking about, but I don't know what it's called"!

When I've got hold of it, I'll write the part number up (this may not be of any help to those who've broken the right hand one, of course!).